• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Various religious views on evolution

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Why are you complaining to me about it? You're the one who started it by claiming that there MUST be some intelligent entity controlling things.
Who's complaining to you? Not me. I'm saying it like it is. Meantime, there must be an intelligent entity which is behind, or the force behind, the laws of existence. That is my thought, obviously not yours. Without saying too much, I bid you bye for now. :)

Tiberius

Who's complaining to you? Not me. I'm saying it like it is. Meantime, there must be an intelligent entity which is behind, or the force behind, the laws of existence. That is my thought, obviously not yours. Without saying too much, I bid you bye for now. :)

Argument from incredulity.

Buh bye now.

Truth in love

Yes, and that is what I see the more I investigate the conclusions or conjectures of the scientists and claimants here who promote evolution as how it all came about. Since NO ONE can currently figure it out, there are certainly deep dark holes in the theory. I mean really deep. Because no matter what anyone wants to promote, there is NO PROOF. Period. The fossil or dating data is not proof of evolution. Just as I have been explaining to someone who keeps calling me stupid (in essence), as if he knows and I'm dumb, because again -- the suggestion is that somehow mankind evolved to a different level of consciousness than, uh, shall we say, gorillas and bonobos. I'm silently laughing within but it's ridiculous and sad for various reasons. Even though I understand the theory. By that I mean I can guess how someone would come up with that theory. I used to believe it, I longer do.

Yea so I draw a big line between mice evolution (like dog breeding) which we can and do engage in and can repeat the test and macro which while in theory could happen we have an utter fail of actually showing that it did. The realities of genetic disorders, like being hard, species not be close enough resulting in sterile offspring etc. all limit such from happening, yet we are ordered to accept it even though there is minimal evidence for it (foxes and wolves being a lot of like being about it).

Somewhere when the label of science is applied we are told we are bad stupid and dumb for asking questions. this is often done by the same people who insist that they have proven that there is not God.

I found a pretty good run down of this

YoursTrue

@Tiberius I have examined as much as possible your ideas and found them greatly wanting. I'm not going to argue every idea with you and yours -- meantime, schools are filled with those going for degrees in science and the world is going downhill in many ways. Also pushed along by scientists.

Tiberius

@Tiberius I have examined as much as possible your ideas and found them greatly wanting. I'm not going to argue every idea with you and yours -- meantime, schools are filled with those going for degrees in science and the world is going downhill in many ways. Also pushed along by scientists.

Aw, you only say that because I don't settle for the same fallacious arguments that you do.

YoursTrue

Yea so I draw a big line between mice evolution (like dog breeding) which we can and do engage in and can repeat the test and macro which while in theory could happen we have an utter fail of actually showing that it did. The realities of genetic disorders, like being hard, species not be close enough resulting in sterile offspring etc. all limit such from happening, yet we are ordered to accept it even though there is minimal evidence for it (foxes and wolves being a lot of like being about it).

Somewhere when the label of science is applied we are told we are bad stupid and dumb for asking questions. this is often done by the same people who insist that they have proven that there is not God.

I found a pretty good run down of this

Yes. I have seen many answers from those who argue pro-evolution as if there are no laws created by God but that it all happened by itself. I have looked at them and used to believe them. I'm keeping it short because -- only God brought me to God. As the apostle Paul would proclaim and also called a madman by some because they didn't see what he saw. More, perhaps, later, thanks for your response.

Tiberius

:) (lol) (You have actually provided no arguments, lol...)

First of all, my statement that I refuse to be tricked by the same fallacious arguments you have apparently fallen for does not require that I have presented my own arguments.

Secondly, I have presented arguments for evolution. Please go and refresh yourself with posts 151 and 155 again.

Thirdly, this thread was not started to provide scientific arguments in favour of evolution. It was started to discuss the views various religions have regarding evolution. I would have thought you would have realised that, since you were, y'know, the one who started the thread in the first place!

YoursTrue

First of all, my statement that I refuse to be tricked by the same fallacious arguments you have apparently fallen for does not require that I have presented my own arguments.

Secondly, I have presented arguments for evolution. Please go and refresh yourself with posts 151 and 155 again.

Thirdly, this thread was not started to provide scientific arguments in favour of evolution. It was started to discuss the views various religions have regarding evolution. I would have thought you would have realised that, since you were, y'know, the one who started the thread in the first place!
lol, that's ok. Anyway, yes, the thread is about various religious views of evolution. I am watching a documentary about Patagonia, a fascinating account of that part of the world. And the statement was made that bugs may be the foundation for all the life in that region. Fascinating. Question is: did bugs and birds come about at the same time, evolutionary style? What came first? Bugs or birds?

YoursTrue

Aw, you only say that because I don't settle for the same fallacious arguments that you do.
why? You don't think there will be vast and deleterious changes because of the effect of global warming? I remember a while back a big deal was made about methane gas coming from all the cows, ruining the atmosphere. Did that stop people from eating hamburgers and steaks? Anyway, I like chicken better, I have a feeling they have their own problems.

YoursTrue

Not much. Now is now, how we got here is largely irrelevant.
I believe what the Bible says about creation. God created living beings. What about your faith, what does it say if it has a position on this? ANYTHING?

Tiberius

lol, that's ok. Anyway, yes, the thread is about various religious views of evolution. I am watching a documentary about Patagonia, a fascinating account of that part of the world. And the statement was made that bugs may be the foundation for all the life in that region. Fascinating. Question is: did bugs and birds come about at the same time, evolutionary style? What came first? Bugs or birds?

If by bugs you mean small insects, then bugs evolved much earlier than birds did.

However, it's hard to tell exactly what the program meant since I have no context for their statement.

Tiberius

why? You don't think there will be vast and deleterious changes because of the effect of global warming? I remember a while back a big deal was made about methane gas coming from all the cows, ruining the atmosphere. Did that stop people from eating hamburgers and steaks? Anyway, I like chicken better, I have a feeling they have their own problems.

What in the world are you talking about?

Yours True said, "I have examined as much as possible your ideas and found them greatly wanting. I'm not going to argue every idea with you and yours."

Tiberius said, "Aw, you only say that because I don't settle for the same fallacious arguments that you do."

Yours True said, "why? You don't think there will be vast and deleterious changes because of the effect of global warming? I remember a while back a big deal was made about methane gas coming from all the cows, ruining the atmosphere. Did that stop people from eating hamburgers and steaks? Anyway, I like chicken better, I have a feeling they have their own problems."

What in the world does climate change and the devastation to the environment it is causing have to do with your rejection of evolution?

YoursTrue

If by bugs you mean small insects, then bugs evolved much earlier than birds did.

However, it's hard to tell exactly what the program meant since I have no context for their statement.
OK, thanks for that. :)
The program is an interesting account of that region, the ecosystems. It just brought out that beavers were introduced to that area by fur traders and they have multiplied so much they are destroying the trees that the native species need to rely upon. First though it talked about bugs, an explorer who loves examining these things, yes, he said they are gorgeous and frankly I'm not a lover of bugs but they are (1) necessary and (2) can be beautiful. I like cats better.

Tiberius

OK, thanks for that. :)
The program is an interesting account of that region, the ecosystems. It just brought out that beavers were introduced to that area by fur traders and they have multiplied so much they are destroying the trees that the native species need to rely upon. First though it talked about bugs, an explorer who loves examining these things, yes, he said they are gorgeous and frankly I'm not a lover of bugs but they are (1) necessary and (2) can be beautiful. I like cats better.

It could have been saying that insects are the base of the food chain. Like I said, without seeing the context, it's hard to say.

YoursTrue

Yours True said, "I have examined as much as possible your ideas and found them greatly wanting. I'm not going to argue every idea with you and yours."

Tiberius said, "Aw, you only say that because I don't settle for the same fallacious arguments that you do."

Yours True said, "why? You don't think there will be vast and deleterious changes because of the effect of global warming? I remember a while back a big deal was made about methane gas coming from all the cows, ruining the atmosphere. Did that stop people from eating hamburgers and steaks? Anyway, I like chicken better, I have a feeling they have their own problems."

What in the world does climate change and the devastation to the environment it is causing have to do with your rejection of evolution?
Mankind is ruining the atmosphere and the earth because of its selfishness. Now if you think that is evolution, so be it. I call it selfishness and greed. Oh, yes, I'm linking this to "science," such as gasoline fuels and lots of hamburgers.

YoursTrue

It could have been saying that insects are the base of the food chain. Like I said, without seeing the context, it's hard to say.
I think that's what they meant because there are lots birds and other insect eaters I guess.

YoursTrue

Oh, and I'm listening to some classical music, string quartet. It's ok. I like it, -- but -- did gorillas and chimpanzees invent violins and write music?