• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarians/Vegans: What Your Favorite "Burger?"

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you tried them all? What's your favorite? If you haven't, which looks most appealing?

386780417_740907104716210_1097377956066244066_n.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't tried any of the ones above. I've had Morningstar Farms regular veggie burger, Impossible, Beyond, and a few black bean burgers at restaurants.

I wouldn't object to trying all of them but I love falafel, so the Gardein falafel burger is the one that looks most enticing to me. Probably the Dr Praeger's mushroom risotto next.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm a bit intimidated by both "The Actual" burgers.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Alas, I have never had the opportunity to taste any of those.

However, there are a few varieties of veggie burger here in Brazil. They taste considerably unlike, and I have come to realize that while I like champignons fine, mushroom-based "veggie" burgers are not the ones I like best.

Generally speaking I prefer those based on soybeans or chickpeas. I do love falafel as well, and they are based on chickpeas.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I haven't tried any of the ones above. I've had Morningstar Farms regular veggie burger, Impossible, Beyond, and a few black bean burgers at restaurants.

I wouldn't object to trying all of them but I love falafel, so the Gardein falafel burger is the one that looks most enticing to me. Probably the Dr Praeger's mushroom risotto next.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm a bit intimidated by both "The Actual" burgers.
My wife makes bhaji burgers. Yummy.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I can't see us ever trying any of them. At home we make a variety ... buckwheat, black rice and black bean, and basically anything on a whim. I refuse to pay triple or quadruple the price for something we can easily make.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think we have a lot of those varieties, but I don't often shop much for burgers. If I'm going to buy imitation 'meat' at all, its usually something that I chop up(or that's already in small pieces) and add to another dish. Burgers as a meal are too pricy to do often. But, if we're going to, I guess the Morningstar Grillers Prime, because the taste is familiar, it blends well with vegetables(have to have them on a sandwich), and Yudhi will eat them(he doesn't like much).

I can't see us ever trying any of them. At home we make a variety ... buckwheat, black rice and black bean, and basically anything on a whim. I refuse to pay triple or quadruple the price for something we can easily make.
Easily? Do tell.

I've tried a few different 'patty' recipes, but they never are easy, or they're fried(I try to keep fry to a minimum).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't think we have a lot of those varieties, but I don't often shop much for burgers. If I'm going to buy imitation 'meat' at all, its usually something that I chop up(or that's already in small pieces) and add to another dish. Burgers as a meal are too pricy to do often. But, if we're going to, I guess the Morningstar Grillers Prime, because the taste is familiar, it blends well with vegetables(have to have them on a sandwich), and Yudhi will eat them(he doesn't like much).

Easily? Do tell.

I've tried a few different 'patty' recipes, but they never are easy, or they're fried(I try to keep fry to a minimum).
We use Elmer's carpenter glue to hold it all together. Boss is trying her best to kill me.

Actually, there are a couple of key ingredients for that, one being besan flour, another being any glutinous rice or glutinous rice flour. That sticky stuff will hold anything together. We make the patties by hand, but there is a lot of pushing and squeezing to get it right. It's not all that common here, as there are many other 'go to' meals here. It's always broiled in the oven, never fried.

Experiment, experiment experiment ... if it crumbles, it's still totally edible.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We use Elmer's carpenter glue to hold it all together. Boss is trying her best to kill me.

Actually, there are a couple of key ingredients for that, one being besan flour, another being any glutinous rice or glutinous rice flour. That sticky stuff will hold anything together. We make the patties by hand, but there is a lot of pushing and squeezing to get it right. It's not all that common here, as there are many other 'go to' meals here. It's always broiled in the oven, never fried.

Experiment, experiment experiment ... if it crumbles, it's still totally edible.
Do you think Elmer's school glue will work? It's all I have on hand.

Do you have to roast the besan first?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do you think Elmer's school glue will work? It's all I have on hand.

Do you have to roast the besan first?
Nope ... only the carpenter glue. She's tried every glue under the midday sun. Like I said, experiment, experiment experiment. The besan needs to be turned into the consistency of past or watery. You can also bake that into a Tofu like substance in a baking pan.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Easily? Do tell.

I don't do veggie burgers but i do make meat burgers. Minced meat of choice (so perhaps fine chopped veggies), crumbed bread, a diced onion and an egg to bind it all.

I don't fry but put the patties on a tray and cook in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes. Saves collapsing in the frying pan.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't do veggie burgers but i do make meat burgers. Minced meat of choice (so perhaps fine chopped veggies), crumbed bread, a diced onion and an egg to bind it all.

I don't fry but put the patties on a tray and cook in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes. Saves collapsing in the frying pan.
They have some meat replacement now that you can treat like ground beef(super expensive, though). I mixed breadcrumbs, eggs, and cassava into it and made patties. That was really good!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

That's how we cook a lot of stuff, especially any 'burger'.