• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Allows Retail Sale Of Abortifacients

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Progress (IMO)....
Abortion pills can be sold at US pharmacies, the Food and Drug Administration rules
Excerpted...
Retail stores will now be able to sell abortion pills in the US for the first time as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) made a regulatory change in a major move towards expanding access to abortion for more women.

Mifepristone, the first pill used in the two-drug medication abortion regimen, will be available on retail shops and pharmacies that apply for certification to distribute the pill and can be bought with a doctor’s prescription.

The FDA had first said it would be making those changes in December 2021 when it announced that it would relax some risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) on the pill, that had been in place since the agency approved it in 2000 and were lifted temporarily in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The changes included permanently removing restrictions on mail-order shipping of the pills and their prescription through telehealth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpted...
Mifeprex is the brand name version of mifepristone which, in combination with a second drug called misoprostol that has various uses including miscarriage management, induces an abortion up to 10 weeks into a pregnancy in a process known as medication abortion.

The changes come after abortion access was sharply curtailed in the US by the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the landmark Roe v Wade ruling and the state bans that followed.

Abortion rights activists say the pill has a long track record of being safe and effective, with no risk of overdose or addiction. In several countries, including India and Mexico, women can buy them without a prescription to induce abortion.

“Today’s news is a step in the right direction for health equity,” Planned Parenthood President Alexis McGill Johnson said in a statement.

“Being able to access your prescribed medication abortion through the mail or to pick it up in person from a pharmacy like any other prescription is a game changer for people trying to access basic health care,” Ms Johnson added.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Excerpted...
Mifeprex is the brand name version of mifepristone which, in combination with a second drug called misoprostol that has various uses including miscarriage management, induces an abortion up to 10 weeks into a pregnancy in a process known as medication abortion.

The changes come after abortion access was sharply curtailed in the US by the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the landmark Roe v Wade ruling and the state bans that followed.

Abortion rights activists say the pill has a long track record of being safe and effective, with no risk of overdose or addiction. In several countries, including India and Mexico, women can buy them without a prescription to induce abortion.

“Today’s news is a step in the right direction for health equity,” Planned Parenthood President Alexis McGill Johnson said in a statement.

“Being able to access your prescribed medication abortion through the mail or to pick it up in person from a pharmacy like any other prescription is a game changer for people trying to access basic health care,” Ms Johnson added.
I'm guessing this will make a lot of Americans apoplectic with fury?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I want to formally ask the EU to ship millions of hormonal pills (birth control pills) to the United States.
Of that great German pharmaceutical company.
So all women can use them.
For free of course, as a gift.
:)

Sorry for the joke...but.., I will be honest: to me it's shocking that abortion is a hot topic in 2022, when there are countless methods to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

To me its is shocking that a woman refuses to take a hormonal pill (that is very safe for the body) and then will take an abortion pill (which might affect the health of the uterus).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I want to formally ask the EU to ship millions of hormonal pills (birth control pills) to the United States.
Of that great German pharmaceutical company.
So all women can use them.
For free of course, as a gift.
:)

Sorry for the joke...but.., I will be honest: to me it's shocking that abortion is a hot topic in 2022, when there are countless of methods to avoid unwanted pregnancies.

To me its is shocking that a woman refuses to take a hormonal pill (that is very safe for the body) and then will take an abortion pill (which might affect the health of the uterus).

But not every woman can take the pill (or other hormonal methods), and it's less effective than condoms (which also fail).

Edit: I had a girl get pregnant while on the pill and we were using a condom. Nothing is foolproof.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But not every woman can take the pill, and it's less effective than condoms (which also fail).

Edit: I had a girl get pregnant while on the pill and we were using a condom. Not in is foolproof.

It depends on whether she cannot take it or that she won't take it because it supposedly makes you gain weight.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It depends on whether she cannot take it or that she won't take it because it supposedly makes you gain weight.

Some people are not able to take additional hormones at all. Weight gain aside it can cause: migraine headaches, dry itchy eyes, painful intercourse,depression and blood clots.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Some people are not able to take additional hormones at all. Weight gain aside it can cause: migraine headaches, dry itchy eyes, painful intercourse,depression and blood clots.
I am not against the right to have an abortion. :)

If I can express my personal opinion, I think that migraines, and all the side effects you listed are nothing compared to the practice of an abortion, which involves a human life. I have migraines all the time...I use painkillers.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Ugh. Expect more judgement to fall on the US.
“Don’t give any of your children to be burned in sacrifice to the god Molech—an act of sheer blasphemy of your God. I am GOD.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Ugh. Expect more judgement to fall on the US.
“Don’t give any of your children to be burned in sacrifice to the god Molech—an act of sheer blasphemy of your God. I am GOD.

So aborting a fetus warrants judgment falling on the US, but mass shootings, the rise of white supremacism, and the tragedy of a 10-year-old rape victim having to travel to another state to get an abortion don't?

This is why I haven't looked back for a single moment ever since I left conservative Abrahamic religion.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not against the right to have an abortion. :)

If I can express my personal opinion, I think that migraines, and all the side effects you listed are nothing compared to the practice of an abortion, which involves a human life. I have migraines all the time...I use painkillers.

It's almost like people should be able to choose to do what they want with their own bodies. And different people might make different choices.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So aborting a fetus warrants judgment falling on the US, but mass shootings, the rise of white supremacism, and the tragedy of a 10-year-old rape victim having to travel to another state to get an abortion don't?

This is why I haven't looked back for a single moment ever since I left conservative Abrahamic religion.

To be fair, even when I was a conservative Christian I knew how silly that reasoning was. The Bible is full of stories of righteous people who endure horrible unfair tragedies and unrighteous people who prosper - at least in this life. The notion that the US is going to be under some kind of specific extra "judgment" because drug stores can sell abortifacients is silliness. Reminds me of the other thread recently about God allegedly punishing us for celebrating Christmas. Absurdity.