• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is bullying autistic teen. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The White House thinks she's fair game since she "became an activist". Which is still illogical, poor reasoning and a slippery slope.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When you put yourself in the public eye, expect the public to say things about you. Really simple.

Just seems like a slippery slope to me... if a 12 year old ever stood up against an evil in our country, should they expect world leaders to Twitter negative things about them on the internet?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Just seems like a slippery slope to me... if a 12 year old ever stood up against an evil in our country, should they expect world leaders to Twitter negative things about them on the internet?
Yes. When you tell other people in the public your opinions and you make yourself a someone, you've made yourself fair game.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why is the president of the United States cyberbullying a 16-year-old girl? | Nancy Jo Sales
She is known to have Asperger's disorder, and one of the symptoms can be anger issues. I know, because I have Asperger's, and anger is one of my symptoms. Anyway, Trump made a comment like she should control her anger, and "just chill".and watch a movie with friends. I want to know your thoughts.

I also have Asperger's Syndrome, and I've often struggled to cope with anger management issues. However, I realize climate shift happens, and there's no use in getting so upset about this. I'd consider our P.O.T.U.S. as giving friendly and helpful advice rather than as being a cyber-bully.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yes. When you tell other people in the public your opinions and you make yourself a someone, you've made yourself fair game.

Alright. So if I were to say "I think Trump is wrong about..." on RF, which is bound to happen, and Trump gets on Twitter and says "KAT-KAT on RF is an angry person...", it's okay?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Alright. So if I were to say "I think Trump is wrong about..." on RF, which is bound to happen, and Trump gets on Twitter and says "KAT-KAT on RF is an angry person...", it's okay?
Yes.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So, that justifies making fun of a 16 year old girl who just so happens to be speaking the truth?
Making fun of someone isn't a crime. And that someone should have thick skin and be able to take it as she knew it was coming. No public figure is immune from this, whether you think he or she is right or not.

Alright. So when I report his Twitter account, since it's against Twitter policy for politicians to call out civilians, I'm being a baby - I should have expected that insult?
I was unaware of that policy, but no, I can't see anything wrong with it. Again, insulting, or percieved insulting, is not a crime. If someone says something about Donald Trump - or anyone - DT should be able to respond.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It is just so pathetic how low some people will stoop to defend Trump's utter depraved tweets even against a 16 year old girl with a form of autism. To me, it's just another form of "bullying", thus "child abuse".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was unaware of that policy, but no, I can't see anything wrong with it. Again, insulting, or percieved insulting, is not a crime. If someone says something about Donald Trump - or anyone - DT should be able to respond

Fair enough. I should find that article I read awhile back - it stated that politicians have a different set of rules than normal people on Twitter, but that one thing they can't do on Twitter, is call out civilians.

In any case, I suppose I should rethink talking certain subjects of politics. I don't think Trump would really call me out on Twitter, but yeah, the whole "treat others the way you wish to be treated" thing.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
“Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!”

I don't see any bullying here. I see a lighthearted jibe. I was given worse than this from 13 year olds at school and no-one did a damn thing. Yeah, thicker skin.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
“Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!”

I don't see any bullying here. I see a lighthearted jibe. I was given worse than this from 13 year olds at school and no-one did a damn thing. Yeah, thicker skin.

You dont have mental problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.