• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To report or to take the high road

To report or to not report

• Yes, I'll report those who upset me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never use the report button

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes, but I'll only report if absolutely necessary

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Goddess Kit

How vindictive are you?

Do you report that which offends you or do you just let it slide?

Personally, I am of such a highly evolved nature that I would rather ignore the report button. In fact, upon analysis of this report button, I find it as irrational as the need for retail managers who cater to Karen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reporting is useful to keep the forum operating in a civil manner.
Being upset isn't reason enuf. Reporting for rule violations is useful.
Staff have been working to improve the rules, & take action to see
that they're honored. I've seen improvement. I thank them for
their work, & put in a request for a 5% pay raise this year.

chinu

chinu
How vindictive are you?

Personally, I am of such a highly evolved nature that I would rather ignore the report button. In fact, upon analysis of this report button, I find it as irrational as the need for retail managers who cater to Karen.
So, can I offend you ? :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How vindictive are you?

I only report things like illegal issues, sexually explicit (without context), et cetera. I was on an LGBTQ site with teens there young as 10 learning about their sexuality. One person posted a naked picture of himself (and I mean naked) as an avatar. While we talked about everything under the sun, some things are reported more so on context not just because it's sexual in nature (in this website, more restrictions than most but most understand it's a sexuality-oriented site)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How vindictive are you?

I have reported for blatant breaking forum rules, anything else... bof

exchemist

Veteran Member
How vindictive are you?

On this forum I almost never feel the need to report people. (On some others, it is a different story.)

The only regular exception I make is new arrivals that turn out to be spammers, generally offering essay-writing services to help students cheat. **mod edit**

I deal with people who I find perennially annoying by making fairly liberal use of the Ignore feature of the forum. It helps my blood pressure and keeps my misanthropy in check;).

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Reporting is useful to keep the forum operating in a civil manner.
Being upset isn't reason enuf. Reporting for rule violations is useful.
Staff have been working to improve the rules, & take action to see
that they're honored. I've seen improvement. I thank them for
their work, & put in a request for a 5% pay raise this year.
@Revoltingest is being reasonable and sensible again because he agrees with me (outside of who gets the pay raise, of course).

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How vindictive are you?

I only report people if they're actually breaking the rules. Nothing to do with being vindictive, as that would be abusing the report button and could land yourself in trouble. I'll report someone regardless of if I'm friendly with them or not.

I see nothing "highly evolved" by doing nothing when people are violating the forum rules.

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
How vindictive are you?

Is there a report button for people who call themselves “highly evolved”? Good grief.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Since I'm a mod I sometimes report personal offenses and sometimes ignore them, because ignoring an offense is good for one's reputation. Always. If you can shrug things off you look like a star. If you are easily offended then the effect is a very negative public image. Also conversation has layers. Sometimes people don't have a strong sense of reality or something...and they have to push boundaries or something like that...some kind of psychological thing. Anyways to get to a deeper level of conversation sometimes requires getting past personal offense. Sometimes I can't. There are some things that set me off, but I don't publicly reveal what they are. That would be stupid.