• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Treason?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Gas pig, lol.
We are talking about the USA, aren't we?

And frankly, while I object to the whole cozy relationship the USA has with the despotic theocratic monarchy of Saudi Arabia, Trump seemed rather more positive about the way they run their country than Hillary. She accepted that crap as a necessary evil, as opposed to celebrating it.

Rather the way he does Putin and Russia.
Tom

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
She is criticized constantly. Where have you been?

Exactly. Liberals don't tend to blindly idolize their candidates like conservatives do. Probably because jingoistic attitudes are more common among the right, and tend to see leaders (the ones they voted for, anyway) as an embodiment of the nation itself.

Fire_Monkey

"The former ethics lawyer for George W. Bush ..."

Isn't that an oxymoron? LOL Having "ethics" and "W Bush" in the same sentence?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I.E. "Trump hails from my corner of the political spectrum, thus can do no wrong. (Never mind that even members of his own party consider him corrupt and incompetent.)"

Ethics and principles should come well before partisan loyalty. Don't cling to denial at the expense of integrity.
Not even close, @Father Heathen ... I'm surprised, you normally do much better than this.

What I find humorous is that a person who has already joined a legal challenge to Trump thinks that he will have some solid evidence in the next few days. Well, bravo, dude, LOL. This fellow in question, might be a credible lawyer but when you attempt to try your case in the media it is not generally indicative of a strong position.

What I also found hilarious is that @metis (the aforementioned avowed Democrat - not the lawyer in question) was citing a ethics lawyer who worked for George W. Oddly, if you listen to most Democrats you almost never get the impression that George W. had anything resembling ethics. Then again, perhaps that's why he had a lawyer to cover that base. *sigh*

The bottom line is that he has now come out with this incendiary little bombshell so now he has to produce. If what he comes out with is more inference or innuendo... that really won't help his case against Trump an iota, but perhaps that is why he is trying to influence the court of public opinion ahead of the actual findings.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In this case, it would be selling out USA security to a business partner(s).
I believe that is the reason Trump was so cagey about his finances and so unconcerned about appearance of propriety. He has a lot to hide and is accustomed to the safety of being a private citizen. He could hide things and lie with impunity before he was president.
But now he can't.
Funny, that didn't seem to stop previous presidents.
rolleyes.gif

I.E. "Trump hails from my corner of the political spectrum, thus can do no wrong. (Never mind that even members of his own party consider him corrupt and incompetent.)"

Ethics and principles should come well before partisan loyalty. Don't cling to denial at the expense of integrity.
You are completely misreading me. Though I agree with him on some issues, overall I don't like Trump either. No-matter how I feel about Trump, I can still recognize when his adversaries are playing games.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I agree. I don't take most of the politicians in Washington seriously anymore. This is all part of a political game to either contain Trump, so he is limited in what he can do, or to eventually get rid of him.
But what if you're wrong? What if what we are actually witnessing is a serious threat to our national security? Are you really willing to just negate what he has covered on quite a few occasions just because you think it might be political?

If he was some sort of crackpot, I would be much more leery of what he says, but he's not if you actually look up his credentials. Now, I don't know if he's right, but the actions that we are seeing by Nunes and Ryan, along with what we already know about Flynn and Manafort, should raise red flags with anyone who understands even a little about what the FBI has been doing and how they must work from a position of "probable cause". Also, FISA warrants require them as well.

This should not be partisan politics-- this is serious stuff-- really serious stuff.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Trump wants to be removed, he doesn't like the job. Very dangerous voting for that man. I knew that a decade ago.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
My candidate? My God the strawmen here on RF are insane.
Her assumption that you voted for Trump is not a Straw man, as it is not an argument. If she exchanged "your candidate" for "Trump", her comment would have had the same meaning.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Besides this article, I heard Richard Painter, former adviser to George Bush, speak last night stating the urgent need of a bipartisan investigation, preferably independent, because we may already have been in serious risk of having our state secrets, including possibly military secrets, being forwarded to Russia:

"The former ethics lawyer for George W. Bush believes the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia has uncovered evidence of treason.

Richard Painter, who joined a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of President Donald Trump’s foreign business ties, tweeted a link late Wednesday to a McClatchy report on a federal investigation into whether U.S. right-wing websites coordinated with Russian operatives to attack Hillary Clinton.

“(The) FBI uncovering evidence of treason,” Painter said. “There is no other word for it.”

Painter also agreed with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that an independent commission or select committee was needed to investigate possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

“Senator McCain is right – Congress has no credibility in undertaking the Trump-Russia investigation,” Painter tweeted.
-- https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/th...czar-says-fbi-uncovering-evidence-of-treason/

If he is involved, he/they should be removed from office and jailed! And the same for anyone else involved.