• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tumblr to ban 'adult content'

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Buddhist dont see sex between husband and wife as bad, but it all the other stuff that is not good. But to atain enlightenment one need to let go of all attachments to life. one does not need sex to live a happy life. But for me who live with a woman yes we do have sex from time to time. But i dont get caught up in it. As you maybe know. Buddhists live in the moment

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That's almost certainly because like all the other religions Buddhist's consider sex to be bad, sinful and something to keep away from. (your words) "Let go of"

Well, sex does have a tendency to produce desires and attachments, which in a Buddhist system is something to be avoided.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Two things strike me about all this thread.

1. The US authorities want to get sex off the internet, but do nothing about the promotion of violence and political extremism there.

2. The Baha'i have crawled out from behind their "sweetness and light" image to show they're just as intolerant as the Christians and Muslims.
Ouch, but succinct!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, sex does have a tendency to produce desires and attachments, which in a Buddhist system is something to be avoided.
I've encountered other spokespeople from Buddhism and have developed a much larger view of attachment. I doubt Buddha intended people to take his advice to extremes.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
Buddhist dont see sex between husband and wife as bad, but it all the other stuff that is not good. But to atain enlightenment one need to let go of all attachments to life. one does not need sex to live a happy life. But for me who live with a woman yes we do have sex from time to time. But i dont get caught up in it. As you maybe know. Buddhists live in the moment

You are seriously missing out my friend. God designed sex and said it was good, you saying he's wrong. Being sexual is part of being human and flowing with our God given genetics. What religious people try and do is deny themselves so they can feel more holy and enlightened. Its total bull ****.

Trackdayguy

Nothing wrong with desire unless it becomes an addiction, and nothing wrong with attachments, unless they become unhealthy. It's all fear.

Lets not eat so we dont get fat, or have a beer in case I become an alcoholic. REALLY.............

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Evidently then, you're asexual. Interesting. One doesn't across asexuals very often.

I have only those kind of thoughts/feelings toward my fiaceè. but if we dont have any sexual activities for longer times it does not bother me. as i said earlier, i live in the moment what was is gone, what has not yet happen does not worry or make me think of it. after 20 years of meditation i can controll my feelings

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why are religious people so obsessed with sex. One has to wonder who has the problem here.
It is a wonderment. It's almost as if they have an attachment to it in a weird sort of way.

"In today's Sunday school lesson we're going to talk about one of my, and hopefully your, favorite subjects: SEX. Can everyone say it along with me?
'S E X' Wow! That's very good. And what's the first sixteen things we've learned about sex?

'Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .'
Excellent. And what's the second sixteen things we've learned?

'Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .
Don't. . . . .'
Very good. And isn't talking about sex fun? Sure it is. Let's all take a break and cool off before we continue. Johnny, do you want to come with me to cool off?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I have only those kind of thoughts/feelings toward my fiaceè. but if we dont have any sexual activities for longer times it does not bother me. as i said earlier, i live in the moment what was is gone, what has not yet happen does not worry or make me think of it. after 20 years of meditation i can controll my feelings
But why would you want to control your sexual feelings toward your fiancee? Don't you enjoy those sexual feelings?

Trackdayguy

But why would you want to control your sexual feelings toward your fiancee? Don't you enjoy those sexual feelings?

Most religious people believe that denying the desires of the flesh makes one more holy and pure, they seem to forget that it was God who put those desires in us.

How twisted is that....

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
You are seriously missing out my friend. God designed sex and said it was good, you saying he's wrong. Being sexual is part of being human and flowing with our God given genetics. What religious people try and do is deny themselves so they can feel more holy and enlightened. Its total bull ****.
I think you're being very rude. Sex is sex. It's not the be all and end all of life. If he wishes to live a more chaste lifestyle, that's fine. You also need to stop assuming everyone believes in your god. You obviously know nothing about Buddhism. Of course, I expect you to just ignore this post like you ignore all my replies to you. I wonder if you actually have me on ignore.