• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK elections: RF Decides!

Which Party do you expect to be voting for?

• Conservative

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other

• I could vote but I’m probably not going to

• I’m not a brit but I’ll watch the carnage!

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Laika

Premium Member
In my constituency I have four candidates to choose from: Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem and Monster Raving Looney.

In theory I will vote Labour, but Monster Raving Looney does look the most sane and well adjusted option these days. I am in a safe conservative seat so... who knows? What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

Any ideas on who you might vote for?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted to vote Brexit Party but they're not standing in my area now. I was going to spoil my ballot, then, but that is childish. I'm probably going to vote Conservative

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not a citizen, but if I were I would not vote Labor because of antisemitism and I would not vote Conservative because of the racist statements the PM makes.

From what I've seen on this side of the pond, those two parties are branches of the Monster Raving Loonie Party.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Basically disenfranchised by the undemocratic first past the post system (because I'm in a safe Labour seat) but my vote will be against Boris the Liar and the idiocy of Brexit.

Flame

Beware
Not a citizen of the UK but the only acceptable option is Count Binface.

Count-Binface.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
Basically disenfranchised by the undemocratic first past the post system (because I'm in a safe Labour seat) but my vote will be against Boris the Liar and the idiocy of Brexit.
Ditto.

I shall vote tactically, for Labour, in spite of the manifest absurdity of its programme and the unpleasantness of the Trots and Tankies who now run the show. The Lib Dem option is not a real runner in my constituency (Battersea).

In more normal times I was (usually) a Conservative voter, but I don't expect ever to vote for the English Nationalist party that they have become. Any party that can chuck out able and reasonable people like Dominic Grieve and David Gauke is not not going to get my support. And Bozo is trying to set the people against Parliament, a despicable and fundamentally undemocratic thing to do.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If your district is considered a safe Conservative seat, it would seem to me that voting Lib Dem is the way to go. They are a bit too right wing for my personal tastes, but they at least take a clear stance against Brexit, and democracy in the UK direly needs that at the moment.

Voting Labour would be slightly ambiguous these days, and this election will unfortunately end being a proxy for support for Brexit.

Besides, considering how difficult it is to make accurate predictions when the circunstances are this unusual, it isn't too absurd to hope for a Lib Dem victory overall. Even under the current climate that ought to be perceived as a firm statement of how dangerous it is for a MP to insist on backing Leave.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I voted (and will vote) labour. I wouldn't usually but given the brexit **** up i think tactical voting is the only answer. The other parties i could support have far less chance of winning a seat.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Hurrah, Labour is winning! Free broadband for everyone, a four-day week, lots of money for the National 'Elf, and a possible escape from the awful BREXIT nightmare.
But the Tory toffs have promised to plant some trees, and have said they will eventually replace all the Police officers they sacked over the last 10 years. Jolly good!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I live in predominantly Conservative territory - never known to have been otherwise I think - and would normally vote Labour, but for a small consideration, say £20,000, I will vote for whoever, even the Tories. I'm hardly enamoured with Corbyn and his confederates, even though I basically support quite a lot of the policies. I think he is just incompetent, a bad leader, has the least competent bunch of colleagues, and seems to me basically to lack support in the general populace. (You can fool some of the people, etc.) Johnson hardly inspires confidence either and would probably sell his own mother to a strip-joint if it got him into power. Politics here has hopefully bottomed but I suppose we could get even worse - like Trump becoming a UK citizen and trying his luck for PM here when he finally gets the boot in the USA. :D

Martin

I suspect we're heading towards another hung parliament, and continued uncertainty. Ho hum!

Martin

I live in predominantly Conservative territory - never known to have been otherwise I think - and would normally vote Labour, but for a small consideration, say £20,000, I will vote for whoever, even the Tories. I'm hardly enamoured with Corbyn and his confederates, even though I basically support quite a lot of the policies. I think he is just incompetent, a bad leader, has the least competent bunch of colleagues, and seems to me basically to lack support in the general populace. (You can fool some of the people, etc.) Johnson hardly inspires confidence either and would probably sell his own mother to a strip-joint if it got him into power. Politics here has hopefully bottomed but I suppose we could get even worse - like Trump becoming a UK citizen and trying his luck for PM here when he finally gets the boot in the USA. :D

I think of Boris Johnson as a sort of Trump mini-me.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I will probably vote Labour as a tactical vote.
I have no confidence in Corbyn but he is 10 times better than Johnson