• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unsure where I fit, but...

HexBomb

Hi! I'm new, I joined because I really liked the look of the forum, even though I'm not quite sure where I would fall in the DIR forums. Let's see, about me...

I consider myself agnostic about the existence of any deity** (depending on the definition of the word.) From age 7-19 I was an active member of the Lutheran church (ELCA) I still help out now and then. I attended two Christian schools (Baptist in middle school and Mennonite in high school) and considered myself "saved" from age 12 until about 18. Unfortunately for my beliefs in Christianity, I read too much and ask too many questions, and am far too interested in history.

I grew up in a multigenerational home, where I still live. My family has always practiced magic of one sort or another, depending who you're talking to (for example I grew up using a verse in Ezekiel to stop my many nosebleeds) and kept to the old fairy faith, which is probably the closest thing to a 'religion' I have. Just so I don't misrepresent myself, not Feri Wicca or the Neopagan tradition. While I studied paganism in depth in college and after, it was pretty much reconstructionism I looked at, but that pesky agnosticism kept me from going that route. I know nothing about Feri Wicca, or the pagan Faerie Faith.

** I do believe in figures like Áine, Clíodhna, Finvarra, etc. This is partially why I was drawn to reconstruction, however, I am unsure whether to consider them gods or not. For me, it raises all sorts of questions like how do you define a 'god.'

Anyway, I've talked on far too long, and if you read all that, I'm shocked, so thank you, and I'll go hide in a corner now. :run:

technomage

Finding my own way
Hi! I'm new, I joined because I really liked the look of the forum, even though I'm not quite sure where I would fall in the DIR forums. Let's see, about me...

I consider myself agnostic about the existence of any deity** (depending on the definition of the word.) From age 7-19 I was an active member of the Lutheran church (ELCA) I still help out now and then. I attended two Christian schools (Baptist in middle school and Mennonite in high school) and considered myself "saved" from age 12 until about 18. Unfortunately for my beliefs in Christianity, I read too much and ask too many questions, and am far too interested in history.

I grew up in a multigenerational home, where I still live. My family has always practiced magic of one sort or another, depending who you're talking to (for example I grew up using a verse in Ezekiel to stop my many nosebleeds) and kept to the old fairy faith, which is probably the closest thing to a 'religion' I have. Just so I don't misrepresent myself, not Feri Wicca or the Neopagan tradition. While I studied paganism in depth in college and after, it was pretty much reconstructionism I looked at, but that pesky agnosticism kept me from going that route. I know nothing about Feri Wicca, or the pagan Faerie Faith.

** I do believe in figures like Áine, Clíodhna, Finvarra, etc. This is partially why I was drawn to reconstruction, however, I am unsure whether to consider them gods or not. For me, it raises all sorts of questions like how do you define a 'god.'

Anyway, I've talked on far too long, and if you read all that, I'm shocked, so thank you, and I'll go hide in a corner now. :run:
Don't hide, join the party! Snack table's on the left, coffee and soda station on the right, and lost of people to meet and greet. Careful in the mosh pit, there are no safety rails, but beyond that, come on in and join the fun! :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

DSC_0584b%5B1%5D.jpg