• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Understanding the holy scriptures is impossible unless God gives you the interpretation

Audie

Veteran Member
2 Thes .2:11-12 "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned."

Who is right and who is wrong?
Something mighty strong delusion
needed to fill the arctic with mammoths
flash frozen by global flood.

Audie

Veteran Member
Well yeah.

The author had no choice but to word it that way.

The whole Bible must contour itself around stark reality.

Since there is actually no God around, it gets wrapped up in poetic mystique and made to sound as if it's something special and unique appealing to the ego of someone where it gets 'revealed'.

It's a lot like the 'enlightenment' stchik.
I suppose that explains why some
are against contemporary language
edition. They just don't have that misty
mystical ring that kjv does.

Tomef

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
He was making a distinction there between Hebraism and Hellenism, not about how we interpret the scriptures. It’s a bit unfortunate that this verse is often taken out of its original context to justify all kinds of random notions people ‘feel’ are right, and attribute to some sort of spiritual revelation.

Tomef

Would a deluded infallible interprprtist
eat so well as the noninfalluble ?
Could be the infallible would go for the better cuts, with a bit of nudging from the HS. Assuming he’s in favour of believers eating good steak.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Could be the non-infallible would go for the better cuts, with a bit of nudging from the HS. Assuming he’s in favour of believers eating good steak.
The yummy mammoths are described as
emitting a horrifying stench as they thaw.
The undeluded falliblists would notice that.

So far none appear to have been
qwik- frozen except in deluded infallible-
interpreter land.

I'd love to see the Infallible one eat a
12 oz mammoth steak.

Tomef

The yummy mammoths are described as
emitting a horrifying stench as they thaw.

So far none appear to have been
qwik- frozen except in deluded infallible-
interpreter land.

I'd love to see the Infallible one eat a
12 oz mammoth steak.
That’s a shame. I suppose when you’re creating the universe flash freezing techniques aren’t near the top of the to-do list.

Audie

Veteran Member
That’s a shame. I suppose when you’re creating the universe flash freezing techniques aren’t near the top of the to-do list.
But a omni would surely be up to the task.

Anyway I have it on infallible-word that they
was froze so quick they have fresh daisies in
in their mouths.

Tomef

But a omni would surely be up to the task.

Anyway I have it on infallible-word that they
was froze so quick they have fresh daisies in
in their mouths.
Well I think you have to allow someone they call ancient of days a few senior moments.

Now they’re pushing up daisies har har.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
2 Thes .2:11-12 "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned."

Who is right and who is wrong?
Good Scripture!
If you read the context of 2Thess.2, from vs.3 on, you’ll see vss.11&12 applies to the “lawless”, those acting ungodly.

Christendom has been “lawless” since its inception: for instance, killing their brothers. So it’s no stretch to expect that much of what they “believe” are lies, and teach them.

But not all of those claiming to follow Jesus, are involved in “lawless” deeds. Some are sincere, and keep themselves “without spot from the world.” -James 1:27.

Ajax

Good Scripture!
If you read the context of 2Thess.2, from vs.3 on, you’ll see vss.11&12 applies to the “lawless”, those acting ungodly.

Christendom has been “lawless” since its inception: for instance, killing their brothers. So it’s no stretch to expect that much of what they “believe” are lies, and teach them.

But not all of those claiming to follow Jesus, are involved in “lawless” deeds. Some are sincere, and keep themselves “without spot from the world.” -James 1:27.
No it refers to all who don't believe the truth...
"Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, 12 so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
This is significant for two reasons. Firstly because according to Paul, God chooses the believers he wants, before the world began (Rom.8:29-30, Eph.1:4-5, 2 Tim.1:9) and also He chooses whom he will condemn by sending them delusion, not to believe. In other words, it is irrelevant if you believe in Jesus or not. If you were not chosen by God (before the world began) you are bound to be condemned.
Secondly, it means that all Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Jewish, and all other religions, have received delusion from God, not to believe.
That's Paul's deterministic view, in full contrast with Jesus and Apostles teachings, no matter how hard can one try to smooth it out.

2ndpillar

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
That coming from the false prophet Paul, and giving his gospel of grace/lawlessness, it is no mystery why his followers are without understanding (Daniel 12:10)
Daniel 12:10 English Standard Version 10 Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked (lawless) shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Translation: "If you think it's nonsense and have no idea what it's about, that's because you're stupid; but I know what it means, so always believe me."

Tomef

I don't want the most boring job possible!
Let's see...
I already know everything about everything
for eternity.
Now what?
You could invent your own god. A god for god. It could be your antithesis, the worst of everything. The kind of divine being that uses the last of the toilet paper, never tips, puts his/her/its seat right back in airplanes and snores. Then you can have the ten anti-commandments. Might sound easy, but it could occupy more of eternity than a load of annoying primates.

Audie

Veteran Member
Translation: "If you think it's nonsense and have no idea what it's about, that's because you're stupid; but I know what it means, so always believe me."
I would believe the Infallibles, those
spititual discerners, those unnatural
ones with the knack of Right Bible
Reading, IF they agreed with eachother.

As it is, it's obviously just hot air from pompous
arrogant fools

Audie

Veteran Member
You could invent your own god. A god for god. It could be your antithesis, the worst of everything. The kind of divine being that uses the last of the toilet paper, never tips, puts his/her/its seat right back in airplanes and snores. Then you can have the ten anti-commandments. Might sound easy, but it could occupy more of eternity than a load of annoying
Life with no limits, no rules. Nah.
I think i will just stay who I am.