• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Paid 25%, Obama 19%, and Bernie Paid 13%

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I really don't see any point in him releasing his tax return. I seriously doubt anyone here on this forum could understand the intricacies in dealing with the US Tax Code that would be involved.
Looking at the general level of understanding of business & the tax code here
on RF, I'm sure that whatever most want to believe would be confirmed.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I really don't see any point in him releasing his tax return. I seriously doubt anyone here on this forum could understand the intricacies in dealing with the US Tax Code that would be involved.
I don't understand much about how electricity is generated, but that doesn't mean I want to be left in the dark.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The importance of Trump's tax returns being released is not more obvious than ever, namely to see where his money is invested in foreign ventures, to see which foreign accounts he may owe money to, and to see which foreign nationals may be involved. If Trump was honest :rolleyes:, and even if his gullible groupies were smart :rolleyes:, they should be very interested in his returns, particular because of concern of Russian involvement with both the election and influence possibly beyond just that. Why in the world would a person who's truly interested in American security not want to know what these connections were and maybe still are?

And if Trump has nothing to hide, then what's the hesitation, especially with the "drama" on this that now is taking place in Washington and elsewhere over questions about his connections?

Can you imagine if the situation was reversed and Hillary said...(Naw, I won. People don't care about that).....The opposition would have this running in a continuous news cycle and congress would be moving faster than Roadrunner to pass the bill they have calling for all presidents to be required to release their taxes. But I've noticed with this president that's not so much of an issue.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Can you imagine if the situation was reversed and Hillary said...(Naw, I won. People don't care about that).....The opposition would have this running in a continuous news cycle and congress would be moving faster than Roadrunner to pass the bill they have calling for all presidents to be required to release their taxes. But I've noticed with this president that's not so much of an issue.
Or if Obama didn't release his birth certificate under the same pretense. Hypocrisy from this election is readily apparent.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
One thing we can take from all this is that the notion that one is under audit and can't release their taxes is a LIE. Even if he wanted to withhold his 2016 taxes because of an audit then the previous completed years should be able to be released.

But we know that isn't the case because the former IRS Commissioner testified before congress that they don't have a stipulation about releasing taxes while one is under an audit and releasing said taxes is up to the individual. Additionally, when speaking to reporters, he said it's not likely an individual is under some perpetual audit and reiterated one can release their own taxes regardless of being under an audit.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Trump conned his way to the presidency with RW propaganda and Russian assistance. Now we're witnessing why Trump has always been a joke of candidate. We knew this a decade ago. Don't vote based on someone telling you something, unless you fact check it. People need to learn to use google and fact check statements.