• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Remember when Mitt Romney was a presidential candidate?

The stuff he believed in was pretty wack too.

Doesn't mean he wasn't a viable candidate.

Crazy is relative.

There are limits. Nit Romney's beliefs are no more crazy than any other ancient religion based on the mythology of ancient scripture.

Trump's support of Dr. Stella Immanuel goes far beyond the limits of sanity for both.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is taken out of context from a 45 minute news conference of a large group front line doctors concerned with the BS being fed to the American public concerning Covid. If you can find it I recommend you watch the entire video; Youtube takes it down every time it surfaces.

Ah, just a small handful of kooks and quacks handpicked by politicians to be propaganda puppets. :toilet:

GameChanger

There are limits. Nit Romney's beliefs are no more crazy than any other ancient religion based on the mythology of ancient scripture.

Trump's support of Dr. Stella Immanuel goes far beyond the limits of sanity for both.

How so?

And how does the relevance differ?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
How so?

And how does the relevance differ?
I can’t think of anyway Romney’s non-scientific beliefs affected policy. Not saying they didn’t, but I can’t think of anything. If they did affect policy, I agree there is no difference. If they don’t affect policy, I don’t care what anyone believes in their personal life.

GameChanger

I can’t think of anyway Romney’s non-scientific beliefs affected policy. Not saying they didn’t, but I can’t think of anything. If they did affect policy, I agree there is no difference. If they don’t affect policy, I don’t care what anyone believes in their personal life.

This thread was about discrediting a doctor on the basis of a couple of wacky beliefs that they hold which have no bearing on their professional conduct.

My point states simply that the "crazy beliefs" have no relevance to the credibility of the doctor being name-called and discredited in the thread and, by proxy, it's little more than yet another veiled attempt to attack Trump.

Would you let a Mormon perform heart surgery on you?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If he or she was a qualified cardiovascular surgeon, yes. If the Mormon in question was a florist, no.

But the “wacky views” of the doctor are relevant in making a determination of her medical opinion. If she does not understand what causes gynaecological cysts then I am reasonable in questioning her other medical opinions.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thank you for the link

I would say "Watch at your own risk" since the video is mislabeled. I see them as promoting rather than dispelling misinformation.
I saw a few minutes, and I agree that they promote. They are giving even more false information

Yesterday I went to my physician, and she said "I don't know if diet is important or has effect on getting sick or not". Disgusting that they allow such humans to be doctors. Obviously she is in bed with Big Pharma, preferring their commission instead of telling the truth. Same I see here.

With this Covid-19 they have a different agenda, which they don't tell us

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This thread was about discrediting a doctor on the basis of a couple of wacky beliefs that they hold which have no bearing on their professional conduct.

My point states simply that the "crazy beliefs" have no relevance to the credibility of the doctor being name-called and discredited in the thread and, by proxy, it's little more than yet another veiled attempt to attack Trump.

It is easy to discredit a charelton both in and out of the White House. Dr. Stella Immanuel openly advocated dangerous non-scientific practices, claims of healing and misinformation that can lead to the death and suffering of thousands, and Trump bought into it. Nit Romney has never done this.

No problem. There are many competent Mormon surgeons. In fact there are several internationally famous heart hospitals in Salt Lake City.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

quote a friend 'Hypatia_Alexandria'. Dr Stella Immanuel apparently knows"The Truth is Out There".

Gynaecological problems like cysts, endometriosis and infertility are the physical effects of demons having sex with humans and depositing demons sperm in humans in their dream world. She says that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence happen because demons and witches have sex with humans in the dream world.

"They are responsible for serious gynaecological problems," Immanuel said. "We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband," she claimed this in a 2013 sermon on the topic, Daily Beast reported. [...] On the issue of coronavirus, she claims that hydroxychloroquine, the drug that Donald Trump has also touted to be effective and says he has taken himself, can treat coronavirus. She claimed that HCQ is so potent that protective face masks are not required.

Unsurprisingly,

" Donald Trump, who has so frequently been at the loggerheads with the top immunologist Dr Anthony Fauci, CDC and the FDA over the efficacy of Hydroxychlorquine in treatment against the coronavirus, has hugely supported Dr Stella Immanuel who received her medical degree in Nigeria.*

On Monday, he retweeted a video of Immmaunel where she made the controversial claim about HCQ. His son Donald Trump Jr retweeted the video with a comment, "must watch."
"

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/demon-sper...-expert-825411

* A country that still believes in witchcraft and persecutes "witch-children".

ecco

Veteran Member
I was more pointing towards the fact that a professional of any kind can believe any crazy **** they want and it doesn't necessarily impede their ability to be an adequate professional or expert in their field.

Sadly you really believe what you write.

This "doctor" related a story of a women who was pregnant with a demon's fetus. She went on to say that she cast out the demonic fetus "right here on this stage".

I hope that everyone who believes this kind of nonsense seek out quacks like her whenever they (you) need any kind of medical attention.

ecco

Veteran Member
Any one wishing to see this rather bizarre video can see it here:

America’s Frontline Doctors Pt 2of2 Twitter Banned American Doctors Dispelling Misinformation About Coronavirus

I would say "Watch at your own risk" since the video is mislabeled. I see them as promoting rather than dispelling misinformation.

I tried to find out who “America’s Frontline Doctors” really were and what their qualifications are. Here a few snippets...

Who Are 'America's Frontline Doctors', the Pro-Trump, Pro-Hydroxychloroquine Weirdos Banned From Social Media?
Dr. Stella Immanuel
Dr. Stella Immanuel is a doctor in Texas who has, let’s say, unorthodox views on just about everything in life. Immanuel received her medical license as recently as November, according to the Washington Post, and believes in a conspiracy theory that world leaders are secretly lizards who are dressed up in human suits.

Dr. Simone Gold

Dr. Simone Gold is a doctor and lawyer in Los Angeles who publicly takes credit as the founder of “America’s Frontline Doctors,” a group whose website was set up 12 days ago, and amusingly appears to be down right now.

Gold has been a regular on the right-wing media circuit during the pandemic, appearing on Fox News on May 21, arguing that patients are being harmed by the shutdowns taking place across the country.

Dr. James Todaro
Dr. James Todaro may have a degree in medicine, but he’s pretty far from the frontlines of the pandemic right now. In fact, he hasn’t seen a patient since 2018, according to his own biographies online. What’s Mr. Todaro doing these days? He’s promoting bitcoin. Well, he’s promoting bitcoin and hydroxychloroquine, it would seem.​

ecco

Veteran Member
So, you found a reputable doctor who still believes in hydroxychloroquine. That is completely meaningless. Einstein never believed in quantum mechanics, Hoyle never accepted an expanding universe, Behe discredits evolution.

But let's look at some of the studies he cites as supporting his beliefs...
From your link...(comments in red are mine)
Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit. In a lengthy follow-up letter, also published by AJE, I discuss these seven studies and renew my call for the immediate early use of hydroxychloroquine in high-risk patients. These seven studies include: an additional 400 high-risk patients treated by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, with zero deaths;
From where? Russia?

... four studies totaling almost 500 high-risk patients treated in nursing homes and clinics across the U.S., with no deaths;
I was not aware that people diagnosed with COVID-19 were being treated in nursing homes and clinics. I thought all people diagnosed with COVID-19 were taken to hospitals.

a controlled trial of more than 700 high-risk patients in Brazil, with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization and two deaths among 334 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine;
Ah, studies from Brazil whose president, like Trump, is a big believer in hydroxychloroquine. What does "patients...with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization" even mean?

Since my letter was published, even more doctors have reported to me their completely successful use.
Science is not a big supporter of anecdotal evidence - for good reason.

But, I think you should wear a medical bracelet that states: "In case of COVID-19, treat only with hydroxychloroquine".