• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troublemane Explains the Folly of the HEALTHCARE BILL

Troublemane

A parable ..*Ahem*

Now, everyone knows a car is important to a successful life. Heck, One might say a CAR is downright NECESSARY to even live these days. But, as luck would have it, not everyone is able to afford a car.

Therefore, following the logic of this Congress' solution to healthcare, let's extend this to CARS.

I believe everyone should OWN A CAR, even if they don't want one. They should be FORCED to have one, because it is simply unfair that there be people who have several cars, while there are some who have none.

Therefore, Congress, in its infinite wisdom, should make a LAW forcing everyone to own a car, and if they do NOT purchase a CAR by 2014, they wil have to pay a FINE of $1,000 dollars (an arbitrary amount we came up with that we think some people will be able to pay, but just expensive enough to incentivize them to buy a car).

Now, they can't just have any old car. NO, that would be wrong!:no:

They must have a nice, fine car. Provided to them by their employer, who will no doubt deduct the cost for the car from the person's wages. But thats okay. Even if they are barely getting by on minimum wage, we don't care. The important thing is THEY HAVE A CAR NOW, and can feel special driving down the road, smoking cigars and listening to music. Their dog beside them.

If they have no dog, they may have one provided for them.

If they cannot afford a NICE car (which the govt has not specified the definitions of nice, or even what is essential, or even what defines a CAR, we just want them to have one, the specifics we shall leave to the regulatory committees...), the GOVERNMENT will pay whatever difference there is between what they can afford and the cost of a NICE CAR.

If they cannot afford ANY CAR, one will be given to them, a 1980 2-door YUGO, tires optional. In addition, there may be a gas allowance issued, per month. But only just enough to get to work and back one day a week.

If the citizen (aka, COMRADE) does NOT comply to this demand by the all mighty government, FROM WHICH ALL RIGHT AND PRIVELEGE ORIGINATES, a fine of $1,000 dollars will be levied upon them, for flaunting the law, and for wishing to go against the dictates of society which says we must own cars to help America REBUILD!

to summarize:---BUY A CAR, OR ELSE!:eek:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
That's all fine and good but I'm sure liking that two of my college attending kids are back on our insurance. My daughter has already gone to the doc since the bill passed. Absolutely no problemo :D

Troublemane

Oh, and I forgot to mention....since, after the passing of this wonderous, historic BILL, now everyone will be magically gifted with CARS (or else!!!),...there will obviously be no need anymore for public transportation, so we will pay for our bill that will help buy CARS for the POOR, by simply doing away with 50% of ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

Makes sense, don't it? :yes:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
You seriously believe that a car is just as necessary to your quality of life as healthcare? People can forego a car if need be. How exactly do you forego an appendectomy?

Troublemane

That's all fine and good but I'm sure liking that two of my college attending kids are back on our insurance. My daughter has already gone to the doc since the bill passed. Absolutely no problemo :D

Ah but how nice would it be if the government had just given her a NEW CAR instead! VROOM VROOM! Wouldn't that have been even better?:yes:

Troublemane

You seriously believe that a car is just as necessary to your quality of life as healthcare? People can forego a car if need be. How exactly do you forego an appendectomy?

No I am saying if people are forced to get insurance, whether they want it or not, then why not force everyone to have a CAR!

I mean, isn't owning a CAR the very symbol of AMERICA!!!!:yes:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Troublemane said:
Now, everyone knows a car is important to a successful life. Heck, One might say a CAR is downright NECESSARY to even live these days. But, as luck would have it, not everyone is able to afford a car.
Mister_T explains the Folly of Troublemane's Parable:

People are not going to die if they don't have a car. Besides, there are alternatives to not having a car like a bicycle, public transit and walking. What's the alternative to not having healthcare, doing your own check-ups? Doing your own operations? Maybe have the local butcher help you with your operations?

To summarize, if you don't have healthcare or cannot get access to healthcare, tough cookies. You're not going to take my hard earned tax dollars which are not being taken away unless I'm making over 250k anyways, and you're just being lazy and wanting a nanny state to take care of you, even though you may be busting your hump working a crappy job (sometimes 2) - neither of which provide healthcare.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
No I am saying if people are forced to get insurance, whether they want it or not, then why not force everyone to have a CAR!

I mean, isn't owning a CAR the very symbol of AMERICA!!!!:yes:
Because everyone wants and, more importantly, needs healthcare. The only reason why the vast majority (minus some religious dissidents) doesn't have insurance is because they have decided they cannot afford it.

Troublemane

Because everyone wants and, more importantly, needs healthcare. The only reason why the vast majority (minus some religious dissidents) doesn't have insurance is because they have decided they cannot afford it.

But isn't that exactly the same with a CAR? I mean, come on, would you rather take the bus or own your own CAR???

Now, granted, there are some as you say RELIGIOUS dissidents (like the Amish..) who don't wish to own CARS. But I say, to HELL WITH THEM AND THEIR FREEDOM! We know what is best for them, and that is to OWN A CAR!!!!

I say, make a law and force them to have one!!! ESPECIALLY THE AMISH!:yes:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
But isn't that exactly the same with a CAR? I mean, come on, would you rather take the bus or own your own CAR???

Now, granted, there are some as you say RELIGIOUS dissidents (like the Amish..) who don't wish to own CARS. But I say, to HELL WITH THEM AND THEIR FREEDOM! We know what is best for them, and that is to OWN A CAR!!!!

I say, make a law and force them to have one!!! ESPECIALLY THE AMISH!:yes:
There are many people who would a) prefer America to have a more robust public transportation service so that they don't have to own a car, and 2) who live in cities and don't own a car. And 3) a car is not necessary for the continuing of your life, a distinction you apparently fail to make.

Also, the healthcare bill, if I remember correctly, does allow people to abstain from getting insurance for religious reasons.

Troublemane

Mister_T explains the Folly of Troublemane's Parable:

People are not going to die if they don't have a car. Besides, there are alternatives to not having a car like a bicycle, public transit and walking. What's the alternative to not having healthcare, doing your own check-ups? Doing your own operations? Maybe have the local butcher help you with your operations?

So..people are going to die without an insurance policy? Is that right? Please explain how.

And exactly how will this be better than a NEW CAR!!!! VROOM VROOM!

To summarize, if you don't have healthcare or cannot get access to healthcare, tough cookies. You're not going to take my hard earned tax dollars which are not being taken away unless I'm making over 250k anyways, and you're just being lazy and wanting a nanny state to take care of you, even though you may be busting your hump working a crappy job (sometimes 2) - neither of which provide healthcare.

But if you you don't have a car or access to a cool CAR, the government's solution should be the same as this bill, which is to FORCE YOU TO OWN ONE!!! Isnt that sweet? Problem solved!!!

Troublemane

There are many people who would a) prefer America to have a more robust public transportation service so that they don't have to own a car, and 2) who live in cities and don't own a car. And 3) a car is not necessary for the continuing of your life, a distinction you apparently fail to make.

ALL PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED BY HAVING A CAR! You are magically transported into a world without problems, and if you can't understand that, well, dude, that's just your problem!:sorry1:

Also, the healthcare bill, if I remember correctly, does allow people to abstain from getting insurance for religious reasons.

Darn!..I wanted the AMISH to be forced to drive!..in the next bill we will have to fix that!!:angel2:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
So..people are going to die without an insurance policy? Is that right? Please explain how
Note that America's life expectancy is lower than many other countries, and our infant mortality rate is higher. Could that not be attributed to the fact that people can't afford preventative care? Additionally, without insurance or lots of ready cash, many people simply can't afford going to the doctor, until it's too late. Cancer, heart disease, etc that could have been treated if discovered earlier, is now fatal.

Also note that medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in America. Why? Because, unlike that new flat screen tv, it's pretty hard to choose to just die rather than spend every cent you got trying to stay alive in a system that's designed to suck you dry.

Troublemane

Ah higher mortality could have something to do with the American DIET. We also have the fattest people in the world.

AGAIN, we NEED BIG CARS for BIG BUTTS!!!!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
ALL PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED BY HAVING A CAR! You are magically transported into a world without problems, and if you can't understand that, well, dude, that's just your problem!:sorry1:
This statement does not address what I said. There are lifestyle choices and public options that make a car unneccessary.

Exactly what alternatives are there to not being able to afford healthcare? Death? Yeah, that's a nice choice.

Troublemane

I am the only one being honest. People here are claiming people will die if they don't have insurance (a lie), or people will have to choose between an appendectomy or bankruptcy ....I am the only one being honest. I am saying PEOPLE NEED A CAR!

Its the best solution to everything!!!!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Troublemane said:
So..people are going to die without an insurance policy? Is that right? Please explain how.
It's been explained to you quite a few times how people die without insurance, at least a couple of those times by myself. Do you need me to repost those explanations which I apparently got no response to?

Troublemane said:
But if you you don't have a car or access to a cool CAR, the government's solution should be the same as this bill, which is to FORCE YOU TO OWN ONE!!! Isnt that sweet? Problem solved!!!
This isn't a car, this is people lives: You know, living, breathing human beings? If you want to do this, :ignore:, everytime people bring that point up and continue to refuse to believe that people dying due to lack of healthcare is an unfortunate fact, and not some political boogie man that people are pulling out of their rear-ends, that's fine. But don't be surprised when people call you out on you red herring fallacy.

Troublemane

...people dying due to lack of healthcare is an unfortunate fact, and not some political boogie man that people are pulling out of their rear-ends, that's fine. But don't be surprised when people call you out on you red herring fallacy.

People die all the time, and will continue to die no matter how good medical care is.

FACT: we are mortal. FACT: WE ARE ALL GOIN TO DIE someday. FACT: If you promise people eternal healthcare, then you are saying people are entitled to live forever, at unlimited expense.