• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tunisia and Egypt ! Way to go

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I hope they find their way to Agnostic truth.
I hope God is with us, in Egypt also...since those people are so violent.
they don't even thank Mubarak for the clothes on their backs and the food on their bellys...oh wait, he's a weak leader, and has brought the power of gypts down.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I hope they find their way to Agnostic truth.
I hope God is with us, in Egypt also...since those people are so violent.
they don't even thank Mubarak for the clothes on their backs and the food on their bellys...oh wait, he's a weak leader, and has brought the power of gypts down.
Excuse my comment, i didnot see that this was a DIR.
It seams the Egypts have no choice but violent resistance; I urge people to show restraint...don't allow Mubarak to pegg you as anti-Egyptian!

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Asalaamu alaykum my brothers and sisters, particularly in Egypt. I pray to Allah that He give you the freedom you desire, and to remove a corrupt leader from his post, and replace it with a righteous leader. One who will obey Allah and give freedom to the citizens.

I know the internet has been shut down there, but I wanted to know if my brothers and sisters who live in Egypt were alright or not. I hope nothing tragic happens to them or their families. However, I know that revolutions mean bloodshed more often then not. Hopefully change can come without too many lives lost.

If there is an update from those who witness it firsthand, please post it. I will come back periodically to see it.

May Allah be with all of you and all of us. A revolution needs to take place in many countries. Even those who think they are free are not.

maro

muslimah
the internet came back

sister fatima ,thanks for correcting me regarding the hadith

Heres what prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said about these situations:

لا للخروج على الحكاام ما أقاموا فينا الصلاة, هكذا امرنا الرسول صلى الله عليه و سلم

عن عوف بن مالك عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال:

" خيار أئمتكم الذين تحبونهم ويحبونكم ويصلون عليكم وتصلون عليهم وشرار أئمتكم الذين تبغضونهم ويبغضونكم وتلعنونهم ويلعنونكم قيل يا رسول الله أفلا ننابذهم بالسيف فقال لا ما أقاموا فيكم الصلاة وإذا رأيتم من ولاتكم شيئا تكرهونه فاكرهوا عمله ولا تنزعوا يدا من طاعة
خيار أئمتكم الذين تحبونهم ويحبونكم وتصلون عليهم ويصلون عليكم وشرار أئمتكم الذين تبغضونهم ويبغضونكم وتلعنونهم ويلعنونكم قالوا قلنا يا رسول الله أفلا ننابذهم عند ذلك قال لا ما أقاموا فيكم الصلاة لا ما أقاموا فيكم الصلاة ألا من ولي عليه وال فرآه يأتي شيئا من معصية الله فليكره ما يأتي من معصية الله ولا ينزعن يدا من طاعة "

رواه مسلم

If anyone could find the translation of it I would be thankful
I was blind and now I learnt, and then you have the following:

وكان الحسن البصري يقول : "إن الحجاج عذاب الله فلا تدفعوا عذاب الله بأيديكم ولكن عليكم بالاستكانة والتضرع " فإن الله تعالى يقول: {وَلَقَدْ أَخَذْنَاهُمْ بِالْعَذَابِ فَمَا اسْتَكَانُوا لِرَبِّهِمْ وَمَا يَتَضَرَّعُونَ} " المؤمنون 76 ) هذا و قد كان البصري من المطلوبين عند الحجاج, اي كما نقول الان في لائحته السوداء.

قال ابن تيمية :
" وقلَّ من خرج على إمام ذي سلطان إلا كان ما تولد على فعله من الشر أعظم مما تولد من الخير"

So dear dear egyptian brothers and sisters be aware of disobeying Allah orders, and please send this to anyone you know Barakallahu feekum

I ask Allah everyday in my prayers that He perserves you all, wallahul Musta'ane wala hawla wala Quwatta ila Billah

what's meant by أقاموا فيكم الصلاة

do you agree with me that the meaning is that they don't become a barrier between the people and their religion ?
if so..then i tell you that they are a barrier between the people and their religion in every direct and indirect way

and with all respect to ibn taymya...his opinion is not part of my religion...and i dare to differ

maro

muslimah
Abibi said:
Is there a chance the military would try to install its own dictator?

I think they have already answered for that...No ,there's no chance.

If there is an update from those who witness it firsthand, please post it. I will come back periodically to see it.

the only channel that tells the entire truth is al jazeera...watch it if you can

Sahar

Mayada, do you see how they returned the internet after they divided the Egyptians and caused this chaos?

Sahar

What drives me crazy is that after the "smart" speech by this called "Mubarak" that played on people's emotions (the Egyptian people are very emotional which is an extreme disadvantage in a situation like this) and many people who proved that they are extremely naive, forgot about the more than 300 killed and the thousands who were injured..a few moments made them forget all this blood, forget about the brutal beating of protesters, forget about 30 years of corruption and injustice!! If anything, the current events prove how this decayed regime is the biggest hypocrite and the dirtiest criminal...I want to know where is the army from all this? Did they receive orders to leave this chaos without intervention? There are no people of honor at all?!!

Last edited:

Sahar

Tunisia who could indeed remove its tyrannt and now arrested the minister of interior, its casualties are much less than of the Egyptians and now the number of killed and injured are increasing...

Again where the hell is the army?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I'm extremely confused about what should be done now!!!

The situation is disastrous, and Mobarak doesn't seem to be sincere (just like every time!)
His promises are too fake for most of the people.

I'm waiting for an official response from Ahmed Shafea' or Mobarak himself. I really hope that my hopes for their sincerity won't go in vein!!

I really want to believe them, because the chaos and the divisions are more than what Egypt would take!

Sahar

Believe what Ahmed?!! While he was speaking about "reforms", the internet was shut down, Al-Jazeera was banned, trains were suspended...thugs and criminals were freed from their prisons, in addition to the police terrorism...After today's events and chaos, I have zero faith in Mubarak (although yesterday I said lets give him a chance)...but after such terrorism, this man should be removed and prosecuted...
But I am afraid any more demonstration will lead to more chaos as it appears the army doesn't want to intervene (why? This is a big question)....and with no army, real chaos is happening...

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The dawn will be coming soon, incha'Allah! And after hardship there must come ease!!

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm extremely confused about what should be done now!!!

The situation is disastrous, and Mobarak doesn't seem to be sincere (just like every time!)
His promises are too fake for most of the people.

I'm waiting for an official response from Ahmed Shafea' or Mobarak himself. I really hope that my hopes for their sincerity won't go in vein!!

I really want to believe them, because the chaos and the divisions are more than what Egypt would take!

In a situation like this, its very easy to get confused and make costly mistakes. Everybody has something to say, every body is trying to pull people in a certain direction, and all of these forces are pulling only for their interest. We should consider what were our goals, where we stand right now, and then decide.

Based on that, i think its safe to say its not the wisest decision to keep protesting. I participated in 'anger Friday', and i think what we did starting from 25 January up until yesterday is an amazing achievement, and an amazing time all around. However, after the speech, the decisions that have been made so far, and the disastrous security concerns (along with other problems like the status of our economy), i think that to keep protesting is not a wise decision at all. Its time to calm down. Regardless of whether Mubarak was sincere or not, he did make a remarkable speech. He did reach the hearts of millions of Egyptians and now they are starting to change their attitude completely. He declared outright that he won't enter the next election, and covered all the other demands. He was clear, direct, and has put his opposing parties in an embarrassing situation which at least for me exposed (it wasn't really hidden, but now its really obvious) what they really are & what they're after. He also appealed in more than one way to people's emotions. Remember that he indeed was once a hero who fought for this country's liberty and safety. I do think he is a bad president, but i'm just saying we shouldn't let our emotions take us too far.

Put in mind also the role the media in general is playing in this. Pretty much non of them are showing objective reports of whats going on. When the first protest took place, and i was shocked to realize that this number of people hit the streets in protest, and after watching the videos about it (which gave me the impression that cops are just beating the hell out of people for no reason), i got pretty worked up and went to the streets having in mind that i will be in a fight for my life with the cops. While this indeed happened in some cases, the march i was in wasn't at all touched until a certain point when the night came and the trouble already started. At first they were just forming a line ahead of us, and when we started trying to go by them they fired two tear gas bombs and that was it. We got by them and after a couple of hours of minimal police interference they would just let us by. People hugged the security guys, and some of them who were in the armored vehicles going by were waving to us. None of this have been on TV, or at least i didn't see it. If it was, it certainly didn't take a fair time compared to the violence. I'm not saying the cops were great, some of them were criminals, but some of them were heroes who were just trying to do their jobs, which is providing security. Not every violence instance was started by the cops. The media in my opinion was inciting people.

So in a nutshell what i'm saying is, we did make a great achievement, people have changed, things will not be the same as they were. There are terrible side effects to this, which if goes on any longer will turn into something non of us wants for the country. We must take it easy, take our breath, allow things to get rolling again, and then after a certain period if we're not satisfied or have been tricked it won't be the end of the world, we have plenty to do about it then.

Last edited:

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I kind of support what Badran says. I've been protesting with the people since 25th of Jan.
I was partly touched by Mubarak's speech and was willing to give a chance for the new government. But after what happened today, and after all the chaos, I'm rethinking again everything.

maro

muslimah
I disagree with badran...we either finish what we have started or we will lose everything...it's now or never

maro

muslimah
I'm not that confident. Part of me supports what you say, Mayada, but another part is still confused.

then let's all say this doa' , Ahmad

اللهم ارنا الحق حقا وارزقنا اتباعه , و ارنا الباطل باطلا و ارزقنا اجتنابه

Sahar

The Egyptian state television and other non state Egyptian channels are all crazy and hypocrites..."Muslim brotherhood are behind this" a talk show host said on Al-Mehwar channel and they hosted a girl (with hiding her face) claiming she was trained by Jews in the US to overthrow the regime!!!:areyoucra :areyoucra Just a few hours ago, most people praised the young Egyptians for their uprising, but now they turned against them...what is wrong with these people?