• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
O.K guys, I'll own up to it; I don't play any at all.
No coordination, slow reactions; games are totally beyond me................:banghead3:banghead3

jewscout

Religious Zionist
michel just do what my mom did when she wanted to get into video games recenlty....buy one of those atari plug and plays they've got now....they're oldies but goodies!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hey jewscout Qote[michel just do what my mom did when she wanted to get into video games recenlty....buy one of those atari plug and plays they've got now....they're oldies but goodies!]

That's far too complicated, I'm still on the Sinclair spectrum...........:jiggy:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Nethack? Try Angband or ADOM. Much better, in my opinion, what with all the new features they have.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I like Nethack's features, but I've played both of the others. Angband, though, draws me away a lot.

Still...Nethack delivers my email :woohoo:

cardero

Citizen Mod
GREAT GAMES OF OUR GENERATION

The Silent Hill series has got to be one of the most disturbing gaming experiences of my lifetime. Riding quickly on the heels of the “survival horror” series RESIDENT EVIL, SILENT HILL focuses its scare tactics on the unknown and the macabre. Strange characters and events abound in the town of SILENT HILL. Each person in each series of the games who visits SILENT HILL has a different relationship to the town, discovering what this relationship is while uncovering more strange areas of the game is what has kept this series fresh and alluring.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I remember the ending credits of SH1 (PS1). They were humourously creepy in a Twin Peaks sort of way. I keep the memory card loaded so that I could pop in the disk and view once and awhile.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Actually I think I got the bad ending. There were three different endings I believe but at the end of the game you were sorted treated to like an "outtake" reel with some very weird music and scenes. I think this happens after the final battle and credits.

cardero

Citizen Mod
GAMING TIP OF THE DAY
Mrscarrdero says: Solve the games you have now before going out and buying more.

This makes much sense to me. You do not have to be the first person on the block to own a game. I have so many games now that I do not think I will be able to start and finish them before the next generation consoles comes out let alone finish them in this lifetime. Wait until the game comes down to a realistic price of $19.99 or less before you purchase it. Not only do you get a good bargain but there are a great many games that I could not afford when they were the regular price of $49.99 so backtracking when these games are affordable allows me to sample and solve some really great classics.