• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updating the Genesis Creation Story

sealchan

Here is my latest draft...I have removed what I think is unnecessary to the story (too much telling). I have also decided that I can give the Goddess equal time if I give her an equal role but that does not mean I have to give her first person perspective equal coverage. This will mean a lot less work for me and I can stay much closer to the original text. The terseness of the author(s) of Genesis is a very good thing. It creates a sense of confidence in the narrative and helps to leave open ambiguities and questions for the audience to bring to the text. There are some name changes and fluctuations as well...

Before the Beginning

Before the beginning there was the Nothing-Yet of Infinite Potential. It was "nothing yet" because nothing-yet had been created. It was potential because it could become something. And It was infinite because there was nothing yet to stop it.

The first thing that the Nothing-Yet felt like doing was to prove to itself that it was there. It thought, "If I create something, then I will know that I am what I think I am."

So the Nothing-Yet created something; it does not matter what it was. It was happy at first. But after contemplating its creation it thought, "What if this is a hallucination?" There was nothing other than the Nothing-Yet and its creation that could tell the Nothing-Yet whether its creation was real or not. For a long, long time the Nothing-Yet thought about how it could prove to itself that it existed.

One day the Nothing-Yet of Infinite Potential had given up trying to solve its dilemma and decided to play around with creating some more things. First, It created a basketball. Then It created a mouse. The mouse sniffed the basketball. The basketball did nothing. The Nothing-Yet continued to create until it discovered that some of the things it created would destroy what it had already created, but some would exist along with what was created. It decided It would try and see how many different things It could create that would coexist. The Universe began to take shape.

The Nothing-Yet of Infinite Potential then realized, "I am. I do exist. What I am and what I am creating is not an illusion because some things can coexist and some cannot. And since I am all there is, I can decide what is real and what is not. I will be what I will be."

Then there was a loud crack as of some unbreakable substance fracturing into pieces.

Then I AM heard a voice that came not from anything that He had created. "I AM, I am here."

I WILL BE spoke and said, "Who are you?"

“Who are we?” ARE We replied.

And I AM thought, “That is a hallucination. She does not exist.” And there was silence.

Then, in the silence, I WILL BE took his first breath and the He said, “I AM.” And the heavens and the earth were formed from the pieces of the Nothing-Yet. I AM looked and saw and there was silence. “Good.”

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Luke does not specifically state what the Roman office held by Quirinius when the first registration or enrolment was made in Judaea in 6 B.C. actually was. But in reference to the position he held, Luke uses the Greek word “hegemoneuontos tes Surias Kureniou.’ Which the authors of the English bible have translated “Governor.” Such as Luke 3: 1; Where it is written in most English Bibles, that Pontius Pilate was “Governor” of Judea, whereas Tacitus speaks of Pontius Pilate as the “Procurator.”

Likewise, Luke’s reference to Felix, [The hegemon] has been translated as ‘Governor’ of Caesarea, in Acts 23:24; also verses 26 and 33, then again in Acts 24: 1, and verse 10 and also Acts 26: 30.

This is from your favorite source: [Wikipedia]…….”Marcus Antonius Felix was the Roman procurator of Judaea, in succession to Ventidius Cumanus.” So the word “hegemon,” used by Luke, could apply to any Roman official holding a leading position of authority in any of the Roman provinces, including Syria.

Around the year of 6 B. C., the Governors of Galatia and Syria were involved in the construction of a system of military roads and garrison cities. 3. They had a major problem. The Homonadenses had taken control of a Roman client nation located in the Taurus mountains which traversed the centre of these operations. 4. Syria and Galatia would normally be required to intervene but Galatia had no army and Varus had no military experience. 5. Quirinius was a general and famous for having quelled the Marmaridea rebellion in Cilicia (Libya) in BC.14. 6 Quirinius was the one who conquered the Homonadenses nation. This campaign had to have been implemented from Syria. It necessarily follows that 6-5 B.C., General Quirinius dealt with the Homonadenses situation as Augustus' vicegerent, whilst Varus attended to the internal administration of Syria.

Anyone who has studied the scriptures, which excludes you, know that the Roman taxes were collected by Jewish tax collectors, who were not paid by their Roman Clients, but made their wages by how much extra money they were able to charge people, over and above the legal taxes. The fact that the people knew they were being ripped off by these collector, is borne out in Luke 3: 13; When some tax collectors came to be baptised by John and asked him; “Teacher, what are we to do?” To which John answered; “Don’t collect more than is required by the law.”

Although the majority of Jews deemed the tax collectors to be the lowest of all life forms, Jesus did not ostracize them, in fact the Jewish authorities condemned him for eating and drinking with Tax collectors, and in Matthew 9: 9; he even chose Levi called Matthew as one of his disciples.

In the KJV, which is riddled with translation errors….. Luke 2:1, 2: 2, 2: 3; 2: 5. And Acts 5: 37; the Greek word “Apographe,” is erroneously translated as “TAX.” But according to Young’s Analytical Concordance, it means, “A writing off or Register.”

The Amplified version…. Luke 2: 1; In those days it occurred that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that the whole Roman Empire should be REGISTERED. Luke 2: 2; This was the first enrolment, and it was made when Quirinius was “hegemon” in Syria. Luke 2: 3; And all the people were going to be REGISTERED, each to his own city or town.

The Living New Testament….. Luke 2: 1; About this time Caesar Augustus, the Roman Emperor, decreed that a census should be taken throughout the nation. Luke 2: 2; this census was taken when Quirinius was “hegemon” in Syria. Luke 2: 3; Everyone was required to return to his ancestral home for this ‘REGISTATION.”

RSV…… 2: 1; In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be ENROLLED. Luke 2: 2; This was the first ENROLLMENT, when Quirinius was “hegemon” in Syria.

This reveals that the census of Augustus in 6.C, when Quirinius was on a campaign in Syria as Augustus’ Vicegerent, was not an exercise in tax collecting, but an exercise in information gathering.

Again you are seen, as one who is totally ignorant to the scriptures that you attack. Nothing about tax' in Luke.
Tell us again, why you believed that No census would be taken in Judea while Herod the Great was alive.
I see that you are still grasping at straws, and not supporting your key claims. Where is the evidence of this campaign that you speak of that required Quirinius to be the governor of Syria in any form?

Plus you are still ignoring why Judea would not have had a census under Herod. At that time it was not part of the Roman empire proper. It was a vassal state that would have paid tribute which would have been under the purview of the king of Judea. In this case Herod. Judea was not under direct Roman control until after Herod's son ran the area so poorly that Rome had to step in. At that point a census was necessary. I searched your clams and could only find desperate Christian sources supporting you. I could not find any historic sources that supported your claims. I am not only doing my homework, I am doing yours for you too and finding that as usual you are failing.

Try again.

The Anointed

I see that you are still grasping at straws, and not supporting your key claims. Where is the evidence of this campaign that you speak of that required Quirinius to be the governor of Syria in any form?

Plus you are still ignoring why Judea would not have had a census under Herod. At that time it was not part of the Roman empire proper. It was a vassal state that would have paid tribute which would have been under the purview of the king of Judea. In this case Herod. Judea was not under direct Roman control until after Herod's son ran the area so poorly that Rome had to step in. At that point a census was necessary. I searched your clams and could only find desperate Christian sources supporting you. I could not find any historic sources that supported your claims. I am not only doing my homework, I am doing yours for you too and finding that as usual you are failing.

Try again.

One does not grasp at straws when one has the truth. Did I say that Quirinius was Governor? If I remember correctly, I believe that I used the Greek word “hegemon,” used by Luke, which could apply to any Roman official holding a leading position of authority in any of the Roman provinces, including Syria.

Oh! And thank you for supporting my historical source as to where Quirinius was in 6-5 B.C.

Judaea was a vassal state under the rule of Rome, and Herod was no more than a puppet King, which honour was bestowed upon him by the Senate of Rome, but as such, he was allowed to gather taxes, from which he paid tribute to Rome.

Subduction Zone wrote……. And if you understood Roman history you would have know why there were no census under Herod. Do you know why?

The Anointed…….. But as I had said, there was a census of ENROLLMENT in Judaea in 6 B.C., two years before the death of Herod the Great.

Subduction Zone wrote…….. If one looks into how Rome gathered revenue one will find that semi-autonomous kingdoms, which Judea was under Herod, paid tribute. The gathering of those funds were the responsibility of the king.

The Anointed……. So then, you believe that the Augustus census of ENROLLMENT of every Roman province, of which Judaea was one, and which census was decreed by Augustus in 6 B.C., had something to do with tax collecting do you? Why? When Herod paid tribute to Rome from the taxes he collected from the Jews.

Subduction Zone wrote …….. He [Quirinius] was in the middle of a military campaign in what is now Turkey when Herod was king and Jesus was claimed to be born. The history of Quirinius is easy to trace.

The Anointed……. Once again I must thank you for corroborating my historical source. Yes! The history of Quirinius as you say, is indeed easy to trace. In 6-5 B.C., as confirmed by yourself, and while the census of ENROLLMENT was being carried out in Judaea, when Herod the Great was still alive, General Quirinius was dealing with the Homonadenses situation in southern Turkey which borders Northern Syria.

Not only do you reveal yourself to be totally ignorant to the scriptures that you attack, you appear to know less about the geographical region of southern Turkey which borders Northern Syria where the mountains of Taurus are located.

Around the year of 6 B. C., the Governors of Galatia and Syria were involved in the construction of a system of military roads and garrison cities. 3. They had a major problem. The Homonadenses had taken control of a Roman client nation located in the Taurus mountains which traversed the centre of these operations. 4. Syria and Galatia would normally be required to intervene but Galatia had no army and Varus had no military experience. 5. Quirinius was a general and famous for having quelled the Marmaridea rebellion in Cilicia (Libya) in BC.14. 6 Quirinius was the one who conquered the Homonadenses nation. This campaign had to have been implemented from Syria. It necessarily follows that in 6-5 B.C., General Quirinius dealt with the Homonadenses situation as Augustus' vicegerent, whilst Varus attended to the internal administration of Syria.

BTW, don't bother to my homework, you're going to be flat out tying to avoid having to confess your ignorance of the scriptures, history and the Roman Empire in the days of Jesus.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One does not grasp at straws when one has the truth. Did I say that Quirinius was Governor? If I remember correctly, I believe that I used the Greek word “hegemon,” used by Luke, which could apply to any Roman official holding a leading position of authority in any of the Roman provinces, including Syria.

Oh! And thank you for supporting my historical source as to where Quirinius was in 6-5 B.C.

Judaea was a vassal state under the rule of Rome, and Herod was no more than a puppet King, which honour was bestowed upon him by the Senate of Rome, but as such, he was allowed to gather taxes, from which he paid tribute to Rome.

Subduction Zone wrote……. And if you understood Roman history you would have know why there were no census under Herod. Do you know why?

The Anointed…….. But as I had said, there was a census of ENROLLMENT in Judaea in 6 B.C., two years before the death of Herod the Great.

Subduction Zone wrote…….. If one looks into how Rome gathered revenue one will find that semi-autonomous kingdoms, which Judea was under Herod, paid tribute. The gathering of those funds were the responsibility of the king.

The Anointed……. So then, you believe that the Augustus census of ENROLLMENT of every Roman province, of which Judaea was one, and which census was decreed by Augustus in 6 B.C., had something to do with tax collecting do you? Why? When Herod paid tribute to Rome from the taxes he collected from the Jews.

Subduction Zone wrote …….. He [Quirinius] was in the middle of a military campaign in what is now Turkey when Herod was king and Jesus was claimed to be born. The history of Quirinius is easy to trace.

The Anointed……. Once again I must thank you for corroborating my historical source. Yes! The history of Quirinius as you say, is indeed easy to trace. In 6-5 B.C., as confirmed by yourself, and while the census of ENROLLMENT was being carried out in Judaea, when Herod the Great was still alive, General Quirinius was dealing with the Homonadenses situation in southern Turkey which borders Northern Syria.

Not only do you reveal yourself to be totally ignorant to the scriptures that you attack, you appear to know less about the geographical region of southern Turkey which borders Northern Syria where the mountains of Taurus are located.

Around the year of 6 B. C., the Governors of Galatia and Syria were involved in the construction of a system of military roads and garrison cities. 3. They had a major problem. The Homonadenses had taken control of a Roman client nation located in the Taurus mountains which traversed the centre of these operations. 4. Syria and Galatia would normally be required to intervene but Galatia had no army and Varus had no military experience. 5. Quirinius was a general and famous for having quelled the Marmaridea rebellion in Cilicia (Libya) in BC.14. 6 Quirinius was the one who conquered the Homonadenses nation. This campaign had to have been implemented from Syria. It necessarily follows that in 6-5 B.C., General Quirinius dealt with the Homonadenses situation as Augustus' vicegerent, whilst Varus attended to the internal administration of Syria.

BTW, don't bother to my homework, you're going to be flat out tying to avoid having to confess your ignorance of the scriptures, history and the Roman Empire in the days of Jesus.
So much garbage again. The fact is that Judea would not have undergone a census. Even though a "puppet government" it was still not part of Rome proper. It paid tribute, it's citizens were not taxed. Until you find a valid source you have lost.

The Anointed

So much garbage again. The fact is that Judea would not have undergone a census. Even though a "puppet government" it was still not part of Rome proper. It paid tribute, it's citizens were not taxed. Until you find a valid source you have lost.

Who paid the tribute to Rome, the over-riding ruler of Judaea, and where did the money come from to pay that tribute? If you believe that the citizens of Judaea were not taxed, [AS YOU HAVE STATED] then it becomes obvious to all who read your [What should I say? Ignorant.] Yes, that's the word I'm looking for, your ignorant statements, which prove beyond all doubt that you have never read the bible with all it's tax collectors in Judaea.

And please reveal your evidence that the Roman census of ENROLLMENT in 6 B.C. had anything to do with the gathering of taxes? But be vewery, vewery careful, that you don't put your foot into your mouth again, as seems to be your want.

But thank you again for corroborating the truth as to where Quirinius was in 6-5 B.C., when the census of Augustus was taken in Judaea in the year of 6 B.C., two years before the death of Herod the Great..

Where was Quiriinus when the census of Augustus was taken in Judaea in 6 B.C.? And where were you when the Twin Towers were attacked.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who paid the tribute to Rome, the over-riding ruler of Judaea, and where did the money come from to pay that tribute? If you believe that the citizens of Judaea were not taxed, [AS YOU HAVE STATED] then it becomes obvious to all who read your [What should I say? Ignorant.] Yes, that's the word I'm looking for, your ignorant statements, which prove beyond all doubt that you have never read the bible with all it's tax collectors in Judaea.

And please reveal your evidence that the Roman census of ENROLLMENT in 6 B.C. had anything to do with the gathering of taxes? But be vewery, vewery careful, that you don't put your foot into your mouth again, as seems to be your want.

But thank you again for corroborating the truth as to where Quirinius was in 6-5 B.C., when the census of Augustus was taken in Judaea in the year of 6 B.C., two years before the death of Herod the Great..

Where was Quiriinus when the census of Augustus was taken in Judaea in 6 B.C.? And where were you when the Twin Towers were attacked.
Now you are changing your story since it was shown to be wrong. Rome would not care how the money was raised by its vassal states. What you ignored is that there would be no Roman census until an area was directly under Roman rule, as Judea became in 6CE.

And if you want to make any requests you need to do so politely. No stupid and false claims about putting one's foot in their mouth allowed. Remember, you did that and were not honest enough to admit it.

The Anointed

Now you are changing your story since it was shown to be wrong. Rome would not care how the money was raised by its vassal states. What you ignored is that there would be no Roman census until an area was directly under Roman rule, as Judea became in 6CE.

And if you want to make any requests you need to do so politely. No stupid and false claims about putting one's foot in their mouth allowed. Remember, you did that and were not honest enough to admit it.

Subduction Zone wrote....... Now you are changing your story since it was shown to be wrong.

The Anointed...….. Nothing I have said has been shown to be wrong young fellow, in fact, you, who attempted to ridicule my historical source on the whereabouts of Quirinius in 6-5 B.C., actually ended up by supporting it. I hope that getting your foot out of your mouth, didn't hurt as much as jamming it in.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Rome would not care how the money was raised by its vassal states.

The Anointed………. Of course Rome didn't, just as long as those vassal states which were ruled by Rome, Paid their tribute from the taxes that they raised from their citizens, who used Roman Currency with the head of Caesar on their coins and who were subjected to the rule of Rome.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. What you ignored is that there would be no Roman census until an area was directly under Roman rule, as Judea became in 6CE.

The Anointed...…… Not so, sunshine. it is the fact that you have ignored, in your attempt to attack anything in the bible of which you have proven yourself to be totally ignorant to, that Augustus did decree that a census of Enrollment, [Nothing to do with collecting taxes] be taken in the land of Judaea in 6 B.C., while Quirinius was “hegemon” in Syria, in his campaign against the Homonadenses, in what is known today as southern Turkey, which you have corroborated.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. And if you want to make any requests you need to do so politely.

The Anointed...…. And how would you like me to request that you don't do any home work for me, which would be all incorrect anyway? On my knees perhaps! It aint gonna happen kiddo, wake up to yourself son.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. No stupid and false claims about putting one's foot in their mouth allowed.

The Anointed...…. Then stop doing it son.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Remember, you did that and were not honest enough to admit it.

The Anointed...…… Of course I have pointed out that you always seem to put your foot in your mouth every time that you open it. I admit that...….and I have never tried to deny it.

Good night sunshine, I'm off to drop the lead in the old weeping willow and plough the deep. But knowing your inability to comprehend the written word, :I'm off to drop me head in the old comfortable pillow and go to sleep.

Catch ya latter mate.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Subduction Zone wrote....... Now you are changing your story since it was shown to be wrong.

The Anointed...….. Nothing I have said has been shown to be wrong young fellow, in fact, you, who attempted to ridicule my historical source on the whereabouts of Quirinius in 6-5 B.C., actually ended up by supporting it. I hope that getting your foot out of your mouth, didn't hurt as much as jamming it in.

And once again you are either being incredibly dishonest or incredibly ignorant. All of your claims have been shown to be wrong or supported by bogus sources. Have you forgotten that supposed translation of Josephus that you used? It was a forgery. I found the book that it was based upon and linked it for you. Your sources are pathetic. They are based upon people that are lying for Jesus.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Rome would not care how the money was raised by its vassal states.

The Anointed………. Of course Rome didn't, just as long as those vassal states which were ruled by Rome, Paid their tribute from the taxes that they raised from their citizens, who used Roman Currency with the head of Caesar on their coins and who were subjected to the rule of Rome.

Sorry, now you have demonstrated ignorance of what a vassal state is. They are not ruled by Rome. Nor was there any demand that they use Roman currency. You are just making up garbage as you go along.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. What you ignored is that there would be no Roman census until an area was directly under Roman rule, as Judea became in 6CE.

The Anointed...…… Not so, sunshine. it is the fact that you have ignored, in your attempt to attack anything in the bible of which you have proven yourself to be totally ignorant to, that Augustus did decree that a census of Enrollment, [Nothing to do with collecting taxes] be taken in the land of Judaea in 6 B.C., while Quirinius was “hegemon” in Syria, in his campaign against the Homonadenses, in what is known today as southern Turkey, which you have corroborated.

Last warning, no name calling. And please do not tell falsehoods about me. Ignorance is your flaw not mine. And like it or not the census of Quirinius was a census. You are not using an equivocation fallacy. You are probably not even fooling yourself with such a weak argument. Also you are either lying or ignorant of where Quirinius was in Turkey. He was not in southern Turkey. You want him there to give your false story a glimmer of hope he was in central and north central Turkey. You can read about him here:

P. Sulpicius Quirinius - Livius

He was in Paphlagonia - Wikipedia and Galatia - Wikipedia neither anywhere near Syria.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. And if you want to make any requests you need to do so politely.

The Anointed...…. And how would you like me to request that you don't do any home work for me, which would be all incorrect anyway? On my knees perhaps! It aint gonna happen kiddo, wake up to yourself son.

Again, drop the rudeness. Rudeness and ignorance are a terrible combination.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. No stupid and false claims about putting one's foot in their mouth allowed.

The Anointed...…. Then stop doing it son.

Openly lying does you no good.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Remember, you did that and were not honest enough to admit it.

The Anointed...…… Of course I have pointed out that you always seem to put your foot in your mouth every time that you open it. I admit that...….and I have never tried to deny it.

Good night sunshine, I'm off to drop the lead in the old weeping willow and plough the deep. But knowing your inability to comprehend the written word, :I'm off to drop me head in the old comfortable pillow and go to sleep.

Catch ya latter mate.

Please, why do you have to tell falsehoods about others? Once again you failed with your bogus sources time after time. You need to find sources that are not written by liars for Jesus or worse yet totally fraudulent. But you know that if you used actual historical sources that they would all say the same thing. That Augustus Caesar never had an empire wide census. Census's were taken in different areas at different times. That a demand that people return to their native homes was also ridiculous. That was not done. That would be in fact pointless. Worse yet , and another huge error of Luke's was that Galilee was not part of Judea, the area that was covered by the census of Quirinius, you remember that, that was the one that Luke referred to.

First_century_Iudaea_province.gif

By Wikipedia User:Andrew c, CC BY 3.0, File:First century Iudaea province.gif - Wikimedia Commons

The nativity story was concocted to get Jesus born in Bethlehem so that he would "fulfill" prophecy. It is not the only place that writers of the New Testament did this. Please note that neither the first Gospel written, Mark, nor the last Gospel written, John, repeat this myth. They simply ignored the contradiction.

And once again the quote that you cannot refute:

"There are major difficulties in accepting Luke's account: the census in fact took place in 6 CE, ten years after Herod's death in 4 BCE; there was no single census of the entire empire under Augustus; no Roman census required people to travel from their own homes to those of distant ancestors; and the census of Judea would not have affected Joseph and his family, living in Galilee.[6] Some conservative scholars have argued that Quirinius may have had an earlier and historically unattested term as governor of Syria, or that he previously held other senior positions which may have led him to be involved in the affairs of Judea during Herod’s reign, or that the passage should be interpreted in some other fashion.[8][9][10] These arguments have been rejected by mainline scholarship as "exegetical acrobatics"[11][12] and most have concluded that the author of Luke's gospel made an error.[6]"

Census of Quirinius - Wikipedia

One thing that Wikipedia does that your false sources do not is that they list and often link their sources. I am sure that you will fail and flail about in doing so again.

The Anointed

And once again you are either being incredibly dishonest or incredibly ignorant. All of your claims have been shown to be wrong or supported by bogus sources. Have you forgotten that supposed translation of Josephus that you used? It was a forgery. I found the book that it was based upon and linked it for you. Your sources are pathetic. They are based upon people that are lying for Jesus.

Sorry, now you have demonstrated ignorance of what a vassal state is. They are not ruled by Rome. Nor was there any demand that they use Roman currency. You are just making up garbage as you go along.

Last warning, no name calling. And please do not tell falsehoods about me. Ignorance is your flaw not mine. And like it or not the census of Quirinius was a census. You are not using an equivocation fallacy. You are probably not even fooling yourself with such a weak argument. Also you are either lying or ignorant of where Quirinius was in Turkey. He was not in southern Turkey. You want him there to give your false story a glimmer of hope he was in central and north central Turkey. You can read about him here:

P. Sulpicius Quirinius - Livius

He was in Paphlagonia - Wikipedia and Galatia - Wikipedia neither anywhere near Syria.

Again, drop the rudeness. Rudeness and ignorance are a terrible combination.

Openly lying does you no good.

Please, why do you have to tell falsehoods about others? Once again you failed with your bogus sources time after time. You need to find sources that are not written by liars for Jesus or worse yet totally fraudulent. But you know that if you used actual historical sources that they would all say the same thing. That Augustus Caesar never had an empire wide census. Census's were taken in different areas at different times. That a demand that people return to their native homes was also ridiculous. That was not done. That would be in fact pointless. Worse yet , and another huge error of Luke's was that Galilee was not part of Judea, the area that was covered by the census of Quirinius, you remember that, that was the one that Luke referred to.

First_century_Iudaea_province.gif

By Wikipedia User:Andrew c, CC BY 3.0, File:First century Iudaea province.gif - Wikimedia Commons

The nativity story was concocted to get Jesus born in Bethlehem so that he would "fulfill" prophecy. It is not the only place that writers of the New Testament did this. Please note that neither the first Gospel written, Mark, nor the last Gospel written, John, repeat this myth. They simply ignored the contradiction.

And once again the quote that you cannot refute:

"There are major difficulties in accepting Luke's account: the census in fact took place in 6 CE, ten years after Herod's death in 4 BCE; there was no single census of the entire empire under Augustus; no Roman census required people to travel from their own homes to those of distant ancestors; and the census of Judea would not have affected Joseph and his family, living in Galilee.[6] Some conservative scholars have argued that Quirinius may have had an earlier and historically unattested term as governor of Syria, or that he previously held other senior positions which may have led him to be involved in the affairs of Judea during Herod’s reign, or that the passage should be interpreted in some other fashion.[8][9][10] These arguments have been rejected by mainline scholarship as "exegetical acrobatics"[11][12] and most have concluded that the author of Luke's gospel made an error.[6]"

Census of Quirinius - Wikipedia

One thing that Wikipedia does that your false sources do not is that they list and often link their sources. I am sure that you will fail and flail about in doing so again.

Subduction Zone wrote…….. And once again you are either being incredibly dishonest or incredibly ignorant. All your claims have been shown to be wrong or supported by bogus sources.

The Anointed……. Unlike others on this forum, I am neither dishonest or ignorant. It was you who said that the census of 6 B.C., was the census of Quirinius, and of course it wasn’t. Then you, in your usual ignorance, went on to say that my source which revealed Quirinius was fighting a campaign for Augustus against the Homonadenses in the Mountains of Taurus, was nothing but Christian lies.

Subduction Zone wrote…….. Have you forgotten that supposed translation of Josephus that you used? It was a forgery. I found the book that it was based upon and linked it for you. Your sources are pathetic. They are based upon people that are lying for Jesus.

The anointed…….. Please supply your evidence that it was a forgery?

You then confirmed my source as being true, by stating that in 5-6 B.C., Quirinius was fighting a campaign in Turkey, obviously being ignorant to the fact that the Mountains of Taurus are in southern Turkey near the Northern border of Syria from which Quirinius had mounted his campaign.

What did your source give, as the reason that Quirinius was fighting in Turkey in 5-6 B.C.? Could it have been for the same reason as my source, who you, in your ignorance reckon is based upon people that are lying for Jesus. Pathetic liars, are they? My, my how impolite you are concerning others?

Subduction Zone wrote…….. Sorry, now you have demonstrated ignorance of what a vassal state is. They are not ruled by Rome. Nor was there any demand that they use Roman currency. You are just making up garbage as you go along.

The Anointed…….. The standard unit of Roman currency was the silver denarius (the same value as a Greek drachma). A denarius was the equivalent of a day’s wage for a labourer (about fifty or sixty pounds in Britain today), Wikipedi

Whether it was not until AD after the death of Herod, who was allowed to raise taxes, and the kingdom of Judaea was divided into tetrarchs, that Roman coins with the image of Augustus on them were used for Paying the taxes to Rome, is questionable.

Although we read in Matthew 22: 13; The Pharisees went off and made a plan to trap Jesus with questions-----------(17) Tell us, [they said to Jesus] what do you think? Is it against our law to pay taxes to the Roman Emperor or not? But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him A DENARIUS, 20and he asked them, "Whose image is this? And whose inscription?" "Caesar's," they replied. Then he said to them, "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

The image on those coins would have been of Tiberius, the Roman Emperor of that time. But there are four Roman coins in museums today that I know of, which have the image or inscription of Augustus on them. One was used from 32 to 29 B.C., as payment to the military, after the battle when Mark Antony was defeated, the others were in existence in 15, 16, and 9 B.C.

A vassal state within the Roman Empire, was a kingdom that had been conquered by Rome, who then chose a client/puppet King to rule that vassal state in the manner as prescribed by the ruling power which in this case was Rome.

Herod did not rule a free and autonomous country, Certain limitations were put on the Kings of all vassal states, they could neither wage independent wars or make treaties, plus other limitations, and if they overstepped those limits they were immediately sacked by the ruling power and another puppet put in their place.

Subduction wrote……… By Wikipedia User:Andrew c, CC BY 3.0, File:First century Iudaea province.gif - Wikimedia Commons

The Anointed....... There was no contradiction my friend, and your Wikipedia User:Andrew c, Appears to be another nonbelieving biblical ignoramus trying, in its vain attempt to denigrate the truth as revealed in scripture.

Subduction wrote……… Last warning, no name calling. And please do not tell falsehoods about me. Ignorance is your flaw not mine. Again, drop the rudeness. Rudeness and ignorance are a terrible combination. Openly lying does you no good.

The anointed…….. Not only have you revealed yourself to be biblically and historically ignorant, you, who call others, ignorant, lying, pathetic fraudulent people, now reveal yourself to be a downright hypocrite.

To be continued,

Last edited:

The Anointed

Subduction Zone wrote…….. And once again you are either being incredibly dishonest or incredibly ignorant. All your claims have been shown to be wrong or supported by bogus sources.
The Anointed……. Unlike others on this forum, I am neither dishonest or ignorant. It was you who said that the census of 6 B.C., was the census of Quirinius, and of course it wasn’t. Then you, in your usual ignorance, went on to say that my source which revealed Quirinius was fighting a campaign for Augustus against the Homonadenses in the Mountains of Taurus, was nothing but Christian lies.
Subduction Zone wrote…….. Have you forgotten that supposed translation of Josephus that you used? It was a forgery. I found the book that it was based upon and linked it for you. Your sources are pathetic. They are based upon people that are lying for Jesus.
You then confirmed my source as being true, by stating that in 5-6 B.C., Quirinius was fighting a campaign in Turkey, obviously being ignorant to the fact that the Mountains of Taurus are in southern Turkey near the Northern border of Syria from which Quirinius had mounted his campaign.
What did your source give, as the reason that Quirinius was fighting in Turkey in 5-6 B.C.? Could it have been for the same reason as my source, who you, in your ignorance reckon is based upon people that are lying for Jesus. Pathetic liars, are they? My, my how impolite you are concerning others?
Subduction Zone wrote…….. Sorry, now you have demonstrated ignorance of what a vassal state is. They are not ruled by Rome. Nor was there any demand that they use Roman currency. You are just making up garbage as you go along.
The Anointed…….. The standard unit of Roman currency was the silver denarius (the same value as a Greek drachma). A denarius was the equivalent of a day’s wage for a labourer (about fifty or sixty pounds in Britain today), Wikipedi
Whether it was not until AD after the death of Herod, who was allowed to raise taxes, and the kingdom of Judaea was divided into tetrarchs, that Roman coins with the image of Augustus on them were used for Paying the taxes to Rome, is questionable.
Although we read in Matthew 22: 13; The Pharisees went off and made a plan to trap Jesus with questions-----------(17) Tell us, [they said to Jesus] what do you think? Is it against our law to pay taxes to the Roman Emperor or not? But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him A DENARIUS, 20and he asked them, "Whose image is this? And whose inscription?" "Caesar's," they replied. Then he said to them, "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
The image on those coins would have been of Tiberius, the Roman Emperor of that time. But there are four Roman coins in museums today that I know of, which have the image or inscription of Augustus on them. One was used from 32 to 29 B.C., as payment to the military, after the battle when Mark Antony was defeated, the others were in existence in 15, 16, and 9 B.C.
A vassal state within the Roman Empire, was a kingdom that had been conquered by Rome, who then chose a client/puppet King to rule that vassal state in the manner as prescribed by the ruling power which in this case was Rome.
Herod did not rule a free and autonomous country, Certain limitations were put on the Kings of all vassal states, they could neither wage independent wars or make treaties, plus other limitations, and if they overstepped those limits they were immediately sacked by the ruling power and another puppet put in their place.
Subduction wrote……… By Wikipedia User:Andrew c, CC BY 3.0, File:First century Iudaea province.gif - Wikimedia Commons
The Anointed....... There was no contradiction my friend, and your Wikipedia User:Andrew c, Appears to be another nonbelieving biblical ignoramus trying, in its vain attempt to denigrate the truth as revealed in scripture.
Subduction wrote……… Last warning, no name calling. And please do not tell falsehoods about me. Ignorance is your flaw not mine.
Again, drop the rudeness. Rudeness and ignorance are a terrible combination. Openly lying does you no good.
The anointed…….. Not only have you revealed yourself to be biblically and historically ignorant, you, who call others, ignorant, lying, pathetic fraudulent people, now reveal yourself to be a downright hypocrite.
To be continued,

Continued from previous post.

Subduction wrote……… And like it or not the census of Quirinius was a census. You are not using an equivocation fallacy. You are probably not even fooling yourself with such a weak argument. Also you are either lying or ignorant of where Quirinius was in Turkey. He was not in southern Turkey. You want him there to give your false story a glimmer of hope he was in central and north central Turkey.

The Anointed……. Quirinius led a campaign against the Homonadenses, a tribe based in the mountainous region of Galatia and Cilicia, around 6-5 B.C., when the census of 6 B.C., was being taken.

The Amanus range in southern Turkey is where the Taurus Mountains are pushed up as three tectonic plates come together. The Amanus is a natural frontier: west is Cilicia, east is Syria. The Taurus Mountains, marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses. Wikipedi

The command of Quirinius while in northern Syria lasted for at least two years, and was completed before the death of Herod the Great in 4 B.C. Because Tacitus reveals that the riots that arose around Sepphoris, Nazareth and Bethlehem of Galilee, which town today is called Beitlahm, on the event of Herod’ death, were put down by Varus.

In 4 BCE, with the death of Herod the Great, a rebel named Judah plundered Galilee's largest city, Sepphoris. In response, the Syrian governor Publius Quinctilius Varus sacked Sepphoris and sold the population into slavery. The responsibility for quelling those riots belonged to the foreign relations of the Roman province of Sria. So it becomes obvious that Quirinius, who fought and defeated the Homonadenses in 6-5 B.C., no longer held the position of military commander in Syria in 4 B.C., when those riots broke out.

Having revealed your ignorance to the bible and to history, I now await your return to the topic of this thread' "Updating The Genesis Creation Story."

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I did show that your sources were wrong and they were by liars for Jesus. And no, I never said that about any such census. You must have incredibly poor reading comprehension. You need to try to focus. I never said anything about the Mountains of Taurus. That was your confusion. You were of course wrong about where Quirinius was in Turkey and I demonstrated that as well.

Wow! You do have poor reading comprehension. I already did. I provided a link to the actual book. You can read it. The road translation You posted was not in there.

Your poor reading comprehension strikes again. I refuted your claim by using proper sources that showed he was not in That area at all. Can't you get anything right?, My sources showed that he was fighting in central and North central Turkey. Nowhere near your where you claimed that he was.

Your sources failed. I really don't care what they said.

try again.

Gishing all over the place once again. You seem to have forgotten that the episode you are talking about with Jesus and the coin was roughly thrifty years after Some had taken over Judea and that they would be using Roman money then. You were supposed to have explained the currency under Herod's rule.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Continued from previous post.

Subduction wrote……… And like it or not the census of Quirinius was a census. You are not using an equivocation fallacy. You are probably not even fooling yourself with such a weak argument. Also you are either lying or ignorant of where Quirinius was in Turkey. He was not in southern Turkey. You want him there to give your false story a glimmer of hope he was in central and north central Turkey.

The Anointed……. Quirinius led a campaign against the Homonadenses, a tribe based in the mountainous region of Galatia and Cilicia, around 6-5 B.C., when the census of 6 B.C., was being taken.

The Amanus range in southern Turkey is where the Taurus Mountains are pushed up as three tectonic plates come together. The Amanus is a natural frontier: west is Cilicia, east is Syria. The Taurus Mountains, marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses. Wikipedi

The command of Quirinius while in northern Syria lasted for at least two years, and was completed before the death of Herod the Great in 4 B.C. Because Tacitus reveals that the riots that arose around Sepphoris, Nazareth and Bethlehem of Galilee, which town today is called Beitlahm, on the event of Herod’ death, were put down by Varus.

In 4 BCE, with the death of Herod the Great, a rebel named Judah plundered Galilee's largest city, Sepphoris. In response, the Syrian governor Publius Quinctilius Varus sacked Sepphoris and sold the population into slavery. The responsibility for quelling those riots belonged to the foreign relations of the Roman province of Sria. So it becomes obvious that Quirinius, who fought and defeated the Homonadenses in 6-5 B.C., no longer held the position of military commander in Syria in 4 B.C., when those riots broke out.

Having revealed your ignorance to the bible and to history, I now await your return to the topic of this thread' "Updating The Genesis Creation Story."
Find a valid source that supports this claim of yours. So far you have failed at that.

And remember, whenever it has come to either the Bible or history I have demonstrated you to be wrong. Just a friendly reminder.

The Anointed

The Anointed……. Yes! The history of Quirinius, as you say, is indeed easy to trace.
In 6-5 B.C., when Herod, who died in 4 B.C., was still King and still living, and while the census of ENROLLMENT was being carried out in Judaea, at the time of the birth of Jesus, General Quirinius was dealing with the Homonadenses situation in, what is today, southern Turkey which bordered Northern Syria.

Here is what history tells us. Quirinius led a campaign against the Homonadenses, a tribe based in the mountainous region of Galatia and Cilicia, around 6-5 B.C. [While Herod the King of Judaea was still alive]

The Amanus range in southern Turkey is where the Taurus Mountains are pushed up as three tectonic plates come together. The Amanus is a natural frontier: west is Cilicia, east is Syria. The Taurus Mountains, marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses.

In 4 BCE, with the death of Herod the Great, a rebel named Judah plundered Herod's arsenal in Galilee's largest city, Sepphoris, in order to arm the peasants. In response, the Syrian governor Publius Quinctilius Varus sacked Sepphoris, rounding up the insurrectionists in the surrounding area and sold the population into slavery.

The responsibility for quelling those riots belonged to the foreign relations of the Roman province of Syria. So it becomes obvious that Quirinius, who fought and defeated the Homonadenses in 6-5 B.C., when as you say, Herod was King in Judaea, no longer held the position of military commander in Syria in 4 B.C., when those riots broke out.

1st Chronicles 24: 4-8; Joab and his men set out to take a census throughout the land of Israel. After 9 months and 20 days they returned to Jerusalem

The census of the Roman Empire, which was decreed by Caesar Augustus in 8 B.C., took much, much longer than the census of King David, and would have taken a few years to cover the entire Empire. The completed set of documents, which registered the loyalty of the Roman citizens and the people of subject nations to Caesar Augustus, was presented to him in 3 B.C. a year after the death of Herod the great.

So we now have to ask, in what year between 8 and 3 B.C., was the census taken in the land of Judaea?

The ROMAN census of ENROLLMENT, which had nothing to do with tax collection, because Herod himself collected the taxes in Judaea, as you yourself have confirmed. But Luke does not give a date as to when The census of ENROLLMENT was taken in Judaea, although he does state that it was taken when General Quirinius as Augustus' vicegerent/“hegemon,” in 6-5 B.C., dealt with the Homonadenses situation.

As Herod the Great died in 4 B.C. believing that Jesus was over 12 months old and ordering the death of all the male children two years and below, or all who were born in and after 6 B.C., we can now safely assume that Jesus was born in 6 B.C., when the census of ENROLLMENT was taken in Judaea, while General Quirinius in 6-5 B.C., was dealing with the Homonadenses in the Taurus Mountains, which marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses.

Please reveal your evidence, as you so claim, that Quirinius was not fighting the Homonadenses in the Taurus mountains in what is today, southern Turkey, around 6 B.C. ?

Around the year of 6 B. C., the Governors of Galatia and Syria were involved in the construction of a system of military roads and garrison cities. 3. They had a major problem. The Homonadenses had taken control of a Roman client nation located in the Taurus mountains which traversed the centre of these operations. 4. Syria and Galatia would normally be required to intervene but Galatia had no army and Varus had no military experience. 5. Quirinius was a general and famous for having quelled the Marmaridea rebellion in Cilicia (Libya) in 14 B.C. 6 Quirinius was the one who conquered the Homonadenses nation. This campaign had to have been implemented from Syria.

There are none so blind as they who refuse to see.

Having proved beyond all doubt, that you haven’t a clue as to where Quirinus, was in 6 B.C., when the census of the entire Roman Empire was decreed by Caesar Augustus in 8 B.C., and completed in 3 B.C. I now refuse to respond to your erroneous posts in this thread until you have returned to the Topic, “Updating the Genesis Creation Story.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The Anointed……. Yes! The history of Quirinius, as you say, is indeed easy to trace.
In 6-5 B.C., when Herod, who died in 4 B.C., was still King and still living, and while the census of ENROLLMENT was being carried out in Judaea, at the time of the birth of Jesus, General Quirinius was dealing with the Homonadenses situation in, what is today, southern Turkey which bordered Northern Syria.

Here is what history tells us. Quirinius led a campaign against the Homonadenses, a tribe based in the mountainous region of Galatia and Cilicia, around 6-5 B.C. [While Herod the King of Judaea was still alive]

The Amanus range in southern Turkey is where the Taurus Mountains are pushed up as three tectonic plates come together. The Amanus is a natural frontier: west is Cilicia, east is Syria. The Taurus Mountains, marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses.

In 4 BCE, with the death of Herod the Great, a rebel named Judah plundered Galilee's largest city, Sepphoris. In response, the Syrian governor Publius Quinctilius Varus sacked Sepphoris and sold the population into slavery. The responsibility for quelling those riots belonged to the foreign relations of the Roman province of Syria. So it becomes obvious that Quirinius, who fought and defeated the Homonadenses in 6-5 B.C., when as you say, Herod was King in Judaea, no longer held the position of military commander in Syria in 4 B.C., when those riots broke out.

1st Chronicles 24: 4-8; Joab and his men set out to take a census throughout the land of Israel. After 9 months and 20 days they returned to Jerusalem

The census of the Roman Empire, which was decreed by Caesar Augustus in 8 B.C., took much, much longer than the census of King David, and would have taken a few years to cover the entire Empire. The completed set of documents, which registered the loyalty of the Roman citizens and the people of subject nations to Caesar Augustus, was presented to him in 3 B.C. a year after the death of Herod the great.

So we now have to ask, in what year between 8 and 3 B.C., was the census taken in the land of Judaea?

The ROMAN census of ENROLLMENT, which had nothing to do with tax collection, because Herod himself collected the taxes in Judaea, as you yourself have confirmed. But Luke does not give a date as to when The census of ENROLLMENT was taken in Judaea, although he does state that it was taken when General Quirinius as Augustus' vicegerent/“hegemon,” in 6-5 B.C., dealt with the Homonadenses situation, whilst Varus, the Governor of Syria, attended to the internal administration of Syria.

As Herod the Great died in 4 B.C. believing that Jesus was over 12 months old and ordering the death of all the male children two years and below, or all who were born in and after 6 B.C., we can now safely assume that Jesus was born in 6 B.C., when the census of ENROLLMENT was taken in Judaea, while General Quirinius in 6-5 B.C., was dealing with the Homonadenses in the Taurus Mountains, which marked the northern limit of the Syrian plain from where Quirinius would have undoubtedly launched his campaign against the Homonadenses.

Please reveal your evidence
as you so claim,
that Quirinius was not fighting the Homonadenses in the Taurus mountains in what is today, southern Turkey, ?

Around the year of 6 B. C., the Governors of Galatia and Syria were involved in the construction of a system of military roads and garrison cities. 3. They had a major problem. The Homonadenses had taken control of a Roman client nation located in the Taurus mountains which traversed the centre of these operations. 4. Syria and Galatia would normally be required to intervene but Galatia had no army and Varus had no military experience. 5. Quirinius was a general and famous for having quelled the Marmaridea rebellion in Cilicia (Libya) in 14 B.C. 6 Quirinius was the one who conquered the Homonadenses nation. This campaign had to have been implemented from Syria.

There are none so blind as they who refuse to see.

Having proved beyond all doubt, that you haven’t a clue as to where Quirinus, was in 6 B.C., when the census of the entire Roman Empire was decreed by Caesar Augustus in 8 B.C., and completed in 3 B.C. I now refuse to respond to your posts in this thread until you have returned to the Topic, “Updating the Genesis Creation Story.
Nope. All of this ignorant nonsense was already refuted with valid sources. See if you can find any real scholars that agree with you.

MonkeyFire

I'm the universe was created then it was once a new thing, and one day the angel of new things would grow old and die out of everafter ruining perfection.

The Anointed

Wrong again. I was right on topic. You failed to support your claims. I did not use bogus sources as you did.

And what has your post to do with "Updating the Genesis Creation Story? "Are you so ignorant as to believe that the Luke account of the Roman Census of the entire Roman Empire, of which you have been proven to be totally ignorant, has anything to do with the; "Update of the Genesis creation story."

It's no wonder that the majority on this forum see you for the biblical ignoramus that you are.