• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was it any use for jesus to die for sins?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You are familiar with the significance of the soul / blood / life in the Bible? Eye for eye, soul for soul?......

I find a number of people when they hear 'eye for eye' think that means revenge.
Whereas, in Scripture it is talking about ' equal justice '. Justice for the righteous.
'Soul for soul' would mean if you took a person's life (murder) then you would forfeit your own life, etc.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The first man and woman ate the fruit and passed it down to all of us. We don't know the nature of the fruit.
We don't have to know or not know the nature of the fruit, but we do know in Scripture that once Adam and Eve broke God's law they No longer had access to the ' tree of life '.
Mankind will Not see the return of that ' tree of life ' until Jesus sets up his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
The ' tree of life ' is one reason we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Revelation 22:2 to Earth for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.- Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thanks. My experience shows that God can be very cruel indeed in order to be kind in other ways, so we suffer Him.
I find Job's experience shows that it is 'Satan' who can be very cruel - Job 2:4-5
Satan challenges all of us. Touch our ' flesh' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar, and so can we.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you believe in the doctrine then you would think Jesus died for our sins as way for mankind to receive salvation
But what if he was just a cult leader who got too popular and was executed?

Now, if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how is it that some say there is No resurrection of the dead?
If, indeed, there is No resurrection of the dead, then Christ has Not been raised up.
But if Christ has Not been raised up, then our preaching is certainly in vain, and one's faith is also in vain.
Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God because we have given witness against God by saying that He raised up the Christ, when He did Not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up.
For if the dead are really Not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up.
Further, if Christ has Not been raised up, one's faith is useless, you remains in your sins.
Then also those who fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished.
If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone - 1 Corinthians 15:12-20

Timothy Spurlin

To which hell are you referring______
The religious-myth hell of burning forever, or the Bible's hell which is mankind's stone-cold temporary grave _____
It is false clergy who often use 'fire ' as a scare tactic to try to control the flock of God.

A person can sin and Not feel guilt, after all we are all imperfect.
Sin is either: on purpose or not, intentional or not, premeditated or not, by accident or not.
So, when we do Not sin willfully we need Not feel guilty, but we still should feel remorseful about it.

Sin is use to make people feel guilty and control them.

Now, if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how is it that some say there is No resurrection of the dead?
If, indeed, there is No resurrection of the dead, then Christ has Not been raised up.
But if Christ has Not been raised up, then our preaching is certainly in vain, and one's faith is also in vain.
Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God because we have given witness against God by saying that He raised up the Christ, when He did Not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up.
For if the dead are really Not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up.
Further, if Christ has Not been raised up, one's faith is useless, you remains in your sins.
Then also those who fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished.
If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone - 1 Corinthians 15:12-20

I get it. You would rather believe in this none sense then do any critical thinking for yourself.

Shantanu

I find Job's experience shows that it is 'Satan' who can be very cruel - Job 2:4-5
Satan challenges all of us. Touch our ' flesh' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar, and so can we.
You are right: Satan is evil. God on the other hand reinforces belief when it is needed most.

Shantanu

So you pretend to be god because you like doing it? Are do you like trolling people?
I wanted to be free of God and carry out my own dharmic actions independently. But I was also a devotee who would go and check with God as to whether He had any messages for me. And He did have messages that would reinforce my belief in Him that He exists. That is all. I am for all intents and purposes all the God that I need to me.

If you PM me I can provide you with further details of what happened yesterday so that you can judge for yourself. I am not interested in publicising my knowledge of God any more than to say that I have proof that He exists and that He is an utterly kind personal God; it was my misapprehension that He had been cruel to be kind. I was ignorant in having deduced that inference. He allows me my freedom and it is left to me alone as to when I decide to look for messages from Him.

ManSinha

So now you admit no evidence?
You relie on faith and belief.

Faith = no evidence

What objective evidence do you have that a soul exist?
What objective evidence do you have that a single entity exist?

I personally do not need to have objective evidence in that regard to believe for myself - I am not asking it of anyone else
And I never said I had evidence -

ManSinha

Sin is use to make people feel guilty and control them.

It is an interesting concept is it not?

Many years ago - being homosexual was a sin against man and god as was doing drugs punishable both spiritually and by societal laws
Well societal laws are changing - so what does that mean for the spiritual teachings?

Shantanu

It is an interesting concept is it not?

Many years ago - being homosexual was a sin against man and god as was doing drugs punishable both spiritually and by societal laws
Well societal laws are changing - so what does that mean for the spiritual teachings?
It means do not rely on God to provide you with the right morals to live out your lives.