• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump’s Approval Rating Plunges To Historic New Low Days Before Inauguration

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"American voters approve 55 - 39 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing, his best approval rating in seven years, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. These same voters disapprove 51 - 37 percent of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president-elect."

No president-elect in American history has had lower approval ratings at this stage than Trump.

[Source]

Comments? Rants?

Jedster

"American voters approve 55 - 39 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing, his best approval rating in seven years, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. These same voters disapprove 51 - 37 percent of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president-elect."

No president-elect in American history has had lower approval ratings at this stage than Trump.

[Source]

Comments? Rants?

A comment from an apolitical person, who doesn't know countries politics apart from press headlines, which I have learnt are more than often sensationalist, ie are designed to wind up.

Comment: Polls don't mean very much other than representing the individuals that were polled. They are easily maniplated by choosing an appropriate population sample.
Rant(not really a rant, just some thoughts): Since this Trump person has been elected by your own laws, then give the geezer a chance to do his job.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't see this as much of a big deal. It is noted that there is a 12pt discrepancy in the 51-37 figure. My guess is this is about right. I think most people are still horrified that he actually won, and given that they think so highly of Obama these numbers should shock no one.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Trump has done nothing out of character. A declining approval rating demonstrates nothing so much as an ethical and intellectual lethargy on the part of a shameful citizenry.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I believe that Komrade Trumpusky's approval rating will decline even more as he fails to keep promise after promise and as Murica sees how Kompromat has it's claws in him. Let's start working now to find his replacement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see this as much of a big deal. It is noted that there is a 12pt discrepancy in the 51-37 figure. My guess is this is about right. I think most people are still horrified that he actually won, and given that they think so highly of Obama these numbers should shock no one.
Isn't it obvious?
He didn't even warrant an encouraging Nobel Prize

But as you suggest, is this popularity measure significant to anyone
other than those eager to see mere premonition of failure?
We're in the sit & wait phase. So lacking any real action, people will
seize upon anything which comforts & confirms their bias.

Last edited:

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Polls don't mean very much other than representing the individuals that were polled. They are easily maniplated by choosing an appropriate population sample.

This, a thousand times over. I personally detest polls in that I've never been polled, yet they often claim to speak for me. A poll can't be given to Harvard, and then applied nationally; we're too large a nation and opinions are too diverse.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Rant(not really a rant, just some thoughts): Since this Trump person has been elected by your own laws, then give the geezer a chance to do his job.
Such an appeal did not do Obama much good, and it better not do Trump any.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This, a thousand times over. I personally detest polls in that I've never been polled, yet they often claim to speak for me. A poll can't be given to Harvard, and then applied nationally; we're too large a nation and opinions are too diverse.
It is possible to make representative polls, and even to accurately predict their margin of error, if proper techniques for sampling and analysis are used.

Granted, the recent results are not encouraging. But it is not like polls have to be unreliable or biased.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Oh, I'm sure that they can be quite useful. Half my problem is that anymore I have zero faith in our media whatsoever, and I view polls as a way to placate the masses with "what everyone else is thinking, so you should think that too!"

It is possible to make representative polls, and even to accurately predict their margin of error, if proper techniques for sampling and analysis are used.

Fun fact: You can pretty accurately predict the real margin of error by doubling the margin of error that they actually give.

Unfortunately this tends to result in anything other than a landslide being within the margin of error and thus 'too close to call' :grimacing:

Parchment

[Source]
Comments? Rants?

Oh no.... Maybe we need a re-vote or just declare the election a fraud and crown Hillary as the Queen of
raw

If that is not possible then let's all riot and make America great again, and especially celebrate our free and fair electoral process
20161111001288826192-original.jpg

Seriously though, I'm more interested in seeing the effects of his policy decisions in the long term when he actually does take his brief (4-8 year) hold of the reins of the horse of the U.S. Presidency. Who knows, years later history might show that he was the best president we ever had or not depending on who is writing the assessments at that particular time and what is generally accepted as fact, he might just be a so-so president whose comings and goings affected little to nothing. One thing is for sure though, us members and especially the owners here at RF and other forums should be grateful for Trumps win because it gives almost unlimited fodder for debates and chatter where no one can be really right or wrong. If Hillary had won, what would we be talking about?

Parchment

The questionable things done in her chair by the First Gentleman?

I can't speak for others but I personally wouldn't be talking about it or ever really cared, it seems old hat and I always thought the Jewess Monica was kind of cute in that beret plus I never had a problem with curvier girls in fact I prefer them in many cases. At the time of Bill's presidency I was working in the gun industry and to be quite honest anytime that guy did a State of the Nation Address and guns were mentioned anywhere it wasn't long before we couldn't keep up, he made a lot of money for us inadvertently through his use of the fear mongering and status quo pattings on the the head. One regret I have during that time period is not procuring for myself several pallets (144 pieces each) of 75 round Chinese made drum magazines for AK-47's at $12.50 a pop, a few years later they were selling for about ten times as much.