• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troublemane Explains the Folly of the HEALTHCARE BILL

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I am the only one being honest. People here are claiming people will die if they don't have insurance (a lie), or people will have to choose between an appendectomy or bankruptcy ....I am the only one being honest. I am saying PEOPLE NEED A CAR!
People don't need health insurance to live. They need health care. Unfortunately, the way you get health care in this country is by either a) having health insurance or b) having a lot of ready cash or c) being poor enough or old enough to be on a government run program. Do you think health care is currently free?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Troublemane said:
I am the only one being honest. People here are claiming people will die if they don't have insurance (a lie)

My cousin died due to an untreated bloodclot that formed in his leg after he sprained it, which could have been easily cured with an MRI, well problem is that no one wanted to give him an MRI because he had no insuarance, and the reason he had no insurance was because he just started his own conrete pump business and couldn't not get insured being self employed and all (you know, those lazy uneducated leeches that want a nanny state that you guys rail against?).

Well after 2 weeks post knee sprain and bouncing from hospitals and clinics all around L.A. county, my cousin finally did get an MRI scheduled...too bad it was 5 days after he was already dead from the blood clot that got lodged in his heart.

So do me a favor Troublemane: Next time you're in California: Stop by Oakwood Cemetary in Chatsworth, CA, and walk up to Jesse L. Johson's grave and tell him that he's "lying." I'm sure he'd get a chuckle out of that. :areyoucra

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
DEATHPANELS are a good thing.
End of life discussions with a physician about your living will and power of attorney, on the other hand, are a good thing. By and by, hospitals are currently required to offer to have these discussions with patients. The clause in the health care bill that was unscrupulously characterized as "death panels" was simply making the billing process for these discussions more streamlined.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
For some reason visuals of this dude keep roaming my mind as I read this thread......

goofy.gif

Here, read this to wipe those visuals out, please. :D

Putting Americans In Control of Their Health Care | The White House

Troublemane

Oh, also,...people cannot be discriminated against in purchasing a CAR, even if they have some kind of pre-existing condition, such as blindness, or being in a coma, or because they cannot leave their hospital bed.

And if a CAR DEALER discriminates against someone, and will not sell them a car, they will be penalized and told they are BAD, BAD BAD! they will be shamed and fined into selling you a CAR, even if you are just going to die in a few days and then crash it into a wall.

Nevermind the fact that this will probably drive up the costs of CARS for the rest of us. We will simply make a law saying that CAR DEALERS cannot raise their costs, no matter what! That will fix the problem!!!

And if they run out of money, never fear! THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK WILL SIMPLY CREATE NEW MONEY OUT OF NOTHING!!!..isnt it great to live in a magical world with jelly bean trees and unicorns and free healthcare for everyone?...well, not free for the rich, of course, those darn rich people!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
People die all the time, and will continue to die no matter how good medical care is.

FACT: we are mortal. FACT: WE ARE ALL GOIN TO DIE someday. FACT: If you promise people eternal healthcare, then you are saying people are entitled to live forever, at unlimited expense.
I guess you'll be planning on foregoing all future healthcare expenses and check ups then since "we're all gonna die" anyways, right? Is someone dying at 25 (the age Jesse died at) years of age and younger "living forever" Troublemane? I'd appreciate some consistency here.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Am I the only one not understanding the parallels between getting a new car and health insurance? :bonk:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
My cousin died due to an untreated bloodclot that formed in his leg after he sprained it, which could have been easily cured with an MRI, well problem is that no one wanted to give him an MRI because he had no insuarance, and the reason he had no insurance was because he just started his own conrete pump business and couldn't not get insured being self employed and all (you know, those lazy uneducated leeches that want a nanny state that you guys rail against?).

Well after 2 weeks post knee sprain and bouncing from hospitals and clinics all around L.A. county, my cousin finally did get an MRI scheduled...too bad it was 5 days after he was already dead from the blood clot that got lodged in his heart.

So do me a favor Troublemane: Next time you're in California: Stop by Oakwood Cemetary in Chatsworth, CA, and walk up to Jesse L. Johson's grave and tell him that he's "lying." I'm sure he'd get a chuckle out of that. :areyoucra
Dodging, Troublemane?

Troublemane

People don't need health insurance to live. They need health care. Unfortunately, the way you get health care in this country is by either a) having health insurance or b) having a lot of ready cash or c) being poor enough or old enough to be on a government run program. Do you think health care is currently free?

Wait a minute....are you saying that people need healthcare in order to live?

What did people do before? for like the last million years? Ah, yeah, there isn't enough people on earth already, is there?

Lets just keep raising the retirement age, as people are now expected to live well into their 80's and even 90's. Way after they stopped working, being productive members of society, but don't let that stop you from keeping them alive, even if they are on a machine.:sorry1:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Wait a minute....are you saying that people need healthcare in order to live?

What did people do before? for like the last million years? Ah, yeah, there isn't enough people on earth already, is there?

Lets just keep raising the retirement age, as people are now expected to live well into their 80's and even 90's. Way after they stopped working, being productive members of society, but don't let that stop you from keeping them alive, even if they are on a machine.:sorry1:
I had appendicticis two summers ago, when I was the ripe old age of 21. I would be 6ft under right now if it wasn't for healthcare.

If you have insurance or buy health care in any way, you do realize how hypocritical you are being, right?

Troublemane

Am I the only one not understanding the parallels between getting a new car and health insurance? :bonk:

Because, if I simply repeat over and over the importance of someone having a CAR to their very LIFE, then people will start to think it is true!

Just like others have repeated over and over and over that you need HEALTH INSURANCE in order to be ALIVE!!!! I say, screw just being alive, why not really LIVE...in a BRAND NEW LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH!!! VROOM VROOMMM!!!!:yes:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Because, if I simply repeat over and over the importance of someone having a CAR to their very LIFE, then people will start to think it is true!

Just like others have repeated over and over and over that you need HEALTH INSURANCE in order to be ALIVE!!!! I say, screw just being alive, why not really LIVE...in a BRAND NEW LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH!!! VROOM VROOMMM!!!!:yes:
Nobody's said that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Still waiting for you to address this post, Troublemane.

Troublemane

Why stop with CARS? WHY NOT A NEW HOUSE?

We want to get america working again, don't we? I say, a NEW HOUSE IN EVRY..HOUSE? :rolleyes:

Troublemane

My cousin died due to an untreated bloodclot that formed in his leg after he sprained it, which could have been easily cured with an MRI, well problem is that no one wanted to give him an MRI because he had no insuarance, and the reason he had no insurance was because he just started his own conrete pump business and couldn't not get insured being self employed and all (you know, those lazy uneducated leeches that want a nanny state that you guys rail against

Its a shame. And I feel for your loss, but do me a favor and don't blame me for your cousin's death.

I had a close friend who died after a car accident, she was in the hospital for a couple weeks and then caught pneumonia and died. Had she not been in the car, had she not been driving that night, had I been with her, maybe she would not have died. But should I blame all drivers for her death? Should I say if she only had been forced by some government agency to stay home that night she would still be alive?

That would be assinine. Nobody can predict the future, and nobody could have known your cousin would still be alive now, even if he had had insurance. That is ridiculous. You cannot guarantee that he would not have died anyway. I mean, are you going to honestly tell me you can guarantee he would still be alive had he had an MRI? Sorry, I don't buy it.

You don't think he would have just avoided buying insurance anyway? If he didn't have it, I would bet he just figured he was young and didn't need it. If he had been told by Mother Government he needed it, chances are he probably would have tried to go without it anyway.

I can't afford to go to California. I am actually saving up for a trip to England, but if I got a chance to go there, I probably won't be visiting any Graveyards. Sorry.
But I didn't accuse him of lying, I said you were lying about people dying for lack of insurance.

Your friend did not die for lack of insurance, he died from a blood clot. There is a cause and effect thing going on here I don't think you are grasping.