• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to Withdraw from Iran Nuclear Deal

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Trump Tells [French President] Macron the U.S. Will Withdraw From Iran Nuclear Deal

I suspect Trump is at least in part -- and perhaps more than merely in part -- motivated by a fierce yet petty desire to spite Obama, who forged the deal.

But why I would think a moron incapable of understanding the deal in the first place would yet once again do something merely to spite Obama, and not for any rational reasons, is utterly beyond me. Call it a mere hunch.

Comments?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trump Tells [French President] Macron the U.S. Will Withdraw From Iran Nuclear Deal

I suspect Trump is at least in part -- and perhaps more than merely in part -- motivated by a fierce yet petty desire to spite Obama, who forged the deal.

But why I would think a moron incapable of understanding the deal in the first place would yet once again do something merely to spite Obama, and not for any rational reasons, is utterly beyond me. Call it a mere hunch.

Comments?
A bomb-throwing, self-absorbed ding-dong was put into power by the vote of the Electoral College. That he throws bombs is as inevitable as a volcano spewing lava over homes in Hawaii. I'm reminded about how Pharaohs in Egypt sometimes erased the images of their predecessors from temples in order to further glorify their own egos.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It was a terrible deal from the get go and if the new/old information from Israel recently is accurate the Iranians were not honest to begin with and lied about the depth of their work to acquire nuclear weapons. In effect, the Iranians voided the deal from day one due to their dishonesty with the other negotiating parties. I don't fault Obama too much, he just chose to believe their lies all the while fully expecting that they would not honor their part of the bargain. Deals don't get much worse than this one.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have another clip from the objectively whitest man to walk the Earth.

I tend to avoid political analysis offered by comedians. (Have we really sunk that low?)
BTW: "This video is not available."

Punta Piñal

Heretic
It was a terrible deal from the get go and if the new/old information from Israel recently is accurate the Iranians were not honest to begin with and lied about the depth of their work to acquire nuclear weapons. In effect, the Iranians voided the deal from day one due to their dishonesty with the other negotiating parties. I don't fault Obama too much, he just chose to believe their lies all the while fully expecting that they would not honor their part of the bargain. Deals don't get much worse than this one.
Israel has a strong motive to fabricate intelligence about its hostile rivals, as it has done previously in regard to Iraq (2002), WMD "evidence" fabricator Chalabi being a likely Mossad asset. Iran is strongly supportive of the Palestinian resistance and Hezbollah. Hezbollah and its allies just secured control of the Lebanese parliament. Hezbollah enjoys strong support from many Lebanese for its perceived anti-Israel stance, recalling the decades-long Israeli interventions in and occupation of Lebanon since the 1980s. Besides, if the Iranians want nukes, let them get them. Major superpowers will never give up their nukes, and the U.S. sponsored then-ally Saddam Hussein's invasion of Iran in the 1980s, so Iran, like North Korea (most of which was bombed to smithereens in the Korean War), would justifiably seek a deterrence, in Iran's case against the U.S., Israel, and of course Saudi Arabia. No knowledgeable individual believes Iran would actually strike first if it were to obtain nukes, but only in retaliation. Iran, like North Korea, is a midget compared to the U.S., China, Russia, and even Pakistan and Israel, all of which are major declared and/or undeclared nuclear powers.

Jumi

I don't think he's doing it to spite Obama, I think Trump values the relations with Saudi Arabia and others hostile to Iran. You won't find Macron agreeing with that since they've been going full speed establishing trade with Iran.

Punta Piñal

Heretic
Okie dokie. Do you normally shoot your toes off when making an argument?
Do you have a better argument than "evil mullahs" or anything that I regularly read on pro-Israel media?

Plenty of nasty governments, even Islamic ones (U.S. ally Saudi Arabia), are quite rational actors, despite their rhetoric.

Also, please explain the Saudi (hence ISIS)-Israel alliance in Syria and elsewhere, if Israel is a great ally against radical Islam.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Do you have a better argument than "evil mullahs" or anything that I regularly read on pro-Israel media?

Plenty of nasty governments, even Islamic ones (U.S. ally Saudi Arabia), are quite rational actors, despite their rhetoric.
I've seen virtually no evidence, whatsoever, that the beloved mullahs in Iran are worthy of anything approaching respect or trust.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I am glad we are not
A bomb-throwing, self-absorbed ding-dong was put into power by the vote of the Electoral College. That he throws bombs is as inevitable as a volcano spewing lava over homes in Hawaii. I'm reminded about how Pharaohs in Egypt sometimes erased the images of their predecessors from temples in order to further glorify their own egos.

bombs-obama.png

Punta Piñal

Heretic
I've seen virtually no evidence, whatsoever, that the beloved mullahs in Iran are worthy of anything approaching respect or trust.
As bad as Iran is, U.S.-Israel ally Saudi Arabia is even worse, and actually supplied the 9/11 hijackers. Israeli officials, like the Saudis, have openly admitted to preferring ISIS to an intact Syria, as the "enemy of my enemy is my friend." ISIS apologized for striking Israeli positions in the Golan region. Wahhabi ISIS hates Iran-backed Shiite Hezbollah and its ally Syria, thus Israel and Saudi Arabia support ISIS. Women can actually participate to some degree in Iranian politics, unlike in apartheid Wahhabi state Saudi Arabia. Plus, the average Iranian people (I've met them, as opposed to the rulers) are actually civilised and cosmopolitan, certainly much more so than either the government or the U.S.-Israel ally Saudi Arabia. Please do not refer solely to the Israel-friendly Indian media, as India now has joined the U.S.-Israel-Saudi axis.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Also, please explain the Saudi (hence ISIS)-Israel alliance in Syria and elsewhere, if Israel is a great ally against radical Islam.
Probably because the Saudi government does not directly support ISIS. That does not mean some elements within Saudi Arabia do not, it is just not supported by the government unlike Iran who directly supports both Hezbully and Hamas.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
As bad as Iran is, U.S.-Israel ally Saudi Arabia is even worse, and actually supplied the 9/11 hijackers. Israeli officials, like the Saudis, have openly admitted to preferring ISIS to an intact Syria, as the "enemy of my enemy is my friend." ISIS apologized for striking Israeli positions in the Golan region. Wahhabi ISIS hates Iran-backed Shiite Hezbollah and its ally Syria, thus Israel and Saudi Arabia support ISIS. Women can actually participate to some degree in Iranian politics, unlike in apartheid Wahhabi state Saudi Arabia. Plus, the average Iranian people (I've met them, as opposed to the rulers) are actually civilised and cosmopolitan, certainly much more so than either the government or the U.S.-Israel ally Saudi Arabia. Please do not refer solely to the Israel-friendly Indian media, as India now has joined the U.S.-Israel-Saudi axis.
<yawn>

Punta Piñal

Heretic
Probably because the Saudi government does not directly support ISIS. That does not mean some elements within Saudi Arabia do not, it is just not supported by the government unlike Iran who directly supports both Hezbully and Hamas.
The "elements within the Saudi government" connected to the 9/11 hijackers were high-level royals, the same people who have funded Wahhabi ideology, which ISIS and its ilk espouse. There is abundant evidence that the highest levels of the Saudi government have armed ISIS-linked groups in Syria. So have Qatar and NATO member Turkey, both of which also support Hamas. Hamas is part of the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood and is viciously anti-Shiite, like ISIS. The problem is that, for Israel and Saudi Arabia, since Shiite extremism (Hezbollah) is bad, anti-Shiite Wahhabi extremism (ISIS) is good. Even pro-Israel sources acknowledge that Israel supported the formation of Hamas and other religious extremists to counter secular, leftist, anti-Israel Palestinians, because religious extremists opposed communism and the radical left during the Cold War. Ditto for well-documented U.S.-Saudi-Pakistani support for the Afghan mujahideen at the time, the very groups that later produced al-Qaida and the Taliban. The world is not the black-and-white that governments tell their people. Sure, I hate religious extremists, including Hamas and Hezbollah, as much as you do, but look in the mirror. Had the Cold War-era West favoured secular groups (even anti-Zionist leftists) instead of religious extremists, we wouldn't be fussing about radical Islam today. Unless you are a pro-Israel Hindu extremist or Hindutva fascist, since religious extremism and fascism go together nicely, be they Wahhabi, Hindu, Zionist, Nazi, or whatnot...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Comments?
I'm not sure if Iran and nuclear power is really a good recipe to go with long term.

If politics has gone down to the level of just being outright petty then I would probably agree, but I think there's something more to it as the public rarely receives the full picture.

Punta Piñal

Heretic
Right, debating sources is trivial when you can just resort to the received wisdom of your milieu. The only reason India supports Israel is because U.S.-Israel ally Saudi Arabia is funding Sunni extremism in India, so that the anti-Muslim Hindutva fascists gain power and place India under the Western umbrella, which has happened. Hindutva relies on its own religious and fascist mythology about a pure Hindu fundamentalist India, just as the Wahhabi Islamists have their own mythology about a Wahhabi caliphate, Israel its own Zionist version of a pure Jewish state, the Nazis their version, and so on. If one looks at history, one can see that all these cults are not of local origin, but the machinations of external powers, including (Western) intelligence agencies. These agents are also exploiting anticommunist, anti-Russia, and anti-Chinese sentiment in India, portraying these countries as part of an Islamic-atheistic-"leftist" alliance, in order to put India under the control of a faction of pro-West Hindutva fascists (there are other fascists that take a more anti-Western orientation).

pearl

I believe this is exactly right. In Trump's mind he has no choice but to wipe Obama's name from everything he has the authority to do so.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Call it a mere hunch.

Comments?
My hunch is that he is more of a friend of Israel than previous Presidents. And also less afraid to be bold in word and deed than his predecessors towards enemies.

For better or for worse, this guy is not afraid to verbally attack and threaten the North Korea's. Iran's, Cuba's, Syria's, etc. of this world. These are indeed bad governments and now that Trump has a position of power he can use it to muscle the countries he can muscle. His predecessors by comparison seemed to walk on egg shells.

I am beginning to consider that foreign policy may be a left-handed strength of Trump. I think the South Korea leader even wants Trump nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I tend to avoid political analysis offered by comedians. (Have we really sunk that low?)
BTW: "This video is not available."
John Oliver's talks are a bit different than Colbert, or Kimmel. The people at Last Week Tonight actually research these things, the humor is there just as a side dish. And "This video is not available."? It worked when I clicked on it. :oops: