• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarians/Vegans: What Your Favorite "Burger?"

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Burger King's plant based whopper is absolutely smashing, imo.
Truth be told, even though I’m a huge carnivore, I’m beyond curious to try those.

I actually kind of prefer Hungry Jack’s/Burger King burgers to Mickey D’s, so maybe I’d love it.
I think our local McDonalds are selling plant based burgers now. If they are, I could compare and contrast lol

Given the rise of veggie/vegan alternatives lately I’m honestly curious to see how many outlets will follow suit. Like I could imagine our local KFC offering plant based chicken burgers and wraps and things. Very weird to think about but eh I could see it working. Well maybe for a while lol

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Truth be told, even though I’m a huge carnivore, I’m beyond curious to try those.

I actually kind of prefer Hungry Jack’s/Burger King burgers to Mickey D’s, so maybe I’d love it.
I think our local McDonalds are selling plant based burgers now. If they are, I could compare and contrast lol

Given the rise of veggie/vegan alternatives lately I’m honestly curious to see how many outlets will follow suit. Like I could imagine our local KFC offering plant based chicken burgers and wraps and things. Very weird to think about but eh I could see it working. Well maybe for a while lol
KFC do:

"If you’re looking for finger lickin’ flavour without the chicken, you’re in the right place. Coated in our famous 11 herbs and spices, our Original Recipe Vegan Burger will definitely satisfy your plant-based cravings. It’s got the Colonel's stamp of approval and PETA’s too - crowning it the best vegan chicken burger out there."

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

KFC had Impossible chicken nuggets for a time, but they've since removed them from their menu. They're still available in the freezer section at Walmart here.

McDonald's tested a "McPlant" burger that IIRC had a Beyond Burger patty in certain markets (mostly in Europe), but I've never seen it come to this area.

But in my experience, Impossible (Burger King/Hungry Jack's product) is by far a better product than Beyond. When browning the product (I like to make vegetarian dirty rice and have this Mexican concoction I make with Impossible beef, rice, taco seasoning, and red chili pepper), it browns more naturally and doesn't have an aftertaste like Beyond does.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
KFC do:

"If you’re looking for finger lickin’ flavour without the chicken, you’re in the right place. Coated in our famous 11 herbs and spices, our Original Recipe Vegan Burger will definitely satisfy your plant-based cravings. It’s got the Colonel's stamp of approval and PETA’s too - crowning it the best vegan chicken burger out there."
Only on your side of the pond. The only think they offered here was "chicken" nuggets, which made a brief appearance in 2019.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
KFC do:

It’s not really a thing where I live
Yet

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
KFC had Impossible chicken nuggets for a time, but they've since removed them from their menu. They're still available in the freezer section at Walmart here.

McDonald's tested a "McPlant" burger that IIRC had a Beyond Burger patty in certain markets (mostly in Europe), but I've never seen it come to this area.

But in my experience, Impossible (Burger King/Hungry Jack's product) is by far a better product than Beyond. When browning the product (I like to make vegetarian dirty rice and have this Mexican concoction I make with Impossible beef, rice, taco seasoning, and red chili pepper), it browns more naturally and doesn't have an aftertaste like Beyond does.
Interesting
And yeah now I remember the McPlant lol
It was introduced in a different state to me so I never got to try it
Only lasted a few months
Didn’t know that about BK/HJs

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Texas seems to me a silly place to test a plant based product given their reputation for a cattle ranches, but what do I know?
Madness. Some friends were in a cafe in Texas and asked the waitress what she recommended for vegans. She recommended they leave Texas.

Plant based burgers being offered in Texas? Surely that's a certain candidate for a culture-wars-outrage-boycott-protest? Such culinary abominations are likely to turn our children gay, or Marxist or atheist..... {shudders}....

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Plant based burgers being offered in Texas? Surely that's a certain candidate for a culture-wars-outrage-boycott-protest?
Now that I consider it, wouldn't testing them there in hopes of sparking a protest/boycott that made national news be an ingenious marketing campaign?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've tried these before. They were good but they were more like a fancy hash brown than a burger.
_DSC0437-001.JPG

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't do veggie burgers but i do make meat burgers. Minced meat of choice (so perhaps fine chopped veggies), crumbed bread, a diced onion and an egg to bind it all.
Wouldn't that be more like a meatloaf patty than a burger (not that there's anything wrong with that)?