• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey Invades Syria

Cooky

Veteran Member
Since when is that Catholic in any way?

Oh God, what did I do this time..?

EDIT : I meant *PETTY*... It was a spell check error... "pretty" wouldn't even make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

sooda

Veteran Member
Both have been helping Assad for years just not through official channels at all times.

So are you acknowledging the US leaders from Bush to Obama lied about the reason for being in Syria which was claimed to be ISIS. Instead that was a lie and really US involvement was about regime change?

Civil war broke out in Syria because Syria was a failed state BEFORE the arrest and torture of the school boys in Feb 2011. The US had nothing to do with it.

Barbara Walters interviewed Assad in December 2012 for an hour.. You should watch the interview.. He acted like he was stoned on Valium.

He kept saying that he didn't kill those people, the government killed them.

Shad

Veteran Member
Civil war broke out in Syria because Syria was a failed state BEFORE the arrest and torture of the school boys in Feb 2011. The US had nothing to do with it.

Never said it was.

Barbara Walters interviewed Assad in December 2012 for an hour.. You should watch the interview.. He acted like he was stoned on Valium.

I do not think Assad is a good leader considering under his leadership there is a civil war.

Go look at what CNN told Assad in 09. They told him the US wanted regime change. Go check out Wesley Clark spilling the beans years ago.

He kept saying that he didn't kill those people, the government killed them.

You are not addressing anything I actually said. Now go back and read my post.

sooda

Veteran Member
Never said it was.

I do not think Assad is a good leader considering under his leadership there is a civil war.

Go look at what CNN told Assad in 09. They told him the US wanted regime change. Go check out Wesley Clark spilling the beans years ago.

You are not addressing anything I actually said. Now go back and read my post.

Wesley Clark is a grandstanding idiot,, He LOVES being the center of attention. Israel wanted Syria destabilized since 1994 and so did a handful of US dual citizen neocons, but that's not what brought Syria down.

First, look at the history of Syria.. they have had more than a dozen military coups and too many assassinations to count.

Since 1971 the Assad clan has slaughtered any and all dissenters.

Shad

Veteran Member
Wesley Clark is a grandstanding idiot,, He LOVES being the center of attention. Israel wanted Syria destabilized since 1994 and so did a handful of US dual citizen neocons, but that's not what brought Syria down.

Again you are responding things I never said. Try again.

First, look at the history of Syria.. they have had more than a dozen military coups and too many assassinations to count.

Again not responding to anything I said.

Since 1971 the Assad clan has slaughtered any and all dissenters.

sooda

Veteran Member
Again you are responding things I never said. Try again.

SE Cupp advocated regime change in 2009 and was smacked down hard by the CIA and US intelligence. Is that what you are talking about?

Shad

Veteran Member
SE Cupp advocated regime change in 2009 and was smacked down hard by the CIA and US intelligence. Is that what you are talking about?

No I was talking about long term US goals claimed by people spilling the beans. Look at the invasion of Iraq. All based on the word of one man and photos of tubes... The justification ended up being complete BS.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sometimes effects are multi-step, the causes are indirect and can be traced back through multiple causes.

sooda

Veteran Member
Sometimes effects are multi-step, the causes are indirect and can be traced back through multiple causes.

I agree.. 5 years of drought compounded by the collapse of agriculture and the oil sector, plus spiraling inflation, unemployment and sectarian strife just blew up when he arrested the schoolboys. Plus, Assad attributed it to over population stating the Syrians wouldn't use birth control.

We Never Know

No Slack
I doubt it, because Trump wasn't all that too concerned about Trump Towers Istanbul when he didn't previously hesitate putting tough economic sanctions on Turkey in order to get Andrew Brunson released from a Turkish prison.

trump-reiterates-no-sanctions-deal-with-turkey-over-pastor.jpg

Doubt is not very convincing

We Never Know

No Slack
I do believe you're right on this. We should remember that Trump violates the Emoluments Clause in the Constitution daily, which is about $.

You don't leave your allies high and dry. He may have some reason behind it that benefits "him" which is what he cares about most.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You don't leave your allies high and dry. He may have some reason behind it that benefits "him" which is what he cares about most.

Able-bodied persons who really care so much about their Syrian Kurd friends should then go to northern Syria and help their Syrian Kurd friends fight off the Turks. ...;)

sooda

Veteran Member
Able-bodied persons who really care so much about their Syrian Kurd friends should then go to northern Syria and help their Syrian Kurd friends fight off the Turks. ...;)

You know Turkey has taken in millions of refugees in Gulf War one and the Iraq invasion and now this horrible civil war in Syria...

Erdogan sure shut Trump down in the space of a phone call. Wonder how he did that? I mean, Trump was blowing loud about destroying Turkey's economy.

You suppose it had something to do with Trump Tower in Istanbul?

Incirlik Air Base in Incirlik, Turkey. Incirlik Air Base is one of the major strategically located US military bases. The base is in Turkey, which means that it is operated by both the US and the Turkish governments, unlike other co-bases.

ALL the Kurds are not enemies of Turkey .. just the PKK..

You know the Turks sheltered thousands of Jews from France and Germany in the run up to WW2.

Why should Turkey or the Kurds pay for what Bashar Assad has done to Syria?

_104890924_syria_control_17_12_2018_640-nc.png