• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump says, "Fauci is a Democrat"

Is Fauci a Democrat?

• Fauci is a Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fauci is a Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fauci is above partisan politics

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He might he apolitical.
I always respect scientists and professionals

Btw his name scares me. Means "jaws" in Italian....:p
You know...like shark jaws...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He might he apolitical.
I always respect scientists and professionals

Btw his name scares me. Means "jaws" in Italian....:p
You know...like shark jaws...

My dad when he was alive was a very tough guy. Picture a bearded Harley guy but without the Harley Davidson motorcycle. My mom told me that when he and she were dating, they went to see the movie Jaws. My dad got spooked for some reason, and at a part when the skeleton fell out of the closet, my mom said he screamed like a girl and the whole theatre heard him.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The facts behind Trump's attacks on Fauci

What say you?

To me Trump's comment was distasteful, but I'd rather focus on whether there's any truth to it.

Fauci is a smart man. Does he subscribe to partisan politics?
I'm sure he will vote. And, after the treatment his science has received, I'm sure we can guess how he will cast it this time.

I suspect not many scientists will vote for Trump.

Daemon Sophic

The facts behind Trump's attacks on Fauci

What say you?

To me Trump's comment was distasteful, but I'd rather focus on whether there's any truth to it.

Fauci is a smart man. Does he subscribe to partisan politics?
As always with Chump, the most effective way to listen to him is
1. assume he is lying.
2. assume that whenever he accuses another of crimes, then he is actually confessing that he is guilty of said crimes.

95% of the time you will be right.

That said, NO. Dr. Fauci is neither a registered Republican or Democrat. He has served/advised presidents for decades, on both sides, and he himself is an independent.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Fauci has served in several administrations for both parties. He is an expert on communicable diseases and tells the truth as the science determines it, including noting what we don't know.

Trump, on the other hand, is a hack. He clearly doesn't understand a lot of the basics (testing produces cases???). But he has a HUGE ego and doesn't like to be corrected.

So, when Trump says something stupid (which he does on a regular basis) and Fauci contradicts him with the facts, Trump lashes out.

In this case, he claims Fauci is a Democrat when, in fact, Fauci is not registered as being in either party.

But Trump is using this to malign Fauci, suggesting that Fauci is unreliable because he is bringing politics into this, when he *never* has before and, it is clear, isn't in this case either.

So, this is Trump being Trump: someone with the ego of a four year old, who doesn't understand the basics, trying to make fun of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Trump is trying to deflect his own mismanagement of this crisis by blaming someone else, whose recommendations Trump has consistently ignored, to all of our detriment.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
He has had a long and extremely distinguished career and he has always been non-partisan and non-political.

But I would bet every organ in my body that in this election he is not going to vote for Trump.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My money has it that Trump will fire Fauci right after the election. Any takers?

exchemist

Veteran Member
My money has it that Trump will fire Fauci right after the election. Any takers?
Yes, I think we can expect a burst of petty, vindictive behaviour from a defeated Trump.

He will want it to be like the retreating Germans at the end of WW2, blowing up buildings out of spite as they went. But I wonder how much damage he can do. Perhaps not much. A lot of Twitter vitriol and a lot of sackings, I suppose.

His problem will be, I think, that his erstwhile minions will desert him. If they have any future employment or political plans, he'll become radioactive as far as they are concerned. So for example, while he may demand the Justice Dept investigate Biden's son, my guess is it won't. Everyone will be wanting to ingratiate themselves with the incoming adminstration.

I wonder if it is premature to start placing bets on whether Trump will end up in prison...or in a psychiatric clinic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, I think we can expect a burst of petty, vindictive behaviour from a defeated Trump.
I am still not at all sure of he would step down if he loses because he could face many potential charges once out. There's at least a chance he could resign if he loses as long as Pence agrees to pardon him, or he could possibly leave and live in another country, maybe with his close buddy Putin.

IOW, "stay tuned for further announcements".
I wonder if it is premature to start placing bets on whether Trump will end up in prison...or in a psychiatric clinic.
Good question.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I am still not at all sure of he would step down if he loses because he could face many potential charges once out. There's at least a chance he could resign if he loses as long as Pence agrees to pardon him, or he could possibly leave and live in another country, maybe with his close buddy Putin.

IOW, "stay tuned for further announcements".
Good question.
It would be both funny and appropriate if he were to leave and live abroad. That's the sort of thing the deposed dictators of banana republics do. (I once bumped into Idi Amin, on a hotel staircase in Jeddah, in the 1980s.:D )