• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccinated

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've officially received my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine through my workplace. I'll get my second dose in 3 weeks, I'm told. :)

That's great! One less RFer to worry about. Though, come to think of it, you -- you I worry about even when there's NOT a pandemic raging, you miscreant!

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Hearty congrats to you @Left Coast

It would seem you may be the first RF'er - at least whom we know of - to actually get your initial dose of inoculation against covid-19!!! That's quite a 'first' if so. You lucky b....;) (I'm kidding! This is the most auspicious way to begin 2021).

Only, don't be going wild at the drunken raves just yet, until you get's that second dose to make you fully vaxxed and good to go partying it up :p

tenor.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Congratulations. I'm in the next group in CA being 75 years old but I have no idea when that will be. My wife, the youngster, can't get it since she's just 74 and will have to wait.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hearty congrats to you @Left Coast

It would seem you may be the first RF'er - at least whom we know of - to actually get your initial dose of inoculation against covid-19!!! That's quite a 'first' if so. You lucky b....;)

VOUTHON! :eek: Language, sir! Scots, can't take you people anywhere in polite society.

, don't be going wild at the drunken raves just yet, until you get's that second dose to make you fully vaxxed and good to go partying it up :p

tenor.gif

Right right. Hopefully by the time I visit Scotland some day we're both fully vaxxed and can partaaaaay! :D:p

1452032727_tumblr_nloodlMTiI1rx0kvro1_400.gif

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That's great! One less RFer to worry about. Though, come to think of it, you -- you I worry about even when there's NOT a pandemic raging, you miscreant!

Thank you Sunstone, that's sweet!

*Googles "miscreant"*

...HEY! :mad:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Even at 64, in Colorado, I'm pretty far down the list. But I'm not worried. Last week, I self-vaccinated by injecting my arm with bleach.

By the way, is it normal for vaccinated arms not to function for a few days?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Even at 64, in Colorado, I'm pretty far down the list. But I'm not worried. Last week, I self-vaccinated by injecting my arm with bleach.

By the way, is it normal for vaccinated arms not to function for a few days?

I heard function comes back if you inject some more. :thumbsup:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've officially received my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine through my workplace. I'll get my second dose in 3 weeks, I'm told. :)

How does it work with two doses? Does it mean one is still susceptible to the virus after the first dose but before the second dose? What happens if one catches the virus between doses?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
How does it work with two doses? Does it mean one is still susceptible to the virus after the first dose but before the second dose? What happens if one catches the virus between doses?

My understanding is you don't reach the full efficacy until you get the second dose. So the one dose is better than nothing, but not what's intended. If you get COVID...you get COVID. :shrug: I haven't heard that the vaccine necessarily reduces your symptoms if you do get it (similar to getting the flu even though you got a flu shot). It just reduces your chances of getting it in the first place.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I haven't heard that the vaccine necessarily reduces your symptoms if you do get it (similar to getting the flu even though you got a flu shot). It just reduces your chances of getting it in the first place.

Curious story. A month ago, I ran across an old friend of mine who in the time since we last met has taken to listening to nutcase podcasts. She told me she will refuse to get vaccinated because "vaccines don't work", and she had seen the proof of that fact herself, because she knew people who had in past years been vaccinated for the flu, but had still gotten the flu.

I was heartbroken she is putting her health and perhaps her life at risk, and the health and lives of those around her at risk because she was not taught in school (or perhaps forgot) how vaccines work. Hence, the lies she's been hearing have had an impact they should never have had.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Curious story. A month ago, I ran across an old friend of mine who in the time since we last met has taken to listening to nutcase podcasts. She told me she will refuse to get vaccinated because "vaccines don't work", and she had seen the proof of that fact herself, because she knew people who had in past years been vaccinated for the flu, but had still gotten the flu.

I was heartbroken she is putting her health and perhaps her life at risk, and the health and lives of those around her at risk because she was not taught in school (or perhaps forgot) how vaccines work. Hence, the lies she's been hearing have had an impact they should never have had.

How sad. I truly hope her mind is changed, soon. :greenheart:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I took a different route. I got "Covid Lite". Sort of like our soon to be missed orange one. I had a rather high fever and severe body aches. I thought that I had a case of the flu, even though I did get a flu shot. After a few days I felt better. Went back to work and said I had been ill. I was given the quick Covid test and it came back positive. Went back home for quarantine.

I am still planning on getting the vaccine when it is available.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Note: I hope everybody reading this thread realizes that all these references to ingesting and/or injecting bleach are meant to be funny, and are not to be taken as serious medical advice.

!!PLEASE DO NOT INJECT AND/OR INGEST BLEACH!!

IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUMS POSTHUMOUSLY
.​

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I took a different route. I got "Covid Lite". Sort of like our soon to be missed orange one. I had a rather high fever and severe body aches. I thought that I had a case of the flu, even though I did get a flu shot. After a few days I felt better. Went back to work and said I had been ill. I was given the quick Covid test and it came back positive. Went back home for quarantine.

I am still planning on getting the vaccine when it is available.
I had myself tested yesterday because of the symptoms I'm having, including chest pains, mild fever, and wet, sloppy coughs and hacks, and a stuffy head. Also headache, body aches, fatigue, mental fog, and gi issues, but I normally have those. So it sucks just not knowing this time around and not being able to dismiss this like I normally could.
And this waiting for my results sucks.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had myself tested yesterday because of the symptoms I'm having, including chest pains, mild fever, and wet, sloppy coughs and hacks, and a stuffy head. Also headache, body aches, fatigue, mental fog, and gi issues, but I normally have those. So it sucks just not knowing this time around and not being able to dismiss this like I normally could.
And this waiting for my results sucks.
I hope you are alright. Mine was the twenty minute test. I wonder if I could have had a false positive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hope you are alright. Mine was the twenty minute test. I wonder if I could have had a false positive.
It's hard telling with this one. The nasal drainage into my throat and stuffy head really has me hoping this is just a sinus infection, but I'm not taking chances and have isolated myself and holed up in my room.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Note: I hope everybody reading this thread realizes that all these references to ingesting and/or injecting bleach are meant to be funny, and are not to be taken as serious medical advice.

!!PLEASE DO NOT INJECT AND/OR INGEST BLEACH!!

IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUMS POSTHUMOUSLY
.​
Pumpkin spice Chlorox Chewables aren't available to the general public anyway.
To get them, one needs a prescription from Donald Trump himself.

Last edited: