• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus an alien from another planet?

Which is more plausible?

• Jesus was an alien

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Jesus was the son of god

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

:yoda:

Thaaaaats riiiight! The story in the NT involves angels, which could just as easily have been aliens from another world, using light technology to make themselves radiant and other technologies to fly around or use cloaking technology to appear invisible or atleast blurry. Hidden speakers could be used to pretend like a god is speaking through thin air. Advanced nanotechnology and genetic/biological information about human anatomy could be used to repair tissue and regrow limbs or ears. Advanced resuscitation technology could be used to 'raise people from the dead'.

Why would they do this, you ask? Perhaps they were filming it, wanting to win some award back on their home planet for 'best creative epic' at the video awards? Maybe they were just having some fun with primitive humans? Maybe they had more virtuous reasons, and thought it would be a good idea to try to spread some good values among humans?

Is the alien theory more or less plausible than the Christian version?

Personally, I think it is more plausible - though not by much - simply because we know that life can exist on planets, and theres lots of those in the universe. We know that technology is incredibly powerful, and it may be possible to travel between stars in stasis and be able to do all the things Jesus did.

On the other hand, is the idea, based on no credible evidence whatsoever, that an omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient being exists...

Kerr

I dont know. Find it to be a rather silly question. There is more evidence for him being the son of God then an alien, at least to my knowledge, and I cannot think of a good reason an alien would pretend to be the son of God :shrug:. Both of them are in my opinion not plausible, its just that the Bible is more evidence (for him being the son of God) then the idea that he was an alien even has. Considering I dont consider the Bible evidence at all, that should say something about what I think of the idea that he was an alien :p.

That said, it would be an interesting subject to speculate about, lol. Just for fun, of course.

EDIT:

To be honest, if we throw evidence and the idea that we need evidence out of the window, I would probably say that it is more plausible that he was an alien.

connermt

:yoda:

Thaaaaats riiiight! The story in the NT involves angels, which could just as easily have been aliens from another world, using light technology to make themselves radiant and other technologies to fly around or use cloaking technology to appear invisible or atleast blurry. Hidden speakers could be used to pretend like a god is speaking through thin air. Advanced nanotechnology and genetic/biological information about human anatomy could be used to repair tissue and regrow limbs or ears. Advanced resuscitation technology could be used to 'raise people from the dead'.

Why would they do this, you ask? Perhaps they were filming it, wanting to win some award back on their home planet for 'best creative epic' at the video awards? Maybe they were just having some fun with primitive humans? Maybe they had more virtuous reasons, and thought it would be a good idea to try to spread some good values among humans?

Is the alien theory more or less plausible than the Christian version?

Personally, I think it is more plausible - though not by much - simply because we know that life can exist on planets, and theres lots of those in the universe. We know that technology is incredibly powerful, and it may be possible to travel between stars in stasis and be able to do all the things Jesus did.

On the other hand, is the idea, based on no credible evidence whatsoever, that an omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient being exists...

It seems more possible that he was either from another world or designed by something from another world if the bible's to be true. Basically, it seems more likely that he's a natural (albeit EBE) being than a supernatural one.

Sgloom

there should be atleast 2 more options.
jesus was just a regular man like everyone else. which would get my vote. or
jesus never existed in the first place.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is difficult to gauge if a possibly mythical figure was of alien origin. Given that we have yet to verify any other cases of alien visitors, I'm inclined to say no, if he existed, JC was not likely an alien.

That aside, I can't help but wonder what is going on these days. We have now had threads called, "Was Jesus gay", "Was Jesus a Narcissist" and now "Was Jesus an alien". Isn't there more meaningful things to discuss?

Kerr

I dont know, the OP did not ask if he was an alien or the son of God, it asked which one we would consider to be more plausible then the other. If he asked if Jesus was an alien or the son of God then I would most definatly agree.

None of the above should be an option.

lol, why not?

I was thinking about throwing those in there, but then the meaning of the poll would be much different. The purpose of the poll was to compare both these wild possibilities against each other and see which one people think is more plausible. Maybe if enough people vote for the alien option then some Christians out there may realize just how far-fetched the Christian ideas are.

Dezzie

Personally, I believe that Jesus was probably just a regular man just like the rest of us... but since that isn't an option, I think 'Jesus is an alien' is more believable to me. I believe in life on other planets more than I believe virgin Mary gave birth to God's son. lol

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I once knew a guy named Jesus. He was from Guatamala and everyone suspected him of being an unregistered alien.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I'd like to point out that the difference might not be as clear cut as everyone would like to think.

(The Sky People are not your friends. :D)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering the definition of 'alien', isn't any being not from Earth an alien, including the 'son of God'?

Considering the definition of 'alien', isn't any being not from Earth an alien, including the 'son of God'?

I suppose. Either way, the thread's title and OP make it clear what kind of aliens we're talking about, the ones that evolve on other planets or moons.