• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccinations and Religious Exemptions

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, you have clarified "24 weeks".

The point is that you have not shown any evidence that this is being violated. You have not shown that "abortions are performed past the 24th week that are not for reasons of health".

I think there is generally accepted agreement on what is meant by "health". However, if women are getting abortions because "the mother has a cold or anxiety", then I would certainly agree that the word needs better definition and clarification.

So, do you have evidence that late-term abortions are
being performed for health reasons when the only health reason is that "the mother has a cold or anxiety"?
Are you saying that you don't believe such things are going on? Despite the testimonies of women who come forward to say that they did this? Despite the testimonies of nurses?

And what do you have to say about the doctors who routinely killed living babies who survive abortions? I have yet to see any response from you or anyone else on this thread about this.

"According to a study by the British Pregnancy Advisory Service, none of the women they surveyed who were seeking late-term abortion were doing so due to a medical issue. None of the women were aborting due to a health risk to themselves or due to a prenatal diagnosis of their preborn child. Each of the women was seeking an abortion after 20 weeks gestation because she simply did not want to have a baby."Women admit to late-term abortion because they didn't know they were pregnant

https://www.bpas.org/media/2027/late-abortion-report-v02.pdf

I don't know about you, but in my book, "Not knowing I was pregnant," is NOT a justification for having an abortion after 22 weeks. That's just an abortion for convenience when the fetus is viable and now has certain rights to be weighed alongside the woman's rights.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

OK. Let's not leave it to my imagination (or to yours). Provide evidence that it has happened.
Given that women WANT abortions after 24 weeks, and that providers exist who believe in the ideal that abortion should be available on demand right up until delivery, we simply have to appeal to known human nature to know that there will be those who will fabricate health reasons in order to give these women abortions for non health reasons. No need to provide statistics.

Are you one of those who believe that pro-choice people are so morally above board that they will never cheat?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Are you saying that you don't believe such things are going on? Despite the testimonies of women who come forward to say that they did this? Despite the testimonies of nurses?

And what do you have to say about the doctors who routinely killed living babies who survive abortions? I have yet to see any response from you or anyone else on this thread about this.

"According to a study by the British Pregnancy Advisory Service, none of the women they surveyed who were seeking late-term abortion were doing so due to a medical issue. None of the women were aborting due to a health risk to themselves or due to a prenatal diagnosis of their preborn child. Each of the women was seeking an abortion after 20 weeks gestation because she simply did not want to have a baby."Women admit to late-term abortion because they didn't know they were pregnant

https://www.bpas.org/media/2027/late-abortion-report-v02.pdf

I don't know about you, but in my book, "Not knowing I was pregnant," is NOT a justification for having an abortion after 22 weeks. That's just an abortion for convenience when the fetus is viable and now has certain rights to be weighed alongside the woman's rights.
It is interesting to watch: This propaganda. Did any of the women in the study have a third trimester abortion? Did any even have an abortion past 24 weeks?

Have you ever considered that you don't actually have evidence and you are merely believing what you want?

IndigoChild5559

It is interesting to watch: This propaganda. Did any of the women in the study have a third trimester abortion? Did any even have an abortion past 24 weeks?
When I say "testimonies" I'm talking about the stories given by actual women who had third trimester abortions. It's not like the pro-life movement has to make these things up. It is a fact that many women regret their abortions and have difficulty with what they have done afterwards, and resent those who coaxed them into it. Some get involved with pro-life activities later. None of this should surprise anyone who actually listens to women who have gone through these sorts of things.

But not everyone listens. Some are only interested in right fighting.

Curious George

Veteran Member
When I say "testimonies" I'm talking about the stories given by actual women who had third trimester abortions. It's not like the pro-life movement has to make these things up. It is a fact that many women regret their abortions and have difficulty with what they have done afterwards, and resent those who coaxed them into it. Some get involved with pro-life activities later. None of this should surprise anyone who actually listens to women who have gone through these sorts of things.

But not everyone listens. Some are only interested in right fighting.
I am just noting that none of the women in your source are identified as having third trimester abortions.

22 week is not third trimester.

IndigoChild5559

No, but can you overlook your years of bias?
It depends on what you mean by bias. I'm pretty good at being suspicious of myself, and I'm also remarkably good at hearing the views of the other side. It doesn't mean I don't have a bias, but I think I have done a good job minimizing it. Have you yours?

IndigoChild5559

Does that work for those in opposition to your position, or just for you?
Everyone collects facts.

Some people are better at sifting out what actually is a real fact, and what is just a rumor or urban legend. Since I have personally talked with women who greatly regret their abortions, I am very confident that other personal accounts I read online that are similar are also true, for example. I also tend to trust studies that are published in peer review journals, so for example I have great confidence that the main reason women want abortions after the 24th week is because they didn't know they were pregnant earlier.

I'm not a perfect individual. I make mistakes. I've changed my mind on issues before. But I think I do pretty well, all in all, at weighing issues and discerning facts. Not everyone can say the same.

IndigoChild5559

How is this honoring Roe v Wade? Killing live babies who survive abortions?

WASHINGTON — The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act has failed to achieve the 60 votes necessary to invoke the ending of debate and bring the legislation forward. The Senate voted 53 to 44 to invoke closing debate on Monday, but fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to halt a filibuster by Democratic senators.
The act would have penalized doctors, other medical professionals who do not provide medical care to infants born alive following a botched abortion.
Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Bill Fails to Beat Senate Filibuster

Curious George

Veteran Member
It depends on what you mean by bias. I'm pretty good at being suspicious of myself, and I'm also remarkably good at hearing the views of the other side. It doesn't mean I don't have a bias, but I think I have done a good job minimizing it. Have you yours?
Yes, I have, incidentally. But please tell me what I am saying and questioning so we can test this ability of yours.

IndigoChild5559

Yes, I have, incidentally. But please tell me what I am saying and questioning so we can test this ability of yours.
You (or at least another with your views) have been implying that my bias makes me unable to discern facts from propaganda. Forgive me if the posts I get tend to run together--it's 1 AM and I'm not able to pay THAT close of attention.

tas8831

which of the two clauses do you doubt? that there are women who want elective abortions after 24 weeks, or that there are providers who believe they should be given them?
Both.

"Given that women WANT abortions after 24 weeks, and that providers exist who believe in the ideal that abortion should be available on demand right up until delivery"

You make it sound so cavalier.

But I can't wait until anti-abortion kooks start doing their big protests where they block access to clinics like they used to - those laws allowing people to drive into such folks will come in handy.

tas8831

Everyone collects facts.

Some people are better at sifting out what actually is a real fact, and what is just a rumor or urban legend. Since I have personally talked with women who greatly regret their abortions, I am very confident that other personal accounts I read online that are similar are also true, for example. I also tend to trust studies that are published in peer review journals, so for example I have great confidence that the main reason women want abortions after the 24th week is because they didn't know they were pregnant earlier.

I'm not a perfect individual. I make mistakes. I've changed my mind on issues before. But I think I do pretty well, all in all, at weighing issues and discerning facts. Not everyone can say the same.

So, just for you then.