• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traditional TV Enters Its Final Death Spiral

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm almost scared to ask which Australian tv shows you watch...lol
The very first one I know was Australian was the Paul Hogan Show. I watched it in the early 1980's. I thought it was pretty funny stuff.

More recent shows I have seen include Glitch, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and the first season of a show called Wanted.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The very first one I know was Australian was the Paul Hogan Show. I watched it in the early 1980's. I thought it was pretty funny stuff.

More recent shows I have seen include Glitch, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and the first season of a show called Wanted.

Ha! Hoges...that's pretty old school.

The lead in Wanted is actually a Kiwi actress, although she's spent most of her career in Oz. I kinda had a crush on her when I was a boy...lol

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ha! Hoges...that's pretty old school.

The lead in Wanted is actually a Kiwi actress, although she's spent most of her career in Oz. I kinda had a crush on her when I was a boy...lol
I can see why. She is very attractive.

Still get a laugh watch the old Hogan show.

there were a couple of shows on @PureX list that I have seen, but couldn't recall the names. I have enjoyed what I have seen.

I am a fan of Australian-American Farscape as well, Claudia Black, Gigi Edgely and Virginia Hey could inspire a crush or two.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Are they remaking 30 and 40 year old tv shows, because they ran out of ideas? If not, that moves them ahead.

Well...home and away has been going for 32 years...

Neighbours has been going for 35.

Hard to remake something that is as hard to kill off as a bulletproof zombie.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well...home and away has been going for 32 years...

Neighbours has been going for 35.

Hard to remake something that is as hard to kill off as a bulletproof zombie.
We have long-lived soap operas too, but I am referring to a number of recent shows that are reboots of older shows. Hawaii Five-O, Magnum, and S.W.A.T. we're originally series from the 70's and 80's.

To be fair, I haven't seen the m. They may be pretty good, but not the most original approach.

Rebooting seems to be a wider paradigm in this country these days.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are they remaking 30 and 40 year old tv shows, because they ran out of ideas? If not, that moves them ahead.
Ameristan is a larger market, which ensures that our
lowest of the low are lower than any foreign lowest low.
But it also allows greater heights. The trick is to watch
only what you want. Something which is bad won't
bother you if you if you ignore it.