• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walmart: Love it or Hate it?

Do you Love or Hate Walmart?

• Love

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Hate

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I just got back from getting groceries at Walmart. It was crazy busy...especially for a Sunday morning! People move through the isles in no discernably organized way while dozens of morbidly obese people fly hither and thither on those rascal things. I was coughed on, bumped in to, and cursed at. Children were running rampant, blocking the isles, and screaming at the top of their lungs. It took me over an hour to move around the store, gather a few odds and ends, and get through the lengthy check out lines. To top it all off, that Justin Bieber song where he goes, "Baby, baby, baby, OHHH! Baby, baby, baby." was playing over and over in a continuous loop. The parking lot was a madhouse and my vehicle was almost hit by an elderly lady driver that ran a stop sign. Suffice it to say, that I hate Walmart...

So what is your opinion? Do you love Walmart or hate it? If you hate it, do you still shop there? If so, why?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Neither. I think, like with any other place, it has much to do with where you live, what you're there for, and when you're shopping. I go to Walmart usually once every other week mainly for things like paper towels, toilet paper, cat food and the like. Things that are cheaper to buy there than at the grocery store. I don't do my grocery shopping there though. For that I go to an actual grocery store. I don't mind Walmart, it serves a purpose, it's not the best place to shop for everything, but it certainly isn't the paragon of evil that so many seem to make it out to be. At least, that's just my average coupon clipping SAHM's opinion.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
There are no shades of gray when it comes to Walmart...either it's total love, or absolute hatred! :D Black or White, True or False...that's the nature of Walmart.
but I do not love, nor do I hate Wal-mart...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No neutral?
They are my favorite campground though. When on the road, tired & hungry,
Wall-Mart lets me buy good food, use the lav, & spend the nite in the parking lot.

Draka

Wonder Woman
There are no shades of gray when it comes to Walmart...either it's total love, or absolute hatred! :D Black or White, True or False...that's the nature of Walmart.

No, it's really not.

It's good for budget shopping for basics, not great for grocery shopping but will do for picking up a few items when in a pinch, and depending on location can be a nice place to shop or a nightmare, like any other store. It's not a love or hate thing. It's a just a store.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I neither love it nor hate it. It's there and sometimes we shop there. ;) But it is the only place I get get Splenda Coke (which is better than aspartame Coke, btw).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No neutral?
They are my favorite campground though. When on the road, tired & hungry,
Wall-Mart lets me buy good food, use the lav, & spend the nite in the parking lot.
There's a fair bit of negative in that, too.

Because of Wal-Mart's policies about that, campgrounds have found their costs going up: RVers will stay at Wal-Mart for a few nights and then only go to a real campground when their tanks need dumping. This means that the RV parks are getting less revenue than they were but just as much **** as before (literally :)), so now their profit per camper-night is going down.

Flankerl

There needs to be another option in the poll.

(x) There is no Walmart in my country because they utterly failed here

And yeah thats cool. :cool:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a fair bit of negative in that, too.
That's competition for ya! But many of us would never stay at campgrounds while en route.
This is just a great alternative to rest stops, entrance/exit ramps & road sides.

Because of Wal-Mart's policies about that, campgrounds have found their costs going up: RVers will stay at Wal-Mart for a few nights and then only go to a real campground when their tanks need dumping. This means that the RV parks are getting less revenue than they were but just as much **** as before (literally :)), so now their profit per camper-night is going down.
I've seen Wall-Mart parking lots & campgrounds. Very few spend more than one nite at Wall-Mart.
No pool, no shade, no wi-fi, no grass, no trees, no water, no electricity, no....you get the picture.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. I do come out cheaper if I purchase from Wal-Mart, but, I'm not always patient enough to sacrifice my sanity by dealing with crap customer service and the weeding through all the people to get to what I want...which isn't always on the stinkin' shelf.

Otherwise, Wal-Mart is fine.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I just got back from getting groceries at Walmart. It was crazy busy...especially for a Sunday morning! People move through the isles in no discernably organized way while dozens of morbidly obese people fly hither and thither on those rascal things. I was coughed on, bumped in to, and cursed at. Children were running rampant, blocking the isles, and screaming at the top of their lungs. It took me over an hour to move around the store, gather a few odds and ends, and get through the lengthy check out lines. To top it all off, that Justin Bieber song where he goes, "Baby, baby, baby, OHHH! Baby, baby, baby." was playing over and over in a continuous loop. The parking lot was a madhouse and my vehicle was almost hit by an elderly lady driver that ran a stop sign. Suffice it to say, that I hate Walmart...

So what is your opinion? Do you love Walmart or hate it? If you hate it, do you still shop there? If so, why?

Most of those issues tend to be the customers, i.e. the general public, rather than the company itself.

I try to love humanity, I really do.

Alceste

Vagabond
I hate them. They're the mother of all big box stores. Here are my reasons for hating big box stores:

- they make it more difficult for local business owners to make money.
- they make it more difficult for their suppliers to make money.
- they depress average local wages.
- they have an adverse impact on economic diversity.
- they have an adverse impact on local resilience.
- they are unsightly.

Things to like about Walmart? They have some cheap stuff. As far as I'm concerned, though, it's not worth the price.

jasonwill2

I hate the place but i am forced to go there i am so poor and need cheap stuff. also all their products are more or less ****, esp if it isnt video games or food

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wall-Marts often have Subways inside.

And there are advantages to their attracting all those obese lower class people:
- You needn't be offended by the sight of'm in your mom & pop stores, or in your boutiques.
- Funny Pictures at WalMart

Draka

Wonder Woman
Wall-Marts often have Subways inside.

And there are advantages to their attracting all those obese lower class people:
- You needn't be offended by the sight of'm in your mom & pop stores, or in your boutiques.
- Funny Pictures at WalMart
There's a McDonald's in the Walmart here. Walmart is much like a mini-mall nowadays. Here you go to Walmart and there's a McyD's, a branch of the local credit union, a portrait studio, a kids' arcade, an optical shoppe, a hair salon, and of course the pharmacy. That isn't counting all the different departments they cover naturally.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's a McDonald's in the Walmart here. Walmart is much like a mini-mall nowadays. Here you go to Walmart and there's a McyD's, a branch of the local credit union, a portrait studio, a kids' arcade, an optical shoppe, a hair salon, and of course the pharmacy. That isn't counting all the different departments they cover naturally.
Yeah, that's a trend in big dept stores....they're exploiting their valuable real estate.
My condolences for having only a McD. Subway is so much better.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yeah, that's a trend in big dept stores....they're exploiting their valuable real estate.
My condolences for having only a McD. Subway is so much better.

If they had a Subway I'd be more likely to stop and eat while shopping there.