• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

jewscout

Religious Zionist
SoulTYPE01 said:
Dracula not the last boss? Strange. He is in all the others..
Yeah i know...this is supposed to be like some kinda prequal...with the first belmont who fought the forces of darkness

SoulTYPE

1596 sees the resurrection of Dracula in The Castlevania Adventure and the intervention of Christopher Belmont, who always struck me as having a steel rod up his arse. Maybe said rod has vampire-repelling properties, because Dracula dies again.

1691 -- The most famous Belmont, Simon, takes up ye whip in Castlevania for the NES. Dracula is flogged like a mongrel dog. Yatta!

1698 -- Simon defies video game logic, which dictates that even characters who battle evil incarnate can appear for a new adventure fresh as a daisy. Gnawed by the wounds inflicted upon him during his battle with the Count, Simon must collect and burn five of Dracula's body parts to put his body and mind at peace, or else die of vampire-related complications. It all happens in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for the NES.

1748 -- In Harmony of Dissonance for the GBA, Juste Belmont, grandson of Simon, ventures to rescue a kidnapped friend from a MEHSTERHEIOS KASTLE. He's accompanied by his friend, Maxim, who suddenly begins to act loopy. Jealousy of the Belmonts leads him to recover Dracula's bits, to prove his worth as a vampire hunter. Juste puts a stop to his plans. He also has a funny name.

In 1792, Dracula kidnaps a whole bunch of chicks from a village that is home to Richter Belmont, a vampire hunter with a silly voice. Richter's girlfriend Annette is among the captives, as is her sister, Maria. These events take place in Rhondo of Blood, and you can finish the game while leaving the captives to die. Don't wring your conscience too much, the timeline keeps them alive for future games. Even your mother thinks you suck, but the Castlevania timeline views you as a hero. Throw yourself a party.

The year 1797 is the setting for one of the best games evah made. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night stars Alucard, Dracula's half-breed son. Maria returns to Castlevania, looking for her brother in law, Richter, who's disappeared. She makes friends with Alucard along the way, and together they discover the truth: Richter is lording over Castlevania, and making a bloody fool of himself the entire ride. The dark priest ... ahem ... Shaft is controlling Richter, and ultimately succeeds in resurrecting Dracula, who says howdy-doo to his son in a dramatic encounter. The battle's end frees Richter, and Alucard prepares to isolate his cursed bloodline from humanity once again ... but not before Maria pledges to follow him.

From 1797 onward, the Belmont bloodline sputters. Few Castlevania games star Belmonts any longer, or even feature cameos. It's probably safe to assume that the family spread itself thin, scattering the name. It's also possible they taught other families to hunt vampires in their stead when that happened, thus carrying on the legacy without the name. If such knowledge makes you sad, recent events will allow you to take heart ...

In 2035, a solar eclipse will take place. Nestled in its cooling heart is Castlevania. Apes may be our masters by 2035, but when Japanese exchange student Soma Cruz is pulled into Castlevania, some mysterious strangers'll assure him that little has changed in Dracula's pad. One of Soma's allies will be a man with amnesia known only as "J" who will eventually remember his roots ... and will be ready to validate them when the time arrives with his whip, the legendary "Vampire Killer."

SoulTYPE

Castlevania
Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Vampires Kiss/Dracula X
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania Rondo of Blood
Castlevania White Night Concerto/Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania Symphony of the Nght
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Castlevania 64
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania Adventure
Castlevania 2 (gameboy)
Castlevania Legends

Carrie Fernandez RULES!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Soul, give me a link to a few Castlevania roms. Would like to play them again. What's your favourite of them all?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
yeah that's where that timeline is from dude:D
I used that for my Belmont character i played:jiggy:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jewscout writes: I try not to use strategy guides and cheats but sometimes i just can't get around it....like pretty much any final fantasy game i've played. It's like you have to buy that strategy guide or you'll never find all the stuff you need to win.On a personal

After about a year of playing off and on I finally finished Final Fantasy X like last month. It was a great game with a good soundtrack. I had a hard time defeating Sin but I understand your reasoning about the Strategy guides with all the side quests and extra mini-games. Mrscarrdero likes playing the beginning of that intro on our piano. I would come home from some place and think, oh good, my wife decided to play and solve Final Fantasy X, good for her, only to discover she is just playing the theme on the piano. I had to get a strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts (PS2) because I couldn’t understand how the ship worked. Animal Crossing (GameCube) is another game that required a strategy guide just because there was too much stuff to explore and discover.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jensa writes:Kingdom Hearts was most excellent, though I was originally horrified by it. "Final Fantasy and Dinsey characters?!"

I thought Kingdom Hearts was a pleasant surprise for the PS2. It was the first game I played when I got my PS2 (I was late in the starting gate). I had heard about the sequel but I thought they should get the license for other characters. Can you imagine a Kingdom Hearts game where the characters of Final Fantasy meet the Warner Bros. characters? A Kingdom Heart game with attitude! Now that would be cool. Or how about a Kingdom Hearts where FF characters meet Hanna/Barbera characters? They could put that one quickly due to the limited animation.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Jewscout writes: It wasn't dracula in this one...actually...come to think of it....dracula is no where to be found....supposedly this is before Dracula...whatever..it's still a sweet game!
soultype01 writes:Dracula not the last boss? Strange. He is in all the others..
His name is Walter.
Should have called him Brian or something.

lousyskater

i'm a PS2 person, but i also like Gamecube a lot. i cant stand Xbox though. i'm playing Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube right now. i haven't beaten it yet though. probably my favorite game now. the last game i beat was Metal Gear Solid 3.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I have an XBox, and I used to play a lot of PC games before I went BSD.

For my favorite game ever...it has to be Street Fighter, either Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES or SFA3 on the PSX. I never could get used to that brick of a controller on the Dreamcast.

As for the games I really like besides SF. Here goes (my favorites list):

Morrowind
Nethack
Unreal Tournament
Age of Kings
Civilization II MPGE

Those games have taken my top spots (Well, at the moment, but my taste can be fickle) :D.

robtex

Veteran Member
I am not nearly as bad but I do at times grow an affinity for any of the warcraft series (though not playing the current one) or diablo series by blizzard entertainment and like the doom and quake series put out by Id. I am not too bad about gaming though.....