• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vatican Blasts Trans Surgery, Surogacy, Etc

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes that is exactly what it is saying
No it's not. It's saying more are presenting to clinicians. The two are not the same. If you actually understood science and knew how to interpret data for yourself you would know this.
What you are saying is no different than a bell ringing at 12 oclock makes a bus show up or tjat ice cream makes people drown.
Yes, it really is comparable. I'm not sure if you'll understand how, but I know many here will.
We don't really know why but do know that if left, most of those children will decide that they are not trans afterall.
This why it's so obvious you have been fed this information. We know most of them won't transition, especially medically, because that's how it's went for a long time since the Standards of Care were developed. It's been known for a long time that even among those who take medical steps not many will get genit surgery.
Amd we know it's because nature isn't black and white, either or. No we can't point to a specific set if genes, but we do know treatment works best when it's suited ti meet the patient's needs. Turns out that's actually the free for all of sex changes going on the RW tries to present it as.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Church is possibly the most evil organisation that has ever existed. We have every right to expect the people pretending they are reps of an all loving God to not be evil.
Lol, okay. If you were ever down and out, homeless and needed help, you wouldn't be saying that. Where's the atheist, humanist and antitheist charities helping destitute people? That's right, they don't exist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lol, okay. If you were ever down and out, homeless and needed help, you wouldn't be saying that. Where's the atheist, humanist and antitheist charities helping destitute people? That's right, they don't exist.
Absurd.
I'll wager that I do far more for them than you do.
And I'm a life long fire breathing denier of sky fairies.

libre

Skylark
Where's the atheist, humanist and antitheist charities helping destitute people? That's right, they don't exist.
Non-religious charities definitely do exist.
It wouldn't make sense for them to make atheism a part of their brand, because unlike many religious charities marketing a worldview isn't part of their mission.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Absurd.
I'll wager that I do far more for them than you do.
And I'm a life long fire breathing denier of sky fairies.
Being that I'm ****ing unemployed, totally broke and about to lose my housing, I'm sure your wealthy retired self certainly does do more for charity. Wanna throw some charity my way? :rolleyes:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Hey, I'm Catholic and I'm like a professional volunteer. I do anything and everything. And now that I think about it, it's all for Christian charities, not all of them Catholic but all of them are Christ based. In fact, I am racking my brain trying to think of non religious charities and can't think of any. Not locally, anyway.

I agree with the Church on this one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Being that I'm ****ing unemployed, totally broke and about to lose my housing, I'm sure your wealthy retired self certainly does do more for charity. Wanna throw some charity my way? :rolleyes:
Cadging for charity without extending
it to others doesn't inspire. Neither
does hostile prejudice against atheists.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Cadging for charity without extending
it to others doesn't inspire. Neither
does hostile prejudice against atheists.
I'm out of this nasty thread. I don't even know why I logged in. Sick of people not bothering to understand what I'm saying and twisting things. "Hostile prejudice against atheists", my ***. That's a lie. I have enough stress in my life. Bye.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, I'm Catholic and I'm like a professional volunteer. I do anything and everything. And now that I think about it, it's all for Christian charities, not all of them Catholic but all of them are Christ based. In fact, I am racking my brain trying to think of non religious charities and can't think of any. Not locally, anyway.

You're involved with that crowd, so it's what you see.
Outside of that small circle, secular charity abounds.

It reminds me that our Christian leaders send
bombs to Israel to drop on Palestinians.
Israel then murders World Central Kitchen
(a secular charity we support) workers
delivering food to those being shot, bombed,
& starved by God's Chosen People & disciples
of Jesus.

So I'm unimpressed with claims that religion
is all that big on charity...when they're causing
the need for it, & actually inhibiting it.
Another secular charity we support is Planned
Parenthood, which is fought tooth & nail by
fundies.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm out of this nasty thread. I don't even know why I logged in.
Because you can't resist my charms & wisdom.
Sick of people not bothering to understand what I'm saying and twisting things. "Hostile prejudice against atheists", my ***. That's a lie. I have enough stress in my life. Bye.
Instead of accusing me of dishonesty,
try some self examination.
Read your own posts that seethe with
hostility. One reaps what one sows.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Because you can't resist my charms & wisdom.

Instead of accusing me of dishonesty,
try some self examination.
Read your own posts that seethe with
hostility. One reaps what one sows.
I understand the deal here. This is a thread reserved for bashing Catholics and Christians only. I mean, I was replying to a post calling the Catholic Church the "most evil organization in history" or some such and you have nothing to say about that, but you want to jump on me for wondering where all the atheist charity is. How boldly hypocritical. Go ahead and have your (anti-Catholic) hatefest. Just stop twisting what I said.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I understand the deal here. This is a thread reserved for bashing Catholics and Christians only.
The church deserves severe criticism for attempts to
excise many rights of others. This thread is about that.
You expected otherwise?
I mean, I was replying to a post calling the Catholic Church the "most evil organization in history" or some such and you have nothing to say about that....
I largely agree with it.
....but you want to jump on me for wondering where all the atheist charity is.
You did more than just wonder about it.
I responded to your post's hostile prejudice.
How boldly hypocritical.
Remove the plank from thine own eye.
Go ahead and have your (anti-Catholic) hatefest. Just stop twisting what I said.
I advise you to stop twisting what
you yourself posted, & now try to
walk back.

Heyo

Veteran Member

There are definitely more Christian charities than secular, and they are usually bigger. They have good PR and rake in the dough. They know how to get money. Unfortunately, they are very bad with handling money. In charity ratings, they are ranked constantly low for their "overhead", i.e. often only a fraction of the donations land at the point they were destined for.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
There are definitely more Christian charities than secular, and they are usually bigger. They have good PR and rake in the dough. They know how to get money. Unfortunately, they are very bad with handling money. In charity ratings, they are ranked constantly low for their "overhead", i.e. often only a fraction of the donations land at the point they were destined for.
Please post sources - thanks.

On Charity Navigator (the largest entity that evaluates charities), the charities I support are rated 4 out of 4. Several are Catholic and several non denominational but all are Christ based.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Why aren't people reading the article mentioned in OP?

He called for the campaign to ban the practice not to remain in the sphere of the Catholic Church or even faith-based groups, but to transcend traditional ideological and political boundaries.
"We shouldn’t close ourselves among those who think exactly the same way,” he said. “Rather, we should open up to pragmatic alliances to realize a common goal.” - Maurel
Pope Francis in January called for an outright global ban on the practice, calling it a despicable violation of human dignity that exploits the surrogate mother’s financial need.

I have a hard time believing anyone who says this is not a concern for non-Catholics. They are openly trying to change law globally. The pope made it our business. Opposing such is not anti-Catholicism.

Last edited: