• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US blew up Russian gas pipelines?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Whoever did this, doesn't want Europe to prosper.
In that case, look at China perhaps, but Putin would be the obvious choice - given all the rhetoric coming out of Russia recently and for decades. And all based in the fall of the USSR - and which seemingly has set Putin on this path - and giving democracy the big FO in the process. :oops:

F1fan

Veteran Member
The point is to harm both Germany and Russia.
And Europe in general...because if Germany goes down, we all go down.
Hmmm, who would that be? Who is helping Ukraine defeat Russia? Europe. Who used to profit from Europe selling gas? Russia. Who has lost business and been hurt by sanctions due to invading Ukraine? Russia. Who would want to punish Europe? Russia.

Russian warships and submarines spotted near sabotaged Nord Stream pipeline

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

F1fan

Veteran Member
Russia owns those pipelines.
So did they destroy something theirs after spending billions of dollars on them?
Are you asking why putin would do something irrational and criminal?

Ummmm

Follow the facts. Russian ships were seen in the area of the pipeline explosion. No one else was seen there. There is your prime suspect.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Are you asking why putin would do something irrational and criminal?

Ummmm

Follow the facts. Russian ships were seen in the area of the pipeline explosion. No one else was seen there. There is your prime suspect.
A reliable source with a photograph showing these ships?

We Never Know

No Slack
Why suspect Biden as the saboteur?
Why not the Illuminati, the Jews, King Charles, Putin, etc, etc?
Methinks there's a wee bit too much hatred of Biden, & that
this inspires outrageous conspiracy theories.

I didn't say I suspect Biden. It could be many that could have done it. I was pointing out its thought to be sabotage.

amorphous_constellation

The point is to harm both Germany and Russia.
And Europe in general...because if Germany goes down, we all go down.

I have a number of questions about that, probably that betray some serious ignorance on my part. I guess one is, basically, why is Germany the one at the heart of europe? What is the role that they play, specifically, that makes it that way? As to needs and beliefs, one would think that they need more energy, and have different beliefs, than for example, a warmer catholic country like italy.

I have another weird question, perhaps for @Heyo. And please don't take offense at it, I am not trying to be sardonic. There is also the idea of energy use reduction - can this be done via architecture? For example, I believe that Thoreau talked about how some of the early settlers of canada, and perhaps new england, would sometimes build underground. In early german history, I thought I had read that this was also the case. Can, or did this, provide conserved warmth (in colder areas), and better defense?

Was changing to above ground construction, in such areas, more a matter of fashion?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have a number of questions about that, probably that betray some serious ignorance on my part. I guess one is, basically, why is Germany the one at the heart of europe? What is the role that they play, specifically, that makes it that way? As to needs and beliefs, one would think that they need more energy, and have different beliefs, than for example, a warmer catholic country like italy.
Basically it is the country with the biggest population, with the highest GDP, with the Central Bank of Europe (ECB), and the first industrial power (Italy is the second) in Europe.
Does those characteristics make her the leading power in Europe? yes

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have another weird question, perhaps for @Heyo. And please don't take offense at it, I am not trying to be sardonic. There is also the idea of energy use reduction - can this be done via architecture? For example, I believe that Thoreau talked about how some of the early settlers of canada, and perhaps new england, would sometimes build underground. In early german history, I thought I had read that this was also the case. Can, or did this, provide conserved warmth (in colder areas), and better defense?

Was changing to above ground construction, in such areas, more a matter of fashion?
Building your home in the cellar has advantages. The ground buffers a lot of heat so that even in the coldest winters temperatures are rarely below 0° C and in the summer they are rarely above 15° C. It saves on material and reduces the area open to the elements. Of course you have to dig a lot - which can be a problem in some areas. The depth of the typical work shop buildings of the 10th century were about 1 m to 1.5 m.
Cellars are still poplar in Germany but usually only for storage or parking. Living or working in a hole in the ground went out of fashion in the Renaissance. It is dark and cold there most of the year and heating became a thing.
But the heat storing capacity of the ground has been rediscovered. Some heat exchange units use the fact that in winter the ground is usually warmer than the air.

Russia owns those pipelines.
So did they destroy something theirs after spending billions of dollars on them?

They had useless metal tubes under the sea unless sanctions were lifted and that wouldn't happen while Putin is in charge for numerous reasons from both sides.

So the benefits:

1. Putin removes a reason to replace him in an internal coup
2. Putin gets lots of Europeans and Americans to reflexively parrot the "look how evil America is" line for him and hopefully reduce cohesion in the alliance that is contributing to him losing a war.
3. He demonstrates Europes weakness due to reliance on vulnerable infrastructure, and that Russia could 'turn off the lights" if it wanted to, waring them against escalation (as his nuke threats are meant to do).
4. Europe has to devote time and resources to deal with this weakness.
5. It puts further uncertainty into the gas markets, potentially resulting in more profits for Russia

Versus the downside:

1. Putin's useless metal tubes under the sea now have holes in them so don't look as pretty

So there are quite obviously many reasons why Russia might destroy its own pipelines.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
They had useless metal tubes under the sea unless sanctions were lifted and that wouldn't happen while Putin is in charge for numerous reasons from both sides.

So the benefits:

1. Putin removes a reason to replace him in an internal coup
2. Putin gets lots of Europeans and Americans to reflexively parrot the "look how evil America is" line for him and hopefully reduce cohesion in the alliance that is contributing to him losing a war.
3. He demonstrates Europes weakness due to reliance on vulnerable infrastructure, and that Russia could 'turn off the lights" if it wanted to, waring them against escalation (as his nuke threats are meant to do).
4. Europe has to devote time and resources to deal with this weakness.
5. It puts further uncertainty into the gas markets, potentially resulting in more profits for Russia

Versus the downside:

1. Putin's useless metal tubes under the sea now have holes in them so don't look as pretty

So there are quite obviously many reasons why Russia might destroy its own pipelines.

Do you realize that Russia has a GDP which is lower than the EU and that she desperately needs that money?
And Germany, (all European countries actually) desperately need Russian gas which is high quality and affordable gas?

@Augustus, answer me this question:
1) What is the country that has been trying to boycott, undo, stop the construction of Nordstream1 and Nordstream2? Germany has all the documents and the evidence that prove this country has the motive.
And thank God the ICJ is in Europe.
Because these lawyers will bring all the evidence to the International Court of Justice.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And when someone commits a crime, we use the ICJ.
We don't use wars, wars, wars.
We Europeans have evolved from the warlike stage.

Last edited:
Do you realize that Russia has a GDP which is lower than the EU and that she desperately needs that money?
And Germany, (all European countries actually) desperately need Russian gas which is high quality and affordable gas?

@Augustus, answer me this question:
1) What is the country that has been trying to boycott, undo, stop the construction of Nordstream1 and Nordstream2? Germany has all the documents and the evidence that prove this country has the motive.
And thank God the ICJ is in Europe.
Because these lawyers will bring all the evidence to the International Court of Justice.

We can make all kinds of cases for different people doing it, but all we are doing is speculating without evidence.

The idea that Putin had nothing to gain from this and therefore it had to be America is obviously fallacious though.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We can make all kinds of cases for different people doing it, but all we are doing is speculating without evidence.

The idea that Putin had nothing to gain from this and therefore it had to be America is obviously fallacious though.
Do you mind me asking what your studies are?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There is a country who has been trying to boycott, stop and undo this project.
This is penally relevant.