• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Judge Indefinitely Postpones Trump's Trial In FL

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Probably basically on this forum.

Anyway, I would bet that to most "foreigners" they both look like American politicians first and foremost. Remember, I have a lot lot lot of experience with "foreigners" having lived in and visited both Europe and Asia.
How about the major difference of Trump
singularly attempting a coup....to over-turn an
election using conspiracy, fraud, insurrection & fiat?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Media partisans. Why haven’t the actual lawyers prosecuting the case moved to disqualify the judge? It’s not as clear cut as media pundits and forum “experts” try to make it seem.
In a sense you are a media partisan, too. You're using an internet forum to offer your perspective as an expert in law, So my question is why your opinion is more accurate and complete than someone hired by a news organization. And you are one voice, and I'm hearing different takes on the documents case and judge Cannon than you offer. You sound more sympathic to judge Cannon doing a status quo job, yet I can't ignore than sjhe has made some bad rulings that have been overturned on appeal. And also that she has avoided making decisions that can be appealed. I'm looking at the pattern of her behavior, and it suggests to me that she is biased towards Trump.

I have heard other legal experts explain how she could manage this trial and protect national security and woitnesses, and move ahead with the case. It concerns me that she could dismiss this case without cause, and Trump would avoid accountability due to double jeopardy protection.

I'm aware that there is judicial review of judges, and there are ways to have them removed from cases, or even removed from a bench. Frankly I see good reason for her to be removed for the sake of public trust. If she were to select a jury, and then dismiss the case as a prejudicial ct for Trump, I've not heard any legal expert expalin how she face any consequences. That is a lot of power and responsibility judges have.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No, I see some differences being an American. But they also have many similarities. First and foremost being that they both suck. I think it's so sad that this is what we can offer as leaders of the free world.
"Suck" is hardly very descriptive -- it is open to so very many interpretations. A little precision would help us understand what you dislike about each (or both) of them.

Watchmen

Premium Member
In a sense you are a media partisan, too. You're using an internet forum to offer your perspective as an expert in law, So my question is why your opinion is more accurate and complete than someone hired by a news organization. And you are one voice, and I'm hearing different takes on the documents case and judge Cannon than you offer. You sound more sympathic to judge Cannon doing a status quo job, yet I can't ignore than sjhe has made some bad rulings that have been overturned on appeal. And also that she has avoided making decisions that can be appealed. I'm looking at the pattern of her behavior, and it suggests to me that she is biased towards Trump.

I have heard other legal experts explain how she could manage this trial and protect national security and woitnesses, and move ahead with the case. It concerns me that she could dismiss this case without cause, and Trump would avoid accountability due to double jeopardy protection.

I'm aware that there is judicial review of judges, and there are ways to have them removed from cases, or even removed from a bench. Frankly I see good reason for her to be removed for the sake of public trust. If she were to select a jury, and then dismiss the case as a prejudicial ct for Trump, I've not heard any legal expert expalin how she face any consequences. That is a lot of power and responsibility judges have.
Really, we here posting on RF are the media? You really don’t see the difference?

And why don’t you answer my question?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Are you really a lawyer? Where did I say any such thing?

I do. You’re the one trying to suggest I said something I didn’t.

What question?
You can’t be helped. You really didn’t see a question in the post you responded to?

☆Dreamwind☆

Yeah, except Trump has gotten fair better treatment in court than you or I would. Such as, you wanna test if a judge keeps warning you over a gag order you violated? I don't. I've seen what happens when they get any back talk or rolling eyes. But Trump? It's a disgrace to the legal system how it's so obvious he's more equal than others in the eyes of the law.
Wish he'd just toss him in jail instead of constantly threatening.

Pogo

"Suck" is hardly very descriptive -- it is open to so very many interpretations. A little precision would help us understand what you dislike about each (or both) of them.
Well I'm pretty sure that Donald uses a straw in his diet soda, Joe may be more adventurous.

Riders

What crime? So far it's just testimony of one word against another's. There isn't any real evidence produced, but I'll wait.

Besides Trump can still legally run for president.the

So it's possible that this could keep him from running?it's my dream come t r ue.
It.
Read he went off at a rally on Biden again.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You can’t be helped.
You certainly aren't helping.
You really didn’t see a question in the post you responded to?
The question where why didn't the prosecutors move to have her removed? Because they need grounds. Don't you understand this?

Your views as an expert on legal matters seems inconsistent with the legal experts hired by CNN, NBC, NpR, and other media that I have viewed. Some things you say are consistent, but not your attitudes about Cannon's actions.

I've been listening to this podcast and it is quite informative. They explain why Cannon can't be removed until she makes another decision on at least one of the many motions she' has before her, and isn't responding to. And she will need to respond in a wat that can be appealed, whic has happened twice already. She has been reversed twice by the 11th ccircuit. If she is reversed a third time THEN there is a basis to move for her removal. She's been avoiding responding to the motions that are piling up. So there's nothing Smith can do. And now that Cannon has postponed the trial we have no idea when, if ever, she will set a date. Judges have a lot of discretion, and they are given trust by the system. There is quite a bit of concern about this judge, and whether it is bias, or inexperience, or both, we aren't certain.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The judge who cried wolf?
Well, he's laid down the law to Trump, and Trump has kept his mouth shut since. That Trump is trying the judge's patience by asking proxies to speak for him is a new issue. The judge really can't order others to not speak. If Trump does violate the gag order he may not face a punishment until after the trial is over.

As the election relies on what the citizens will decide, the fate of Trump relies on what the jury decides. We may see the trial finish this next week. Trump has only one person to call for defense, and there may be others, but it appears they don't have much to present the jury.

The judge certainly wants to get to the closing arguments without any drama, and he is smart to keep the trial on track and stable. Trump wants instability and chaos, and the judge knows it.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The judge really can't order others to not speak.
But the gag order does not only prevent Trump from speaking about the witnesses and jury, it also prevents him from "directing others" to speak about the witnesses and jury.

If they are doing so of their own volition, nothing the judge can do about that. But if Trump directs them to go out there and say nasty things about ..., Trump can go to jail for that.

F1fan

Veteran Member
But the gag order does not only prevent Trump from speaking about the witnesses and jury, it also prevents him from "directing others" to speak about the witnesses and jury.
I can see difficulty in concluding that Trump sympathizers were directed versus them claiming they acted independently.

It’s a new type of violation so Trump might be playing games, and I think it’s important to be cautious in getting sucked into Trumps narrative. We sane citizens demanding accountability are impatient and tired of Trump getting away with it. We need to focus on the verdict. And not giving Trump reasons for appeal.

If they are doing so of their own volition, nothing the judge can do about that. But if Trump directs them to go out there and say nasty things about ..., Trump can go to jail for that.
If he gets jail time I predict it will come after the verdict. The judge has been smart not acting as if impulsive, and he seems intent to not bias the jury.