• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I started getting on this on one thread and didn't want to get too OT with it so here goes....
for all the gamers in the house what games have you recently gotten into? Any suggetions on new releases or old standards? What is your favorite game ever? Are you a console person or a PC person, or both?
Basically anything on games ya'll got!:jiggy:

cardero

Citizen Mod
WooHoo!
See if we can keep this thread alive. Right now I am finishing up Castlevania: Lament Of The Innocence and I must say I enjoy this 3-D perspective of the franchise. I have Star Wars Knights Of The Republic for the PC (unopened for about two months) but I may want to wait till I get a new laptop to play it. I bought Viewtiful Joe for Gamecube because I have heard so many good things about it which should be my next venture. Mrscarrdero and I are going through three games together. Champions Of Norrath (PS2), Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles (Gamecube) and we just got a co-worker friend of hers interested (hooked actually) in helping us out for X-Men Legends (Gamecube). Mrscarrdero does not explore 1 Player games by herself but we do enjoy the co-op games together.

Great thread Jewscout and remember kids cheaters never prosper.:tsk:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I loved Castlevania:LOI, it was a great addition to the series. Although i went through and beat it and then you get to play as the one boss w/ all the swords flying around him....it's not as much fun with him, i much prefer the whip of a Belmont!
Side note....this game inspired me to play a Belmont in one of the table top RPGs me and my friends play called Exhaulted (it's made by white wolf the same company that produces the game Vampire if anyone was curious). He was a sweet character w/ the serious undead wooping whip:jam:

I've recently gotten into Killzone and The Bard's Tale both for the PS2
excellent games i highly recommend them!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Metal Gear Solid Series. Very good. Just finished the third one today. I love the SAA! Also, Castlevania SOA is an awesome game. Anyone here play the Elder Scrolls Series? BEST... GAME... EVEEEERRRRR!!!!

cfer

I just finished up with Splinter Cell, myself. I found myself getting addicted to it and had to finish it before the semester started, otherwise I'd never do any homework.

Other than that, I tend to stick more with the sports games, especially football. I could sit for hours playing those things.

Where I work, if everyone's all caught up and we don't have anything else going on, we'll get a game of Unreal Tournament or SOFII going. Those are my favorites, I think. Ain't nothin' better than a rousing LAN game of Capture the Flag or Death Match.

cardero

Citizen Mod
GAMING TIP OF THE DAY

Allow yourself one cheat in the game if you are really, really, stuck and better yet, if you have the means tell a friend/spouse/mate what the gaming problem is and they will look the solution up on an internet walkthrough and be able to describe the solution in the form of a subtle hint that keeps your mind exercised putting the problem back into your solving abilities. Remember you only get one, so make sure that you have exhausted all possibilities first. Hopefully throughout your game you won’t need any hints or cheats.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I try not to use strategy guides and cheats but sometimes i just can't get around it....like pretty much any final fantasy game i've played. It's like you have to buy that strategy guide or you'll never find all the stuff you need to win.
On a personal note...Final Fantasy X is an excellent game, the best i think since F.F.VII. However the pourly thought out sequel, FF X-2 was horrible. I mean it's a good game but compared to the franchise is ****e! It should have been called Final Fantasy: the side quest, because that's all that it is!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I was never one for final fantasy. I did, however, love the wide variety of RPGs for the SNES. *Basks in Nostalgia* Where hast thou gone, oh noble God of RPGs? Why hath thou forsaken us?

Anyone else notice the lack of *good* RPGs nowadays?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I agree that the RPG genre has sorta become a monster no one can control but i think there are several good games out there in the genre to pick from which are very entertaining.
Most of the Final Fantasy series
Baldur's Gate
Champions Of Norrath
Fable
X-men Legends
The Bard's Tale

There are alot of RPGs out there but that doesn't meant here aren't good ones

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm a PS2 person (my X-box sucks... it freezes too much), though I like what I've played on Gamecube. My current game addiction is Silent Hill 4 - The Room.

I'd recommend playing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, both for PlayStation. Both are classics. And Devil May Cry is a dark (but fun) game. :)

My favorite game ever... probably FFVII. The first RPG I played, and it will always have a special place in my gaming heart. :D Kingdom Hearts was most excellent, though I was originally horrified by it. "Final Fantasy and Dinsey characters?!" They did a good job with it, though, and I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to get my hands on the sequel.

Speaking of FFVII, who's looking forward to Advent Children and the first person shooter featuring Vincent? (Can't remember the game title)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
(my X-box sucks... it freezes too much)
Do you have a Thompson drive? The first X-Box's were released with Thompson disc drives, but nowadays, they use Samsungs, which cause less freezes. You can exchange your current drive for a Samsung for about 20-30 bucks, I think. Micro$oft does it.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jensa said:
Speaking of FFVII, who's looking forward to Advent Children and the first person shooter featuring Vincent? (Can't remember the game title)
Are talking about that movie they are making? I've heard about it but i can never remember the title they were going to use. I'm fired up for it even if it will be in japanese.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
"Even if it will be in Japanese"? I wouldn't watch it otherwise! :D

Druidus: I'm not sure what I have for the disc drive... I got it about two years ago, so I'm guessing it has the old one.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I can't tear myself away from the Japanese voice actors. The English-speaking ones just aren't on par with them...

SoulTYPE

jewscout said:
I loved Castlevania:LOI, it was a great addition to the series.
I have most the CV's and don't know which one Dracula had swords flying around him. Frubals for loving my favorite series though:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
It wasn't dracula in this one...actually...come to think of it....dracula is no where to be found....supposedly this is before Dracula...whatever..it's still a sweet game!:jiggy: