• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump as a Russian asset?

Ellen Brown

CNN is blatantly patrisan. Take anything they report about politics with a lump of salt.

The ‘Russian agent’ story is overblown. When anyone says there’s evidence Trump ‘colluded’ with Russia, asking them how will get you something along the lines of ‘Russia took out ads for Trump’, or possibly mentions that Trump or his family did business with other rich guys who happen to be Russian. As unpleasant as Trump is, the Russia thing really is a witchhunt. But it stays in the news because it’s just so ambiguous that about anything can be construed to feed the fire, and it resonates with Americans’ ever-present national instinct for xenophobia.

Incidentally, the outrage over Russia ‘interfering with our elections’ is quite funny considering the U.S’ history.

So, "Shoe on other foot".

Duke_Leto

Why am I getting the impression that you get your "news" from Fox? Hmmmmmmm?

Because I dared to call CNN partisan. I don’t watch Fox; I’m neither a conservative nor stupid.

What does it mean that Russians may have “interfered” in the American election? They weren’t exactly sending spies to miscount votes or crack voting machines. Saying Trump is a Russian agent is a ploy to cast doubt on his legitimacy as President, about on ths same level as saying Obama was born in Kenya.

Duke_Leto

Here's a video of McCabe saying it's possible Trump is a Russian asset. No interpretation. No partisanship. Just straight up.

McCabe: 'I think it's possible' Trump is a Russian asset - CNNPolitics

Trump is surrounded by people who were apparently constantly in contact with the Russians. And not only that, all of those people lied about it. Over and over - including Trump when he said repeatedly that he had no business connections or connections of any kind with Russia. Don't you wonder what all the lying is all about, if it's all so innocent? And how about all those indictments and/or guilty pleas from 34 people and 3 companies?

Trunp is surrounded by rich people who’ve talked to rich Russians. The horror. Russia isn’t exactly an uninfluential country, and the criterion of ‘His family and friends talked to foreign businessmen from a country opposed to the interests of most of the American ruling classes’ could be about as easily used to claim he were a Chinese agent.

If Trump is lying, it’s because A) He’s done something illegal, B) He’s stupid and wants to distance himself from allegations as much as possible, even by lying, or C) His apparent dementia caused him to forget.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What does it mean that Russians may have “interfered” in the American election? They weren’t exactly sending spies to miscount votes or crack voting machines.
That's not what was said, nor what I was implying.

Gotta go.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It's a conspiracy which is obvious to those for whom it's obvious.
No hard evidence is needed.
Believers are gonna believe, but I'll wait for concrete results of investigations.

It's a fact that tRump has sold real estate worth billions in laundered funds from Russian oligarchs through a loop hole in our legislation. The problem is this is unfortunately legal, but it does put tRump in pockets of Russian corrupt oligarchs. The result the corrupt oligarchs can rely on tRump, and his wealthy associates not to close the loop hole for laundering foreign money through real estate sales by phony corporations.

tRumps violation of campaign laws in up front obvious and not resolved yet.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Trunp is surrounded by rich people who’ve talked to rich Russians. The horror. Russia isn’t exactly an uninfluential country, and the criterion of ‘His family and friends talked to foreign businessmen from a country opposed to the interests of most of the American ruling classes’ could be about as easily used to claim he were a Chinese agent.

Come on now.... China steal tech not Twitter servers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It;s a fact that tRump has sold real estate worth billions in laundered funds from Russian oligarchs through a loop hole in our legislation. The problem is this unfortunately legal, but it does put tRump in pockets of Russian corrupt oligarchs.

tRumps violation of campaign laws in up front obvious and not resolved yet.
That's quite a theory.
You should present your evidence to the FBI.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Why do you assume he hasn't?

I would imagine and hope that if it was found that any politician in the U.S. was an agent of a foreign government then that information would be immediately released and the politician removed immediately.

Why do you assume he has?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
This Trump-is-a-Russian agent is as loopy as Obama being a Kenyan Muslim.
Fun to believe....but one hour later you're hungry for evidence.
It seems to me at this point you have to choose between one absurdity or the other absurdity. We do know that the FBI opened an investigation into the President on suspicion of being a Russian agent.

Option 1. There was legitimate reason to suspect it is at least possible that he is a Russian agent.

Option 2. There is a deep state conspiracy to take down the President.

Both seem absurd. But sometimes reality is absurd.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does it mean that Russians may have “interfered” in the American election? They weren’t exactly sending spies to miscount votes or crack voting machines. Saying Trump is a Russian agent is a ploy to cast doubt on his legitimacy as President, about on ths same level as saying Obama was born in Kenya.
How about flooding the digital media with "fake news?"

I also think we need to clarify what's meant by "agent" and "asset." I'm sure there are legal definitions we should be considering, if we're going to toss the terms around so promiscuously.
I would imagine and hope that if it was found that any politician in the U.S. was an agent of a foreign government then that information would be immediately released and the politician removed immediately.
hysterical.gif

You've got quite the imagination!
You think the movers and shakers are really going to let the public in on the system's backroom machinations, warts and all?
They never have before -- and they've hidden more egregious misdeeds than this Russian controversy.

ecco

Veteran Member
If Trump is lying, it’s because A) He’s done something illegal, B) He’s stupid and wants to distance himself from allegations as much as possible, even by lying, or C) His apparent dementia caused him to forget.
If Trump is lying, it’s because...
A) He’s done something illegal.
B) He’s stupid and wants to distance himself from allegations as much as possible, even by lying.
C) His apparent dementia caused him to forget.
D) He wants to impress his Sheeples.
E) He wants to cast dispersions on his opponents.
F) He wants to denigrate the Press
G) He needs to cover his lack of knowledge and his ineptitude.
H) He's a psychopath.
I) He's a narcissist.
J) He's a sociopath.

We've probably just scratched the surface.

ecco

Veteran Member
You'd think Mueller would have discovered this after almost two years of investigation if there was something to it.

Why do you assume he hasn't?

What you "imagine" about the way an investigation works and how an investigation actually works, are two different things.

Shad

Veteran Member
This is on CNN, front page, so I'm not providing a link. Stop being lazy.

So, McCabe, who ever that is, is thinking that "Trump is a Russian Asset". Well, someone is finally awake! I've been thinking that since 2015.

He included the word "possible"

ecco

Veteran Member
We do know that the FBI opened an investigation into the President on suspicion of being a Russian agent
Actually, we don't know that. The authorization is vague but does not mention an "investigation into the President on suspicion of being a Russian agent".

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James 8. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

DAD77OdU0AA0lme.jpg:large

Stanyon

WWMRD?
What you "imagine" about the way an investigation works and how an investigation actually works, are two different things.

Okay so to repeat my question:
Why do you assume he has?

Because that's what some media outlets told you so?
This is something that the Gullible-Conservative-Right-Wing-Sheeples are especially susceptible to.

Embarrassment for 2020 Democrats after Jussie Smollett attack story unravels

Video of Ellen Page blaming Pence for attack on Jussie Smollett rises above 18M views

Don’t expect apologies from the left over Jussie Smollett ‘attack’ fraud

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Keep telling yourself that while you ignore the indictments and guilty pleas.

It could be any of those.