• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Muslims & Non Muslims

Deut 13:1

Merlin said:
How many of us are brave enough to answer that question truthfully, whether we are Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, Roman Catholic, or Jewish? For completeness I repeat below:-

Supposing you had wanted to marry a pagan girl. In order to win her hand, you had to convert to paganism. You agree to do this. Questions

Would your parents have attended your pagan baptism ceremony?

Would your parents and grandparents have attended your pagan wedding?

Would your parents and grandparents brothers and sisters attend pagan baptism of any resulting children?

Would you all be welcome in all of your relatives' houses?

Would your family be invited to their social gatherings?
No to all.

The Truth said:
I heard that you can't be a jew if your Mom is not a jew even though you wanted to convert so there is a speicfic name for "non-original jew" (but i forgot the name) which make it so clear to others that this is not a real jew.
I think what you're thinking about is a Noahite (Jewish without being Jewish). It's just a code of laws (7) that a person can abide by.

Reform and Conservative conversions don't make you a Jew. Converting to become a Jew means at minimum 6 months of study in my opinion. For some people, it can take years, they won't convert you until they feel confident you will follow all the Laws of the Torah and have a good strong educational background. I felt so bad for this women who attended Shul for over 2 years and then gave up because the Rabbi's felt she didn't know enough. Reformed and Conservative give you a certificate and you pay them for a conversion. In my opinion, you can't buy the status of being a Jew, it's something you're born into, or it's something you are that defines your actions, thoughts, and most importantly your view on life. For example, college students in general biggest concern is getting laid, a Jew's biggest concern is how to serve Hashem properly.

Now, there are differences for a Jewish women who converts to Judaism. For example, I am halackily related to my mother, but let's say my mother converted to Judaism while she was pregnant with me. A complicated question arises with regard to a non-Jewish pregnant woman who converts to Judaism during the pregnancy. What status should the child, me, have? On the one hand, I'm born to a Jewish woman. On the other hand, I was conceived when my mother was a non-Jew. So it's a complicated matter, but that is what Rabbi's are for. :)

Merlin

Binyamin said:
So it's a complicated matter, but that is what Rabbi's are for. :)
Do you believe that God is looking down and ticking boxes in a rulebook to judge whether you are or are not Jewish?

Merlin

The Truth said:
Great kingdom with a great history. I like it ;)

by the way, i live in Asia but my finace was born in europe and she lives there and she wants me to go there but i don't want so because i love it here.:D Maybe a visit would not bother me.
It is fairly obvious you are from Pakistan. You should be proud of it.

Merlin said:
Have a correct? Would you do the same thing to your children?
I don't know, I don't have kids. Would you jump in front of a car to save your kids? I'm sure you would say yes now, but you never know until it happens. I'm not going to play guessing games with hypothetical situations that have the same probability as the sun going out tommorrow. :)

Merlin said:
Do you believe that God is looking down and ticking boxes in a rulebook to judge whether you are or are not Jewish?
Are you just trying to elevate your post count with questions like this?

Merlin

Binyamin said:
Are you just trying to elevate your post count with questions like this?
Sorry, I assumed you would think it was a serious question. One of the constant themes running through my posts is that most of the discussions are about (in my opinion) quite trivial things. I do have great difficulty believing that a God who can create universes would really care about the absolutely minute and mostly pointless rules that many faiths impose upon their followers.

I do not rubbish anybody's views, they are equally as valid as mine. But on that basis I have the right to believe that the tiny restrictions and requirements that many faiths apply to completely insignificant things cannot interest a powerful universal God. At least, I really hope they do not.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Merlin said:
It is fairly obvious you are from Pakistan. You should be proud of it.
not at all.

I'm an arabic guy and i'm proud of it because my grandfather is ishmael and his father Abraham too.:)