• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is bullying autistic teen. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Twelve pages, & no one fully gets it.
But I have arrived to fully set the record straight.

Greta is young & getting her feet wet in addressing the world's problems.
At this stage of life, her efforts will be riddled with facepalmworthy awkwardness.
But she has thrust herself into the limelight, & must learn to endure insults.
No free passes for being young or aspie.

Trump is a boor. Sure he's insulting her, but "bullying"?
Nah. That's hyperbole.

You're all welcome.

So it shows who really has the true power? A tiny little man with a big problem or a young girl with a smaller one? Such that he really feels the need to engage with her? :D :D :D

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The article doesn't support the claim of its title.
You're right. My bad.

Moreover, where's the bullying?
Or is all criticism now "bullying"?
Accusing someone of having anger problems isn't criticism of a person's views, opinions, or even the topic. Greta was picked for person of the year, and Trump's response is to deal with her anger and chill out... Hardly criticism of the pick or her views, but a criticism of her person. That's how bullying usually works. Attack the person, not the issue.

The good thing in all this is that it hasn't bothered Greta a bit. I suspect she thinks it's just funny. She's getting world attention from Trump. Probably the best thing for her media presence. Donald is just falling for it. Donald has played media for years, and now a kid is beating him in his own game. Amazing. The most powerful person in the world is mentioning her name. Can't get more attention than that. LOL!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're right. My bad.

Accusing someone of having anger problems isn't criticism of a person's views, opinions, or even the topic. Greta was picked for person of the year, and Trump's response is to deal with her anger and chill out... Hardly criticism of the pick or her views, but a criticism of her person. That's how bullying usually works. Attack the person, not the issue.

The good thing in all this is that it hasn't bothered Greta a bit. I suspect she thinks it's just funny. She's getting world attention from Trump. Probably the best thing for her media presence. Donald is just falling for it. Donald has played media for years, and now a kid is beating him in his own game. Amazing. The most powerful person in the world is mentioning her name. Can't get more attention than that. LOL!
It strikes me that calling it "bullying" is an over-reach...a mis-labeling
designed to worsen its appearance. It's useful when substance is lacking.
Reminds me of those accusing (with allusion) Bernie Sanders of anti-semitism.
Trump's response is bad enuf without feigning outrage over a fiction.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
It strikes me that calling it "bullying" is an over-reach...a mis-labeling
Maybe, but it is ridiculing someone though. He is making fun of her, isn't he? Or is he being serious? Either case, it's a personal attack.

designed to worsen its appearance. It reminds me of those who
accuse (with plausibly deniable allusion) Bernie Sanders of anti-semitism.
I wouldn't know about Sanders. He's not in my sphere of interest. Trump is though. :D

Anyway, regardless, there's free speech and Trump can say whatever he wants. It's just a matter of showing the world what kind of person he is. He has history of ridiculing people, calling them names, and making accusations, just to paint them in a bad light and in effect make himself look good... or so he thinks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyway, regardless, there's free speech and Trump can say whatever he wants. It's just a matter of showing the world what kind of person he is. He has history of ridiculing people, calling them names, and making accusations, just to paint them in a bad light and in effect make himself look good... or so he thinks.
No disagreement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.