• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump, forgiveness, and Presbyterianism

Muffled

Jesus in me
Give me a break. Anyone who is a student of God's word refers to it as second Corinthians. Saying two Corinthians is a telltale sign he does not read the Bible with any kind of regularity. He said the Bible is his "favorite" book. His second favorite book, the Art of the Deal, he wrote. He understands the concept of favorite. If his favorite book, he knows so little about, which he allegedly esteems more than the Art of the Deal, that makes him a liar.

I believe sometimes those who are students of the Bible know less about it.

I believe it may be a sign that he hasn't been tutored by a teacher to read it that way.

I believe I favored Graham in the election based on very little information but I don't usually have time to do all the research on candidates. I am not a liar. I really do favor Graham. It seems to me that Trump is much too busy to read the Bible very often but favors it from what He does know about it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe there are many who believe their spirituality is personal and should not be shared. This is contrary to what Jesus wants. Since some people want to know then it behooves politicians to accommodate them.
And some people pander to their audience, and Trump is running for president, let me remind you. Again, I simply am not willing to believe everything he says he is. "And you should know them by their fruits", and I would suggest his racist and constant cursing, plus saying he doesn't need to be forgiven, pretty much says that he's maybe more of a CINO that what you appear to believe about him. Do you really trust him?

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I believe sometimes those who are students of the Bible know less about it.

I believe it may be a sign that he hasn't been tutored by a teacher to read it that way.
This is a typical grasping at straws. Tell me anyone who says two instead of second, who reads the Bible regularly.

I believe I favored Graham in the election based on very little information but I don't usually have time to do all the research on candidates. I am not a liar. I really do favor Graham. It seems to me that Trump is much too busy to read the Bible very often but favors it from what He does know about it.
He doesn't just claim to favor the Bible. He claims to favor the Bible MORE THAN The Art of the Deal, which he wrote. He made the claim. He had time to write Art of the Deal, but a book he favors "more" than that, he doesn't have time to read? He set the standard. Don't make the claim, instead of parading the false claim in front of hundreds just because it suits him.

Last edited:

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
And some people pander to their audience, and Trump is running for president, let me remind you. Again, I simply am not willing to believe everything he says he is. "And you should know them by their fruits", and I would suggest his racist and constant cursing, plus saying he doesn't need to be forgiven, pretty much says that he's maybe more of a CINO that what you appear to believe about him. Do you really trust him?
He lied about the thousands of muslims, he lied about Fox apologizing to him, and now he lied about saying loud and clear that invading Iraq would destabilize the middle east. It seems to me that truth to him is whatever he considers true at the moment.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
What's CINO?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Trump is a pathological narcissist with sociopathic traits. He doesn't know anything about God or the Bible - let alone the teachings of Christ - and will say anything if he thinks it'll be an advantage to him. He's amoral, has no real convictions, is a pervert and hates women. He's a good example of what's wrong with our society.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump is a pathological narcissist with sociopathic traits. He doesn't know anything about God or the Bible - let alone the teachings of Christ - and will say anything if he thinks it'll be an advantage to him. He's amoral, has no real convictions, is a pervert and hates women. He's a good example of what's wrong with our society.
BTW, for what it's worth, I love the Prayer of Saint Francis, including the song.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I don't think he hates women. I think it's useful when it suits him to attack women, but not as a disposition. There are times where he treats women well. I agree with the narcissist as they are more equal opportunity attackers.

Muffled

Jesus in me
This is a typical grasping at straws. Tell me anyone who says two instead of second, who reads the Bible regularly.

He doesn't just claim to favor the Bible. He claims to favor the Bible MORE THAN The Art of the Deal, which he wrote. He made the claim. He had time to write Art of the Deal, but a book he favors "more" than that, he doesn't have time to read? He set the standard. Don't make the claim, instead of parading the false claim in front of hundreds just because it suits him.

I believe my memory is not that good but I am sure it happened at one time in my life.

I believe I am the most spiritual person you will meet but I don't have time to read the Bible. That doesn't mean that I don't know it.

I believe most people do not talk about their inner spiritual life unless it becomes relevant. In an election it becomes relevant. You have no evidence that his claim is false any more than I would have evidence that his claim is true but I believe in taking people at their word until evidence shows otherwise.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I am sure that happens.

I believe there is a legitimate excuse for not believing everything a politician says.

I believe I don't know what a CINO is but Christians in general do not always follow form on everything in the Bible. It is one thing for him to know something about the Bible and Chrisitianity but that does not mean he is born again and Presbyterians IMO are not usually in that category. I believe one may only expect fruit from a born again Christian and maybe the pickings are slim for the others.

I believe I trust him to be Trump.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe you should provide evidence to support this concept.

On TV he showed a great deal of affection to his daughter.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I believe you should provide evidence to support this concept.

On TV he showed a great deal of affection to his daughter.
I agree he's not a mysogynist, and I don't think he's a racist. I do think he's narcissistic.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I believe I am sure that happens.

I believe there is a legitimate excuse for not believing everything a politician says.

I believe I don't know what a CINO is but Christians in general do not always follow form on everything in the Bible. It is one thing for him to know something about the Bible and Chrisitianity but that does not mean he is born again and Presbyterians IMO are not usually in that category. I believe one may only expect fruit from a born again Christian and maybe the pickings are slim for the others.

I believe I trust him to be Trump.
I trust him to be Trump. That's why I don't want him in the oval office. I don't want someone who approves of one of his protesters getting beat up and called n.... . I don't know how anyone could sweep that under the rug and be ok with that for a presidential candidate.

Last edited:

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
I believe my memory is not that good but I am sure it happened at one time in my life.

I believe I am the most spiritual person you will meet but I don't have time to read the Bible. That doesn't mean that I don't know it.
If you know it, then you've read it a some point. One doesn't forget second Corinthians if they've learned it before.
Romans 10:14-15,17 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? [15] And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” [17] Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

I believe most people do not talk about their inner spiritual life unless it becomes relevant. In an election it becomes relevant. You have no evidence that his claim is false any more than I would have evidence that his claim is true but I believe in taking people at their word until evidence shows otherwise.
So

Exodus 20:16 - don't bear false witness against your neighbor.
He allegedly saw thousands of Muslims cheering in NJ.

1 John 1:8-10
He doesn't like to have to ask for forgiveness, he'd rather be good so he doesn't have to ask.

1 Peter 3:15
"I'm defending Christianity so I don't have to be politically correct."

aren't evidence? Remember, he's the only one who claimed that the Bible is his favorite book.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

A pervert?