• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump ordered to pay nearly 355 million in NY fraud case.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If what I said is just one line in his speech and is not to be "harped on", why are you guys so eager to dismiss it, and why is the MSM so quick to edit it out of the video clips they show of Trump's speech?
Answer: It doesn't fit your false narrative.
I just provided a detailed explanation. You should read it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Already did in post #1,020.
You didn't understand it then, and you wouldn't understand it if I posted it again.
This is Post #1020:

If that's what all his time adds up to from all the crimes he's committed, then that's the breaks. :shrug:
You: Just answering the question:
Who wants to give Trump 700 years? I have not heard one judge say anything like that. Do you not understand that "judicial bias" involves judges?
You:But something tells me that the answer wasn't really wanted. But now you both have it anyway.
Cheers!

Where did you state your point?

Laniakea

Not of this world
This is Post #1020:

You:But something tells me that the answer wasn't really wanted. But now you both have it anyway.
Cheers!

You just showed me where I posted my point. Need proof? Here's what some guy replied to me afterward:

Your point is incoherent. Not my problem.

See? Even that guy said I stated a point. He (you) just didn't understand it.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" has been re-imagined as, "Be violent and overthrow democrappy!" in order to promote a false narrative
False narrative? Even you can't believe that. Or maybe you do. I don't pretend to understand the MAGA mind, which typically supports violence and moral depravity as does Trump himself, hence the most recent gag orders.

The false narrative is that Trump promoted peace and patriotism. He is violent and anti-American.

Thankfully, there are those of us who can see for ourselves what was said.
Thankfully, grand juries didn't buy what Trump said. They were apparently more convinced by the evidence they were shown than by Trump's obviously insincere words.
Nice to see you admit that someone IS trying to imprison him for 700 years.
I'm not sure she said that. She seemed to be agreeing with your link's headline: "Trump’s Total Charges Could Result In More Than 700 Years In Prison"

But let's stipulate that she did. Or attribute that to me. I'd like to see him imprisoned for more than 700 years.

That's just his criminal liability for the Georgian election interference. I wonder what the maximum sentences for the charges in the hush money, fomenting insurrection, and stealing state secrets, sharing them, and possibly selling them would be. I recently guesstimated about 3000 years, but that might be a tad high.

Whatever that number, I'd be dancing if he received sentences like that. They'd have no practical meaning. He's going to die in prison if he gets as little as twenty years, but many want this man hit as hard as is possible in every way possible. They want him broke, incarcerated for life, humiliated, disgraced, and in a state of perpetual rage. They want to see him humiliated in the next election. They want his name stripped from buildings and golf courses. There's talk of removing his star on Hollywood Blvd. There's talk of the Brits rescinding his honorary title.

And yes, I "admit" that I hope for all of that for him. Why wouldn't I? He has offended my sensibilities to the core. My sense of justice screams for him to receive hell on earth. And you know what? That's what's happening.

What I don't understand is why you want to suffer with him. You're still stuck in the first stage of grief - denial. If you were to work thought to acceptance, this would be a lot easier for you. Until you do, you resist the inevitable psychologically, hoping against hope for some deus ex machina salvation for him, which will never come. Each new piece of Trump that is removed will cause suffering in such people.

I learned this as a hospice medical director. Some family members accepted the fate of their loved one as inevitable. With each new loss before death, they understood and accepted it as expected. It was still sad, and they still shed tears, but it was their other family members who considered it wrong to "give up" who were dashed against the rocks with these serial losses. The experience was much worse for them. Their loved one died a hundred times for them compared to just once for the others.

Or, you could simply recognize that he deserves all of this and join those celebrating the victory for justice. It's much more pleasant. The setbacks are few and small. I didn't care to see the hush money trial postponed a few weeks, or Trump's bond reduced and he given more time to raise money, but just about everything else is going swimmingly.

I imagine it's the opposite for MAGAs. That's the only good news they've heard in years, and it's not really going to help Trump much. The delayed trial will still be completed before the election, and the fraud judgment remains $454 million with interest accruing daily (close to $70,000/day, which is on top of the $12,500/day for the Carroll judgment; his legal fees are over $230,000/day, but he's got his suckers paying that bill for him).

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If that makes you feel better, you go on and believe that.

I just showed that you can't even state whatever point you think you were making. Even when asked directly.
It's pretty funny that you think that my pointing out that whatever point you're trying to make is incoherent, is the same thing as posting where you made your point. Cool beans.

I'm going to go debate with the adults who don't play silly games now.

Laniakea

Not of this world
If that makes you feel better, you go on and believe that.

I just showed that you can't even state whatever point you think you were making. Even when asked directly.
It's pretty funny that you think that my pointing out that whatever point you're trying to make is incoherent, is the same thing as posting where you made your point. Cool beans.

I'm going to go debate with the adults who don't play silly games now.
I thought you said you were done.
Please, make it so. I'm done as well. Bye!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is Post #1020:

Cheers!

What good would it do to give Trump 700 years? I would be happy with at least five and his empire to be dismantled. It is rather clear that he was never an honest businessman.

What is odd is that you used to complain about how the rich and powerful are never held accountable, and now that we are attempting to do so all you can do is attempt to defend Trump.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Banker Involved in Big Loans to Trump's Company Testifies for His Defense in Civil Fraud Trial​

A Deutsche Bank executive says the bank followed its own guidelines — which include independently verifying information — when deciding to lend Donald Trump’s company hundreds of millions of dollars

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...estifies-for-his-defense-in-civil-fraud-trial

Deutsche Bank has been fined for money laundering operations fairly recently. Seems that you're attracted to such people and firms.