• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanna earn some money!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Hey everybody...I wanna introduce my problem to you, so that to recieve your comments

Well, I'm a student...And my parents are responsible for funding me..

My problem is that I need too many stuff sometimes, and I feel guilt from asking my parents to pay for them...Say for example, I wanna change my Mp3 player that I have been using for just a year..And I wanna get a new one..
They won't understand why would I need to change it...and furthure more, it's not of their concern..

another example...I wanna buy a new sunglasses that costs 160$....Also I feel guilty to ask them getting it for me!

Now, I thought of having a small job to fund my own stuff...I had ideas like writing articles for magazines, but I knew that this must be volunteering...People dont pay for that

Another idea I had is to work as a typist in a computer center...But they needed a committed applicant...

Commitment doesn't suit me, since I'm a university student...And I have lots of other things to do

What do you think I can do?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Storm said:
Do you have work-study programs in Egypt?

No we dont :(

The problem is that it's not very common for university students to work...And so, my collegues didnt give me any good ideas!

A

angellous_evangellous

Selling plazma and delivering pizza works well in the USA.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I did odd jobs in college, like mowing lawns, painting, and chopping wood.
Those sound cool to me..

The problem is that these stuff aren't common in my country!....I can't go to a carpenter and ask him to let me chopp some wood!

And there is no body who may need a professional painter...I'm not even a professional painter!

I will give you some of my skills...and try giving me ideas based on that:

1- I can write articles
2- I'm good at writing stories
3- I can work as apsychotherapist (yeah..I think I can:D )

Thanks for the help

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, you could research online businesses and see how it's done. There are thousands of them, and many of them have made college students very rich.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lil
Why did you say that?!

No-one needs an MP-3 player, much less to update one, and you can getalong fine with $2.00 sunglasses.
You're a student. You need a pen and a notebook -- period!

I'm afraid it might need commitment!
What is plazma?

Plasma -- in the US there are companies that will pay for it.

Isn't there any task I can perform online for money?

Sell your MP-3 player on E-Bay.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Aha....But I dont think I can do this for money..
It's more like a volunteering work, and I dont like to do good deeds for money...I mean, it's ment to help people...Thus I can't use it to earn money

Yes, but it could compromise religious commitments. :eek:
What do you want me to do???:eek:

angellous_evangellous said:
Well, you could research online businesses and see how it's done. There are thousands of them, and many of them have made college students very rich.
mmm....yeah, I can give it a try

Seyorni said:
No-one needs an MP-3 player, much less to update one, and you can getalong fine with $2.00 sunglasses.
You're a student. You need a pen and a notebook -- period!
I'm a teenager too...and I kinda love spoiling myself a bit :D
I dont see any harm wanting those stuff...Moreover, I'm sensitive, and I didnt go ask my kind dad to get them for me!
Seyorni said:
Plasma -- in the US there are companies that will pay for it.
Lol....Sounds great:D

Seyorni said:
Sell your MP-3 player on E-Bay.
Not a practical idea...I need a continous source of money, that I can get from doing an EFFORT....not like selling my stuff to get new stuff

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Most studies which need human subjects give compensation in the form of money. This can mean anything from sampling pizza to ingesting a pill before running 2 miles on a treadmill.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Can you not get a part time job in a shop or maybe as a waiter or something? I know here in Scotland jobs like bar tending and working in a shop are popular for students and company's like them because they will work the shifts people don't want to, I have a weekend job in a shop working 9-5.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I will give you some of my skills...and try giving me ideas based on that:

1- I can write articles
2- I'm good at writing stories
3- I can work as apsychotherapist (yeah..I think I can:D )

Thanks for the help
What you need to realize "Einstein" is that when people say, "I can write!" that is shorthand for saying "I do not have ANY marketable skills whatsoever."

As, for option 3, based on what I have seen here on RF, it would seem that your expertise in this area is somewhat lacking. I think that simply by posting this thread shows your deep lack of appreciation of "work" in general. It would seem that you are wanting compensation for minimal input and I can assure you unless that "input" is from a "sugar daddy" then you will get precisely what you put into such efforts.

My advice is talk to your daddy and get him to increase your allowance... If you are clever you could create a PowerPoint Presentation showing Cashflow, inflation, cost of living indexes, the effect of Global warming on your capital expenditures, etc. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, the baffle them with bull"twaddle".

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
What you need to realize "Einstein" is that when people say, "I can write!" that is shorthand for saying "I do not have ANY marketable skills whatsoever."

As, for option 3, based on what I have seen here on RF, it would seem that your expertise in this area is somewhat lacking. I think that simply by posting this thread shows your deep lack of appreciation of "work" in general. It would seem that you are wanting compensation for minimal input and I can assure you unless that "input" is from a "sugar daddy" then you will get precisely what you put into such efforts.

My advice is talk to your daddy and get him to increase your allowance... If you are clever you could create a PowerPoint Presentation showing Cashflow, inflation, cost of living indexes, the effect of Global warming on your capital expenditures, etc. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, the baffle them with bull"twaddle".
I should point out that I agree with you to some level

I need money...and really dont wanna work too much hard for that..
I have a good reason, that I actually have to time to be committed to something rather than my study and my college life..
Thats why I limited the critirea into something that can be done online...that would make it easier..May be writing or translating articles...Donno really!

I would feel terrible to ask "daddy" to increase my allowance...and BTW, all the money I recieve are just to make me "live"...

I'm not living with my parents...they are in KSA, while I'm in Egypt, if that would explain more!