• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to Find My Religion

So I use to be a Asatru, but I left because I couldn't understand or favor the idea of gods, but I also want Spiritual beliefs, I need some kind of Spirituality to guide me and keep me going, but I's trying to find one with no luck.
Basically I'm searching for a religion which has a belief in the afterlife, I'm trying to find a religion to join that says you can create your own or you go to your own world, or something of that sort. I'm opened to other spiritual ideas, but I have trouble trying to believe in gods, no matter how hard I try I just seem to can't get by the idea of a god, but i guess I can try again. Any of you guys know anything? Just curious.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So I use to be a Asatru, but I left because I couldn't understand or favor the idea of gods, but I also want Spiritual beliefs, I need some kind of Spirituality to guide me and keep me going, but I's trying to find one with no luck.
Basically I'm searching for a religion which has a belief in the afterlife, I'm trying to find a religion to join that says you can create your own or you go to your own world, or something of that sort. I'm opened to other spiritual ideas, but I have trouble trying to believe in gods, no matter how hard I try I just seem to can't get by the idea of a god, but i guess I can try again. Any of you guys know anything? Just curious.

Do you desire a community and set structure of how to mature in your faith or more a spiritual grounding and practice that you can practice alone?

Maybe others can help you with the first. My advice is to not jump in all at once.

The latter, write your morals and values. How do you define the afterlife. What type of practices attract you?

Who says you cannot make up your own afterlife? Think about it. We dont know. A lot is based on what we wish not what we know.

What do you want to be true and live it. That is religion. Churches like UU and pagan oriented churches may be more open minded to help you out with rituals. As for beliefs, that comes from you.

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
...... I need some kind of Spirituality to guide me and keep me going, but I's trying to find one with no luck.......Basically I'm searching for a religion which has a belief in the afterlife, I'm trying to find a religion to join that says you can create your own or you go to your own world, or something of that sort....... I'm opened to other spiritual ideas,....... Any of you guys know anything? Just curious.
Peace be on you.
Some of your requirements can be met at
https://www.alislam.org/books/

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Give Lord Mazda a go and visit us anytime for questions in the Zoroastrian DIR ;)

I'm searching for a religion which has a belief in the afterlife

CrazyAfterlife

I'm curious as to why life on the other side is so important to a person whose life in this world is just beginning? You are so young... But be that as it may, I have had many dreams about the afterlife including one that came to me not long after my mother died, quoted here below ...

I see my mother in a dream. She wears the nightgown she used to wear, the pink one with the flower pattern... Or maybe it was babies or angels, I don't recall. In any case, it’s made of something soft, like cotton or flannel. Her demeanor is quite serene and she smiles that gentle, loving smile I always found so comforting.

Although she's older in the dream, her skin seems smooth and bright (of course this could be on account of the facial cream… Do they have facial cream in heaven?). The soft features I loved so much are clear and vivid. In every other dream I've had about my mother, she is more a "presence" than a "person." In this dream however, there's nothing ghostly, elusive or amorphous about her. Indeed, I almost feel as if I could reach out and touch her soft cheek. Anyway, when I make the following remark, "Mom, you seem so real, so clear ..." she just smiles in response.

I ask her the following question "What is it like there (in heaven)? You know you could help me - I'm writing a book about this stuff." "Mostly fun" she replies, "Sometimes stupid. It's a preparation ground for (the statement is left unfinished but I suspect it has something to do with transmigration).” Then she makes a remark about my book that prompts me to explain why it's taking so long to finish: "There are so many books out there with stupid ideas. I don't want mine to be one of those!"

My mother offers a remark in the course of the dream which leads me to believe she knows my thoughts. Although I don't recall what it was, I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with my father, since I've been thinking about him a lot. "You know my thoughts!" I exclaim, "But do you know all of them or just some?" I don't recall her answer but intuition tells me that she picks up my thoughts and feelings when they are especially strong, important or intense...

You are welcome to visit the website for the house of we, a religion I am shaping from the messages in my dreams including those about the world to come ...

http://theshifting.org/

334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

Have you considered Unitarian Universalism? UU has a big emphasis on everyone having their own journey and figuring out exactly what their beliefs are, while providing a community in which we celebrate diversity and seek solutions for a better world.

Jedster

Hello and welcome CrazyAfterlife.
I would suggest that you just spend time reading through the DIRs to get ideas of what resonates with your self. No point in forcing belief.
Enjoy.

mystic64

nolonger active
Hi and welcome CrazyAfterLife! I very much agree with Jedster in post #7 :) . Wander around this message board and have a look at things. See how a variety of folks approach religion and non religion. And if you find topics while you are wandering around the message board that you would like post a comment(s) in, don't be shy about posting :) . If you are in a DIR, then there are some special rules that you should probably follow. But other than that, most forums are pretty wide open, just have fun and try to be nice :) .

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

We Shia Muslims believe that God is just and merciful, He will reward the good-doers and will grant them Paradise..

Tumah

Veteran Member
Trying to Find My Religion

Having you checked in the cracks of the couch? I find a lot of stuff somehow ends up there, so I'd recommend looking there first. You know, because when you sit down the angle causes stuff to just fall out into there.
Do you have kids? If yes, its going to be much harder to find. Look in anything with doors: cabinets, drawers, kids' toys. I notice kids like to put stuff "away"

If nothing shows up, I can try to come up with some other ideas.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

So it sounds to me like you are looking for a religion with all the appeal of a computer game? Do you care about truth, or just finding something that suits you?