• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccinated

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Update: 2nd Pfizer COVID vaccine dose received today! So far my arm actually hurts less than the first one. No other symptoms yet, though it was just earlier today so any side effects may not appear till overnight.

So glad to have this protection for myself! Hope the rest of you who want it all get it soon. :blueheart:

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Curious story. A month ago, I ran across an old friend of mine who in the time since we last met has taken to listening to nutcase podcasts. She told me she will refuse to get vaccinated because "vaccines don't work", and she had seen the proof of that fact herself, because she knew people who had in past years been vaccinated for the flu, but had still gotten the flu.

I was heartbroken she is putting her health and perhaps her life at risk, and the health and lives of those around her at risk because she was not taught in school (or perhaps forgot) how vaccines work. Hence, the lies she's been hearing have had an impact they should never have had.

I've had a few discussions with anti-vaxers, and most of them don't understand the basic science of vaccines. Even worse, they don't want to listen when you try to explain it.

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I had my Pfizer jab last week, but I'm not so sure I should have had it, given the mess we seem to be in here in the UK - as to when the second one will be done, if at all, given the debate about three weeks, six weeks, 12 weeks, and supply difficulties. :oops:

Not much I can do about it but carry on as normal - but at least they were quite efficient at the hospital with no queuing and quickly done. :clapping:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've had a few discussions with anti-vaxers, and most of them don't understand the basic science of vaccines. Even worse, they don't want to listen when you try to explain it.

Exactly the same for me. Never come across an anti-vaxxer yet, that was not the case.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I am not antivax but I dont know how vaccines work...would you mind sending me some reliable sources to look at out of curiosity?I am just curious is all.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I took a different route. I got "Covid Lite". Sort of like our soon to be missed orange one. I had a rather high fever and severe body aches. I thought that I had a case of the flu, even though I did get a flu shot. After a few days I felt better. Went back to work and said I had been ill. I was given the quick Covid test and it came back positive. Went back home for quarantine.

I am still planning on getting the vaccine when it is available.

When I was in the waiting area after getting my vaccine today, a nurse mentioned that if you had had Covid, you should wait 90 days before getting the vaccine to avoid an immune reaction that makes you feel like you have Covid again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When I was in the waiting area after getting my vaccine today, a nurse mentioned that if you had had Covid, you should wait 90 days before getting the vaccine to avoid an immune reaction that makes you feel like you have Covid again.
I can wait. I heard something on the same order. At least I know that I should have residual protection for at least that long. By the time I am ready the supplies of the vaccine should be available. Dec. 1 2020, an easy date to remember.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't know when I'll be able to get mine.
I was hoping sooner rather than later but it looks like things are up in the air here.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Got dose #1 of the vaccine. No problems at all. Didn't even hurt. I was expecting a big spike to be stuck in my arm, but it wasn't bad at all.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Anecdotally, I am hearing from coworkers that there is much more prevalence of side effects (ie feeling like crap) following the Moderna vaccine as opposed to Pfizer.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I got part 2 of the vaccine completed today. Didn't hurt at first, but now my arm is a bit sore.