• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine has become a dictatorship, it's official

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Because you made a prediction based on nothing. Therefore, it was a guess.
No, now you have to prove that I made a prediction based upon nothing. All that you are doing is rewording your accusation. If you cannot support it after being challenged that is the same as you admitting that it was wrong.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, now you have to prove that I made a prediction based upon nothing. All that you are doing is rewording your accusation. If you cannot support it after being challenged that is the same as you admitting that it was wrong.

Ok. Let's take a look at your prediction again....

If we were weak on Ukraine? Why not? He was obviously in the wrong there. If we let him invade that neighbor why would he stop there? I am sure that he could find an excuse to attack Estonia. And I can hear it from the right "They are just a tiny country, what do they matter". Best to end it before Russia can begin to exploit the countries that it has taken over.

.....again, based on nothing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok. Let's take a look at your prediction again....

.....again, based on nothing.
No, just because it is not in the post does not mean that it was based upon nothing. If you did not understand you should have asked questions. If you apologize for the false accusation I will still present evidence.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, just because it is not in the post does not mean that it was based upon nothing. If you did not understand you should have asked questions. If you apologize for the false accusation I will still present evidence.
If it was based on any credible evidence, it would have been included in the post.
So again, your post was just you making guesses, and since you provided no evidence to support your guesses, your guesses are based on nothing.
Do you see your error now?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because you made a prediction based on nothing. Therefore, it was a guess.
I think the other posters is recalling earlier
discussions about Russia's expansionist plans.
You likely weren't around then, & aren't as
aware.
A sampling...

Laniakea

Not of this world
I think the other posters is recalling earlier
discussions about Russia's expansionist plans.
You likely weren't around then, & aren't as
aware.
A sampling...
I just looked through all those links, and there is no proof that Russia has plans to invade other countries beyond Ukraine. Those articles cite concerns they may have, and one even talks about Russia possibly having influence over neighboring countries, but nothing about invasions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If it was based on any credible evidence, it would have been included in the post.
So again, your post was just you making guesses, and since you provided no evidence to support your guesses, your guesses are based on nothing.
Really? Then you should be able to show that it is wrong. I made my offer. You did not take me up on it. You never supported your claim and I have no need to support mine when you are too ready to make false accusations.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just looked through all those links, and there is no proof that Russia has plans to invade other countries beyond Ukraine. Those articles cite concerns they may have, and one even talks about Russia possibly having influence over neighboring countries, but nothing about invasions.
They indicate valid concerns. Now you could pooh pooh those valid concerns only if a Russia had not invade other countries. Let's see, has Russia invaded anyone recently?

I can't think of any. Hey @Revoltingest , has Russia invaded one immorally lately? You know, some neighboring country that was no threat to them at all. For the life of me I cannot think of an example. I might have to concede the argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just looked through all those links, and there is no proof....
When a poster ventures speculation about
a country's motives, you should accept it as
such. "Proof" doesn't apply.
Are you using this to argue that Russia has
no such expansionist designs on its neighbors?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Really? Then you should be able to show that it is wrong. I made my offer. You did not take me up on it. You never supported your claim and I have no need to support mine when you are too ready to make false accusations.
My claim was based on your post which provided no evidence to support the claim you were making. I supported my claim that you were just guessing and had no evidence by quoting your post where you made a guess but didn't back it up with evidence.

Laniakea

Not of this world
When a poster ventures speculation about
a country's motives, you should accept it as
such. "Proof" doesn't apply.
Are you using this to argue that Russia has
no such expansionist designs on its neighbors?
That's why I said that it was just guesses (speculation), and pointed out that it wasn't supported by anything.

Now, since you replied to me and quoted my post that was in reply to yours where you said, "I think the other posters is recalling earlier
discussions about Russia's expansionist plans.", the links you provided were to articles where speculation was also being made. Nothing about invasion plans.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My claim was based on your post which provided no evidence to support the claim you were making. I supported my claim that you were just guessing and had no evidence by quoting your post where you made a guess but didn't back it up with evidence.
You never asked for evidence. You went straight to the false accusation. Perhaps you assumed that because you were unaware of such valid worries that no one else could know such a thing. If you do not know it is always wiser to ask for evidence. Making unsupported accusations, and that was all that you had, relieves the person that you are talking to of their burden of proof. You took that burden of proof on yourself with the accusations.

Admitting that you do not know something is not a weakness. I do it quite often when I am not sure.

Laniakea

Not of this world
You never asked for evidence. You went straight to the false accusation. Perhaps you assumed that because you were unaware of such valid worries that no one else could know such a thing. If you do not know it is always wiser to ask for evidence. Making unsupported accusations, and that was all that you had, relieves the person that you are talking to of their burden of proof. You took that burden of proof on yourself with the accusations.

Admitting that you do not know something is not a weakness. I do it quite often when I am not sure.
I've tried asking for evidence from you in the past, only to be told that it was already provided--along with an insult against me.
In this case, I addressed your post for what it was. Guesses without evidence to support them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's why I said that it was just guesses (speculation), and pointed out that it wasn't supported by anything.
You were simply unaware of support
that had been offered on RF before.
Now, since you replied to me and quoted my post that was in reply to yours where you said, "I think the other posters is recalling earlier
discussions about Russia's expansionist plans.", the links you provided were to articles where speculation was also being made. Nothing about invasion plans.
Do you believe that Russia has no plans
to invade any other country after Ukraine?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've tried asking for evidence from you in the past, only to be told that it was already provided--along with an insult against me.
In this case, I addressed your post for what it was. Guesses without evidence to support them.
No, you never did so properly. There are rules to debate and you never follow them. You lose the right to demand evidence when you yourself refuse to follow those rules. You never addressed my point for what it was. And it was "an insult against me". This is rather hypocritical of you to say the least.

EDIT: And I even offered to supply you with the evidence that you demanded and now seem to either have not understood or denied without evidence if you could own up to your error. You did not do so. Your complaints are without merit.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, you never did so properly. There are rules to debate and you never follow them. You lose the right to demand evidence when you yourself refuse to follow those rules. You never addressed my point for what it was. And it was "an insult against me". This is rather hypocritical of you to say the least.

Now you're just refusing to back up your claims, and blaming me for your unwillingness to do so.
Are you ready to back up your claims, or are you ready to just move on?

EDIT: And I even offered to supply you with the evidence that you demanded and now seem to either have not understood or denied without evidence if you could own up to your error. You did not do so. Your complaints are without merit.

Enough with your offer. Either cite a source for your false claims, or admit that you don't have any.
As it stands now, you simply were making guesses, with nothing to support them.
Just in case you've forgotten what you claimed without evidence, here it is again:
If we were weak on Ukraine? Why not? He was obviously in the wrong there. If we let him invade that neighbor why would he stop there? I am sure that he could find an excuse to attack Estonia. And I can hear it from the right "They are just a tiny country, what do they matter". Best to end it before Russia can begin to exploit the countries that it has taken over.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now you're just refusing to back up your claims, and blaming me for your unwillingness to do so.
Are you ready to back up your claims, or are you ready to just move on?

No, when necessary I back up my claims. When you refuse to debate properly you relieve others of that duty. All that you have to do is to quit using insults so often when you make demands.
Enough with your offer. Either cite a source for your false claims, or admit that you don't have any.
As it stands now, you simply were making guesses, with nothing to support them.
Just in case you've forgotten what you claimed without evidence, here it is again:
My offer was more than reasonable considering your past behavior.
Do you mean that I was in error to expect you to debate properly and politely? If you insist.