• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Discussion: Why Do Some White Liberals Have Low Expectations of Black People?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
That is, do they just have lower expectations of certain people simply because of the colour of their skin? this video seems to show that yes, some white liberals actually do. The funny thing is is that in some political discussions here at RF these very same talking points have come up, enjoy!

suncowiam

That is, do they just have lower expectations of certain people simply because of the colour of their skin? this video seems to show that yes, some white liberals actually do. The funny thing is is that in some political discussions here at RF these very same talking points have come up, enjoy!

Try again:

Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.

There are real scenarios where folks in poverty cannot obtain a a proper ID. It is not due to race but due to income level. Personally, I find it deceiving when one correlates to race. It's really correlated to income level because that is the root cause. As your video demonstrated, there are black people that can easily obtain IDs.

Your video does show ignorance of those particular white liberals because they did not know the true reasoning. But at the same time, it was disingenuous as it did not present why liberals are against voting id requirements.

A middle ground would be conservatives and liberals agree to make it a completely free and easy process for all citizens to obtain IDs.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Try again:

Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.

There are real scenarios where folks in poverty cannot obtain a a proper ID. It is not due to race but due to income level. Personally, I find it deceiving when one correlates to race. It's really correlated to income level because that is the root cause. As your video demonstrated, there are black people that can easily obtain IDs.

Your video does show ignorance of those particular white liberals because they did not know the true reasoning. But at the same time, it was disingenuous as it did not present why liberals are against voting id requirements.

A middle ground would be conservatives and liberals agree to make it a completely free and easy process for all citizens to obtain IDs.
If it has ties to income, it has ties to race.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
We have long known that economic inequality results in social inequality, it is also just plain common sense. Pickup a book and read.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Racism is not limited to white liberals, by the way. But given your track record on discussions, I am not surprised.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Racism is not limited to white liberals, by the way. But given your track record on discussions, I am not surprised.
There's a difference between liberal & conservative racism.
The former is most holier than thou about it, & it is addressed
far far less often.
But is the OP's question really a question, or a rhetorical
device to criticize liberals as hypocrites?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
There's a difference between liberal & conservative racism.
The former is most holier than thou about it, & it is addressed
far far less often.
But is the OP's question really a question, or a rhetorical
device to criticize liberals as hypocrites?
Either way we are addressing generalizations. In order for generalizations to be accurate we need reliable, repeatable data. We have none here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Either way we are addressing generalizations. In order for generalizations to be accurate we need reliable, repeatable data. We have none here.
I don't see requests for extensive data regarding accusations of "white privilege".
They seem to arise only when challenging Americastanian modern liberal notions.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
So if it has ties to race, then do we simply assume a certain race produces high income and another race produces low income?

Is this what you're suggesting to do?
The information is already out there to answer that question. Racial inequality is something we actually know something about. I suggest you start looking things up instead of making things up.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

i thought of hispanics, latinos, when it mentioned id laws. strange

suncowiam

The information is already out there to answer that question. Racial inequality is something we actually know something about. I suggest you start looking things up instead of making things up.

Why are you so defensive?

What did I make up that you are so defiant about? That it's not about race?

Let's revisit the subject again about voting IDs because you are generalizing the whole subject. The video is clear that there is population of blacks that can easily obtain IDs, know where the DMV is, have access to the internet and believe that white liberals are ignorant for believing otherwise. So how do you resolve this if we simply base it on racial inequality? Tell me why those blacks are in disagreement with the whites that blacks have it worse in this scenario?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Why are you so defensive?

What did I make up that you are so defiant about? That it's not about race?

Let's revisit the subject again about voting IDs because you are generalizing the whole subject. The video is clear that there is population of blacks that can easily obtain IDs, know where the DMV is, have access to the internet and believe that white liberals are ignorant for believing otherwise. So how do you resolve this if we simply base it on racial inequality? Tell me why those blacks are in disagreement with the whites that blacks have it worse in this scenario?

LOL the video. . . . omg. Whatever you can do to stay ignorant, right?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The dirty little secret that people try to avoid on issues like this is that, in reality, there's very little difference between your typical conservative and liberal when it comes to a number of issues. How could there be? They're raised with the same ideas, same culture, same media, same educational institutions, same religion, same politics, same values (more or less).

This is one of the drawbacks of political correctness, in my opinion. The liberals shown in the video don't really know why they believe what they believe, because no one ever taught them. All they're taught is what they're supposed to say (or not supposed to say) in any given situation.