• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump as a Russian asset?

Ellen Brown

This is on CNN, front page, so I'm not providing a link. Stop being lazy.

So, McCabe, who ever that is, is thinking that "Trump is a Russian Asset". Well, someone is finally awake! I've been thinking that since 2015.

PruePhillip

Hard to figure him out. Someone said Trump is neither good nor bad, smart nor dumb, successful or a failure - he's all of these at the same time.
Wasn't long ago, looking at the political cartoons on this forum, when Trump was accusing Clinton of being a Russian lackey.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You'd think Mueller would have discovered this after almost two years of investigation if there was something to it.

Duke_Leto

CNN is blatantly patrisan. Take anything they report about politics with a lump of salt.

The ‘Russian agent’ story is overblown. When anyone says there’s evidence Trump ‘colluded’ with Russia, asking them how will get you something along the lines of ‘Russia took out ads for Trump’, or possibly mentions that Trump or his family did business with other rich guys who happen to be Russian. As unpleasant as Trump is, the Russia thing really is a witchhunt. But it stays in the news because it’s just so ambiguous that about anything can be construed to feed the fire, and it resonates with Americans’ ever-present national instinct for xenophobia.

Incidentally, the outrage over Russia ‘interfering with our elections’ is quite funny considering the U.S’ history.

HonestJoe

You can’t be bothered to add a simple link but everyone else is being lazy? I don’t think you’re being lazy, I think you’re being dishonest. You wanted to misquote McCabe and didn’t want any links which would make that obvious.

So, McCabe, who ever that is, is thinking that "Trump is a Russian Asset". Well, someone is finally awake! I've been thinking that since 2015.
He didn’t say he thinks Trump is a Russian asset. He was apparently asked the question by an interviewer and answered “It’s possible”. He went on to say that’s why it was being investigated. What he actually said is technically true (the best kind of true) but it does seem he was either led towards or colluded in manufacturing exactly the kind of story you’re now trying to spin up here. That would make them (and you) no better than Trump.

McCabe: 'I think it's possible' Trump is a Russian asset - CNNPolitics (copy/paste. Literally the easiest step in posting this reply).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You'd think Mueller would have discovered this after almost two years of investigation if there was something to it.

Actually no, Investigations like this are very long and involved, such as the comparable investigations into organized crime in the past. Especially since this investigation involves international financial and political involvement with hostile countries that are not willing to cooperate.

Mueller has had to begin at the bottom of the 'food chain' of corruption and move up.

A big issue that has not been talked about much is tRump's billions of real estate gains from sales to corrupt Russian oligarchs.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Hahaha...oh, wait...you're serious...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It's very possible that the intelligence community discovered during the campaign that Trump was a compromised Russian asset, and that that was what led to the Mueller investigation being launched in the first place.

Imagine for a moment that Trump is actually a Russian asset, whether because of sexual or real estate dalliances making him manipulable, and that that fact had been confirmed sometime during the Trump presidency. What do you think would happen next? An announcement of the same and an arrest of Trump? Aren't we told that you can't bring criminal charges against a sitting president? If so, would America then be expected to sit for two more years of Putin pulling Trump's strings.

My guess is that it is reasonably likely that a decision would be made that this information can never be released to the public or press. I don't take the charges that a coup was contemplated (or still is) by the intelligence community seriously yet, but if there is validity to them, what else could possibly be the motive, unless we include the equally problematic possibility that it can be shown that Trump and the Russians stole the election and that Trump is not the legitimate president of the US.

I'm not saying that this has occurred (nor that it hasn't), just asking what we think the intelligence community's reaction would be - what if anything they would do about informing the American people or could do to correct the problem.

Once again, I think that they are very likely to consider such information too toxic for public consumption, and decide to not make any such announcement given that there seems to be no constitutional provision for such a possibility. Trump would sit in the White House as its known illegitimate occupant for two more years.What would become of America then, both at home and on the world stage?

CNN is blatantly patrisan.

I don't see how you can say that. Sure, they report most of Trump's lies and suspect entanglements, but they also report every time he tells the truth, commits acts of heroism and courage, is kind or tolerant, promotes basic American principles like a free press or a divided government. Or are you aware of any acts of great compassion or courage that Trump has committed that CNN failed to report?

The proper way to watch cable news like CNN is to separate the factual claims from the editorializing by the talking heads, fact check the former if important and disregard the latter, instead coming to one's own opinions. I let my PVR accumulate an hour or two worth of their coverage, then watch it mostly in fast forward mode, reading the banners and stopping for film clips while ignoring the talking head commentary. One can get through two hours of coverage in about ten minutes that way, and miss nothing of value.

The ‘Russian agent’ story is overblown. When anyone says there’s evidence Trump ‘colluded’ with Russia, asking them how will get you something along the lines of ‘Russia took out ads for Trump’, or possibly mentions that Trump or his family did business with other rich guys who happen to be Russian

Not this time. For starters, we have the Steele dossier, much of which has been confirmed, none discredited to my knowledge, and which suggested that the Russians had such

Trump's foreign policy, for example, is what we would expect Putin's to be - ease sanctions on Russia, withdraw America from the Iranian arms treaty, insult American allies, withdraw troops in Syria, cozy up to dictators like Putin, Kim Jong Un and the Saudi prince, foment xenophobia and racism at home, arrange frequent secret meetings with Putin in which no member of the intelligence community or State department were invited and for which no records are known to exist, the hiring by the Trump campaign of a seemingly endless litany of high level lieutenants with Russian connections, refuse to spend the funds earmarked for preventing future election tampering, and now talk of the US leaving the UN.

That's a huge win for Putin, whatever his level of involvement in making all of that come to pass. I doubt that he could have accomplished more in his own interest and against the interests of the American people if he were the American president himself rather than just his puppet master.

My question for you: Why does your list of suspicious circumstances suggesting a Trump-Russia connection look so different from mine? Yours seems to be limited to Russian ads and Trump business dealings, items I didn't see fit to even mention.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a conspiracy which is obvious to those for whom it's obvious.
No hard evidence is needed.
Believers are gonna believe, but I'll wait for concrete results of investigations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hahaha...oh, wait...you're serious...
People's beliefs can be affirmed by anything.....like Jesus appearing on toast.
I'm not above this human flaw either.
My atheism is strengthened by random meaningless patterns on my toast.

Dang...now I want toast with breakfast.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Oh CNN. The tabloid sensationalistic rag of the left tooting the horn over the corpse of journalistic integrity.

james dixon

Premium Member
Is "Trump is a Russian Asset".

Trump was one happy camper when Russia helped him get elected. He is hoping that they will do the same in 2020. In my opinion, trump IS a Russian Asset.

Which makes Trump a traitor and those who deny this are setting aside American values to cover his assss.

In my view of things :)-

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
CNN is blatantly patrisan. Take anything they report about politics with a lump of salt.

The ‘Russian agent’ story is overblown. When anyone says there’s evidence Trump ‘colluded’ with Russia, asking them how will get you something along the lines of ‘Russia took out ads for Trump’, or possibly mentions that Trump or his family did business with other rich guys who happen to be Russian. As unpleasant as Trump is, the Russia thing really is a witchhunt. But it stays in the news because it’s just so ambiguous that about anything can be construed to feed the fire, and it resonates with Americans’ ever-present national instinct for xenophobia.

Incidentally, the outrage over Russia ‘interfering with our elections’ is quite funny considering the U.S’ history.
Here's a video of McCabe saying it's possible Trump is a Russian asset. No interpretation. No partisanship. Just straight up.

McCabe: 'I think it's possible' Trump is a Russian asset - CNNPolitics

Trump is surrounded by people who were apparently constantly in contact with the Russians. And not only that, all of those people lied about it. Over and over - including Trump when he said repeatedly that he had no business connections or connections of any kind with Russia. Don't you wonder what all the lying is all about, if it's all so innocent? And how about all those indictments and/or guilty pleas from 34 people and 3 companies?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh CNN. The tabloid sensationalistic rag of the left tooting the horn over the corpse of journalistic integrity.
This Trump-is-a-Russian agent is as loopy as Obama being a Kenyan Muslim.
Fun to believe....but one hour later you're hungry for evidence.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We don't yet know what Mueller has or doesn't have as his findings have not yet been announced nor released.

IMO, as damning as the information about Trump already is, I think it's likely that there's a LOT more to come. Stay tuned.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump is surrounded by people who were apparently constantly in contact with the Russians. And not only that, all of those people lied about it.
Exactly. Either Trump is so corrupt to have known that and thus he cooperated with them, or he was so utterly incompetent that he was totally clueless as to what was happening all around him.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

CNN doesn't print news, STAAAHP. :D

Just because it's congruent with your thinking doesn't mean it's true, either.

Likewise, if there is any conspiracy it's between Obama, Clinton, the FBI, and the DOJ, the liberal media in general and so on. I've never seen such blatant propaganda and government meddling in all of my life.