• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updating the Genesis Creation Story

The Anointed

It is so sad that you use dishonest tactics to avoid a discussion. Of course that is the same as you admitting that you are wrong.

Tell me, why does the fact that Genesis is all myths bother you do much? Is your faith that weak?

It is so sad to see you, [who challenged me by saying that you, an atheist, are more conversant with the scriptures than I] ramble on with your rubbishing rhetoric, because you are incapable of answering the simplest of biblical questions put to you, revealing your total ignorance to same, thereby admitting how wrong you are to think that there could possibly be any myths in the Book of Genesis, which stories you appear TO BE incapable of comprehending.

BTW, nothing really bothers me too much and especially not rude comments such as accusing me of using dishonest tactic to avoid discussion, when It is you, who are the one who avoids answering any biblical questions put to you, whereas, I answer in great detail, not that it is of any help to those, like yourself, who are ignorant to the scriptures that I quote.

But please carry on revealing to all and sundry, the sort of insult throwing person that you are. But beware, because the moderators may see you for the troll that you are. What a pity for you, that I will not take the bait.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is so sad to see you, [who challenged me by saying that you, an atheist, are more conversant with the scriptures than I] ramble on with your rubbishing rhetoric, because you are incapable of answering the simplest of biblical questions put to you, revealing your total ignorance to same, thereby admitting how wrong you are to think that there could possibly be any myths in the Book of Genesis, which stories you appear TO BE incapable of comprehending.

BTW, nothing really bothers me too much and especially not rude comments such as accusing me of using dishonest tactic to avoid discussion, when It is you, who are the one who avoids answering any biblical questions put to you, whereas, I answer in great detail, not that it is of any help to those, like yourself, who are ignorant to the scriptures that I quote.

But please carry on revealing to all and sundry, the sort of insult throwing person that you are. But beware, because the moderators may see you for the troll that you are. What a pity for you, that I will not take the bait.
I have always stated that I understand the Bible better than you do. Concentrating on trivia does not lead to a superior understanding. And you rude behavior led to "rude" responses. Why not see if you can debate properly.

I will give you another chance. What version of the Noah's Ark Myth do you believe in? I can tell you how we know that it is wrong.

The Anointed

I have always stated that I understand the Bible better than you do. Concentrating on trivia does not lead to a superior understanding. And you rude behavior led to "rude" responses. Why not see if you can debate properly.

I will give you another chance. What version of the Noah's Ark Myth do you believe in? I can tell you how we know that it is wrong.

Sub wrote........ I have always stated that I understand the Bible better than you do.

The Anointed...….. Yes! we realise how self deluded you are.

Sub wrote........ Concentrating on trivia does not lead to a superior understanding.

The Anointed...…. But it does tend to reveal the biblical ignorant who cannot answer those questions.

Sub wrote...….. And you rude behavior led to "rude" responses. Why not see if you can debate properly.

The Anointed...…… would you like me to take you back through time? Back to posts that you wrote even before I came onto this forum, where you have continually insulted the biblical believers, including , when I appeared, MYSELF?

Sub wrote......…. I will give you another chance. What version of the Noah's Ark Myth do you believe in? I can tell you how we know that it is wrong.

The Anointed...….. I have told you before, your trolling will do you no Good. Are you blind and deaf also? I am too intelligent to take your bait.

If anyone were to answer the question as you have put it, they would be admitting that the flood story is a myth, which it is not.

So put your fishing line away young fellow, and again, let me here repeat, "When and only when, You ask if I believe the Biblical story of a great flood that occurred in the known world in the days the different authors of that flood, will I bother to respond, to your question.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sub wrote........ I have always stated that I understand the Bible better than you do.

The Anointed...….. Yes! we realise how self deluded you are.

Sub wrote........ Concentrating on trivia does not lead to a superior understanding.

The Anointed...…. But it does tend to reveal the biblical ignorant who cannot answer those questions.

Sub wrote...….. And you rude behavior led to "rude" responses. Why not see if you can debate properly.

The Anointed...…… would you like me to take you back through time? Back to posts that you wrote even before I came onto this forum, where you have continually insulted the biblical believers, including , when I appeared, MYSELF?

Sub wrote......…. I will give you another chance. What version of the Noah's Ark Myth do you believe in? I can tell you how we know that it is wrong.

The Anointed...….. I have told you before, your trolling will do you no Good. Are you blind and deaf also? I am too intelligent to take your bait.

If anyone were to answer the question as you have put it, they would be admitting that the flood story is a myth, which it is not.

So put your fishing line away young fellow, and again, let me here repeat, "When and only when, You ask if I believe the Biblical story of a great flood that occurred in the known world in the days the different authors of that flood, will I bother to respond, to your question.
Once again you begin with a claim that is clearly false. I am not bothering with your simple trivia challenge because it proves nothing. What matters is understanding the Bible and if one cannot admit that parts of it are wrong, that parts of it are myth, and that parts of it are clearly failed prophecy then one cannot understand it.

A person with strong faith would have no problem answering my question. So once again, which version of the flood myth do you believe in.

The Anointed

Once again you begin with a claim that is clearly false. I am not bothering with your simple trivia challenge because it proves nothing. What matters is understanding the Bible and if one cannot admit that parts of it are wrong, that parts of it are myth, and that parts of it are clearly failed prophecy then one cannot understand it.

A person with strong faith would have no problem answering my question. So once again, which version of the flood myth do you believe in.

Sub wrote........ Once again you begin with a claim that is clearly false.

The Anointed...….. I began by stating that you delude yourself if you believe that you are more conversant with the scriptures than I, and as you have proven yourself to be Ignorant to those scriptures that I use, which some of them you don't even know exist, then my claim is clearly the truth.

Sub wrote......…. I am not bothering with your simple trivia challenge because it proves nothing.

The Anointed...…. Except for the fact that it proves that you don't know the answers.

Sub wrote......…. What matters is understanding the Bible

The Anointed...….. Which I do, and which you have proven your inability to even begin to comprehend the truths as revealed therein.

Sub wrote........ and if one cannot admit that parts of it are wrong, that parts of it are myth, and that parts of it are clearly failed prophecy then one cannot understand it.

The Anointed......… The only parts that are wrong are the erroneous interpretations by some translators, if in your ignorance you believe something is incorrect let me Know and I will set you right. And as I have said time and time again, there are no myths in the scriptures, nor any failed prophecies. Some prophecies, which have not yet been fulfilled, but no failed prophecies.

Sub wrote........ A person with strong faith would have no problem answering my question. So once again, which version of the flood myth do you believe in.

The Anointed…….. A person who is brain dead might answer your question, as you have worded it, but not an intelligent person such as myself.

Take the bait of your hook and cease trolling young fellow, and drop that stupid and false claim of yours, that the great flood which occurred in the known civilized world, is a myth, which flood was recorded by the Chaldeans and others, who lived in those days, then perhaps, just perhaps, you may get an honest response. So, until you wake up to yourself young fellow, I bid thee Good Day.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sub wrote........ Once again you begin with a claim that is clearly false.

The Anointed...….. I began by stating that you delude yourself if you believe that you are more conversant with the scriptures than I, and as you have proven yourself to be Ignorant to those scriptures that I use, which some of them you don't even know exist, then my claim is clearly the truth.

Sub wrote......…. I am not bothering with your simple trivia challenge because it proves nothing.

The Anointed...…. Except for the fact that it prove that you don't know the answers.

Sub wrote......…. What matters is understanding the Bible

The Anointed...….. Which I do, and which you have proven your inability to even begin to comprehend the truths as revealed therein.

Sub wrote........ and if one cannot admit that parts of it are wrong, that parts of it are myth, and that parts of it are clearly failed prophecy then one cannot understand it.

The Anointed......… The only parts that are wrong are the erroneous interpretations by some translators, if in your ignorance you believe something is incorrect let me Know and I will set you right. And as I have said time and time again, there are no myths in the scriptures, nor any failed prophecies. Some prophecies, which have not yet been fulfilled, by no failed prophecies.

Sub wrote........ A person with strong faith would have no problem answering my question. So once again, which version of the flood myth do you believe in.

The Anointed…….. A person who is brain dead might answer your question, as you have worded it, but not an intelligent person such as myself.

Take the bait of your hook and cease trolling young fellow, and drop that stupid and false claim of yours, that the great flood which occurred in the known civilized world, which flood was recorded by the Chaldeans and others, then perhaps, just perhaps, you may get an honest response.
I see that being honest is not in your nature. Excessive breaking up of a post is an improper debating technique and it is usually an attempt to quote mine, a form of luck g. But then you cannot win an honest debate.

And please, after seeing your record here you should definitely not call yourself an intelligent person.

You are also quite wrong about the "Chaldeans". They did not observe "the great flood". They may have observed a great flood. Guess what? Most civilizations lie on waterways. Waterways tend to flood at times so different cultures recording different floods do not support the Genesis myth. But it also seems that you are saying that the Noah's Ark Myth in the Bible is wrong. At least that is what you implied.

The Anointed

I see that being honest is not in your nature. Excessive breaking up of a post is an improper debating technique and it is usually an attempt to quote mine, a form of luck g. But then you cannot win an honest debate.

And please, after seeing your record here you should definitely not call yourself an intelligent person.

You are also quite wrong about the "Chaldeans". They did not observe "the great flood". They may have observed a great flood. Guess what? Most civilizations lie on waterways. Waterways tend to flood at times so different cultures recording different floods do not support the Genesis myth. But it also seems that you are saying that the Noah's Ark Myth in the Bible is wrong. At least that is what you implied.

Sub wrote…….. I see that being honest is not in your nature.

The Anointed…….. Oh, but it is, in fact my friends say that honesty is my second name. I see that you have not yet sought treatment for your feelings of grandeur. It must give you a warm false fuzzy feeling, thinking that you can see into the hearts and minds of others

Sub wrote…….. Excessive breaking up of a post is an improper debating technique and it is usually an attempt to quote mine, a form of luck g. But then you cannot win an honest debate.

The Anointed…….. ”USUALLY”? But not by He, who shoots you down in flames every time. Don’t I? Now be honest this time and admit it, your debating skills are atrocious.

Sub wrote…….. And please, after seeing your record here you should definitely not call yourself an intelligent person.

The Anointed…….. And this comes from on who does not have the ability to comprehend the book that he is debating. Give us all a break kiddo.

Sub wrote…….. You are also quite wrong about the "Chaldeans". They did not observe "the great flood". They may have observed a great flood. Guess what? Most civilizations lie on waterways. Waterways tend to flood at times so different cultures recording different floods do not support the Genesis myth. But it also seems that you are saying that the Noah's Ark Myth in the Bible is wrong. At least that is what you implied.

The Anointed…….. Wrong about the Chaldeans, am I??? Because of your inability to comprehend the words written in the book of Genesis. You do not realise that according to the Hebrew bible and the Roman OT, Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died, and ‘TERAH’ the Father of Abraham was the high priest in the temple of UR, the city of the Chaldeans, who recorded the flood story as told by their great ancestor, which stories being handed down though different family lines, were changed slightly, but basically remained the same.

Shot down in flames once again young fellow. It is you who are wrong about the Chaldeans who were the descendants of Shem. But how can one like yourself, who lacks the ability to comprehend that which they read, ever be right.

I will gladly set you right as to the flood of Noah as recorded in the book of Genesis, when, and only when you are able to word your question correctly. See ya later mate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sub wrote…….. I see that being honest is not in your nature.

The Anointed…….. Oh, but it is, in fact my friends say that honesty is my second name. I see that you have not yet sought treatment for your feelings of grandeur. It must give you a warm false fuzzy feeling, thinking that you can see into the hearts and minds of others

Sub wrote…….. Excessive breaking up of a post is an improper debating technique and it is usually an attempt to quote mine, a form of luck g. But then you cannot win an honest debate.

The Anointed…….. ”USUALLY”? But not by He, who shoots you down in flames every time. Don’t I? Now be honest this time and admit it, your debating skills are atrocious.

Sub wrote…….. And please, after seeing your record here you should definitely not call yourself an intelligent person.

The Anointed…….. And this comes from on who does not have the ability to comprehend the book that he is debating. Give us all a break kiddo.

Sub wrote…….. You are also quite wrong about the "Chaldeans". They did not observe "the great flood". They may have observed a great flood. Guess what? Most civilizations lie on waterways. Waterways tend to flood at times so different cultures recording different floods do not support the Genesis myth. But it also seems that you are saying that the Noah's Ark Myth in the Bible is wrong. At least that is what you implied.

The Anointed…….. Wrong about the Chaldeans, am I??? Because of your inability to comprehend the words written in the book of Genesis. You do not realise that according to the Hebrew bible and the Roman OT, Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died, and ‘TERAH’ the Father of Abraham was the high priest in the temple of UR, the city of the Chaldeans, who recorded the flood story as told by their great ancestor, which stories being handed down though different family lines, were changed slightly, but basically remained the same.

Shot down in flames once again young fellow. It is you who are wrong about the Chaldeans who were the descendants of Shem. But how can one like yourself, who lacks the ability to comprehend that which they read, ever be right.

I will gladly set you right as to the flood of Noah as recorded in the book of Genesis, when, and only when you are able to word your question correctly. See ya later mate.
If you were honest you would not break up a post excessively, especially after that error was pointed out to you. And you really should not lie. You have never shot down any of my posts. You have only made your ignorance of the Bible more apparent.

Now we know that you do not understand your book of myths. Your fear keeps you from understanding that. I am not the one that cannot understand the Bible, I am always several steps ahead of you. First off you are terribly confused about who wrote the Bible. The mythical figures in the Bible did not write it. In fact it is much more recent than you seem to realize. Most of the Old Testament dates to only 500 BCE. It was written by the priestly class after the Babylonian They got some of their stories for the Bible from the Babylonians. The Noah's Ark myth was one of them

Babylonian captivity - Wikipedia

But I see your problem now., You are one of the terribly ignorant Christians that believes he can interpret the Bible himself without referring to the scholarly works of others. No wonder you have such a hard time understanding your book of myths.

Once again would you care to clarify your version of the Noah's Ark tale?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Hey Subduction,
Why do you keep catering to this guy's idiocy ?
It's not worth the effort ! There are many people....
Well I won't insult you as he does, sooo...give it up !

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hey Subduction,
It has been a bit slow here lately so one has to go after the low hanging fruit.

The Anointed

Hey Subduction,

Why would you dare to insult the SUB, who is one of your own kind, who like yourself never has anything constructive to add to a discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why would you dare to insult the SUB, who is one of your own kind, who like yourself never has anything constructive to add to a discussion.
Now just because you could not own up to your errors is no excuse to attack others. Why not try to learn how we know that you were wrong? I can help you with the basics of science.

sealchan

The problem is same in your `copy` of Genesis is the same as the original.
From where did the water that the `Spirit of God` hovered over, come ?
From the same source as the mouse and basketball ?
Where did the water come from ? Who created it !

Well, like any good story, it must start with hand waving...but in this case, it is Elat, the Goddess who is waving her hand and saying, "Did you patriarchal monotheists think I was going to lie down and just take this narrative?"

ecco

Veteran Member
:fearscream:

Quick, Ecco. Get the wooden stake and stab it into its heart! :mad:
10d_378-017.jpg

Consider it done.