• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

lousyskater

SoulTYPE01 said:
I don't like the newer consoles. Graphics are overtaking playability..
yeah, it seems that a lot of games are relying on graphics now more than gameplay.there are still a lot of games out now that have great gameplay though. you just have to look around a bit.

No*s

Captain Obvious
SoulTYPE01 said:
I don't like the newer consoles. Graphics are overtaking playability..

I agree, but there are some good gems. Morrowind and Ninja Gaiden, for instance, are both great games. I guess it's like anything else. The more people do it, the more the garbage piles up exponentially, so it's harder to see gems in the rough. They're still there ;). you just have to look harder.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Lousyskater writes: i'm a PS2 person, but i also like Gamecube a lot. i cant stand Xbox though. i'm playing Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube right now. i haven't beaten it yet though. probably my favorite game now. the last game i beat was Metal Gear Solid 3.
Resident Evil 4. GameCube exclusive!!! Stay tunes PS2 fans I heard it is making a crossover. So LousySkater how does it fare? Does it stand up to the Resident Evil series or is it different? Could this be the best Resident Evil or is it more of the same.
Lousyskater writes: yeah, it seems that a lot of games are relying on graphics now more than gameplay.there are still a lot of games out now that have great gameplay though. you just have to look around a bit.

And they seem to be getting shorter too. Some of the newer console games can be solved in 12 hours or less.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Robtex writes: I am not nearly as bad but I do at times grow an affinity for any of the warcraft series (though not playing the current one) or diablo series by blizzard entertainment and like the doom and quake series put out by Id. I am not too bad about gaming though.....

Played both Diablo 1&2, for PC, enjoyed myself. Mrscarrdero and I went co-op when they ported the first one on PS1. Robtex, do you go onto an online community to play those Blizzard games?

No*s

Captain Obvious
carrdero said:

No*s are you going to pick up FABLE? It got many favorable reviews.

There's a fairly good possibility. I've got a friend who's going to let me borrow it. If I like it, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price. Can't spend too much on games.

Will you pick it up?

lousyskater

carrdero said:

Resident Evil 4. GameCube exclusive!!! Stay tunes PS2 fans I heard it is making a crossover. So LousySkater how does it fare? Does it stand up to the Resident Evil series or is it different? Could this be the best Resident Evil or is it more of the same.
any fan of the RE series will enjoy it. in my opinion, it's the best yet in the series, if not best game ever(and i've been a die hard fan since the first one came out for playstation. i recomend buying a cube for this game. i don't think the PS2 can do much justice to the game graphics-wise.

p.s. the game is 20+ hours long. i'm 13 hours into the game and still on the first disc.

cardero

Citizen Mod
FABLE for Xbox
No*s writes: Will you pick it up?
If it ports, I do not own a Xbox (Xbox offers many great exclusive games too) but if it comes to PC or PS2 I would like to check into it. I enjoy Peter Molynuex's (sp) gaming design and am looking forward to his movie sim game for the PC

No*s

Captain Obvious
Ah. That's too bad. I doubt it'll get ported without its graphics and sound getting toned down. From what I've seen...they're exceptional, and I can't wait to experience it.

SoulTYPE

Unless those coders get off their arse and stop the voting gateway crap and actually do it.
Then they would have to "dump" the contents or start putting up ISO's, ehich frankly, I can't see many being bothered.

No*s

Captain Obvious
We might see them emulated. They'll take a lot more horsepower, and frankly, it may not come.

SoulTYPE

With increased system requirements. And of course plug-ins. Even with 1964 a newer version of RiceDaeldus's graphic plug in is like updated daily rofl.

I wonder if they will enable kaillera support.

No*s

Captain Obvious
That I can't know. I don't keep track of the newest emulation. The newest I go is SNES.

No*s

Captain Obvious
No, but I can download it...but we keep meeting in the mornings when I'm about to get off...

No*s

Captain Obvious
Nah...I mean the mornings are when I'm about to leave. I normally shouldn't stay on much longer than this, because there are things I must attempt to do in town, and I always hope I'm successful (and never am).

SoulTYPE

I should try and emulate my story. Imagine being able to play as Ceridwen running through a maze with a big mofo sword