• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Muslims & Non Muslims

Ezzedean

First of all thank you Basem for letting us know about the conversions. Inshu'Allah they will walk a straight path, and not fall astray. As for your other posts, Jensa is right, your not making too much sense.

Secondly, I find this comment rather amusing.
Darkdale said:
Why should I care what others do with their religion?
If you dont care about what others do with their religion,then what are you doing here? Isn't this a website for people to discuss their religions? If it is, which I like to think it is..... I ask again.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

Dentonz

2 Thessalonians 2: 10-11

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."

Jesus is the Truth. John 14: 6

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The Truth said:
They didn't answer i wonder why? :rolleyes:
because it was friday and i was at home getting ready for shabbat...

Scott, as far as i know one's halachic status as a jew is passed through the mother, if the mother's a jew, your a jew.

not sure about the Grandmother thing, perhaps binyamin can answer that better than i

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Ezzedean said:
If you dont care about what others do with their religion,then what are you doing here? Isn't this a website for people to discuss their religions? If it is, which I like to think it is..... I ask again.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

You guys are having a lot of trouble with this one aren't you? lol It isn't surprising. This is a place where we discuss our religions and share our faiths, but it is not meant to be a site to condemn the beliefs of others or to mock them (even though I see this being done more now than when I first started posting here).

I don't care what religions "do" within their own religions. That is none of my business. I do not judge that. I am interested in what religions believe and how they practice, but I am not their judge. Ezzedean, I see you doing very little learning about the religions of others. You seem far more interested in talking only about the virtues of your own beliefs or what you dislike about the beliefs of others. So the better question is, what are you doing here? What is your purpose? Is it to discuss religion, or is it to proselytize?

mr.guy

crapsack
So if i get you right, basem, these jewish women have seen the error in their ways. Ought we all acknowledge your muslim superiority or do you only require that jews do so?

Merlin

jewscout said:
people CAN convert to Judaism!
i am a perfect example! i am a non-jew going through the process of conversion now!
Good luck, I hope you are happy. Would it be an intrusion to ask you what made you change, and what you changed from. If it is then just say so. People's beliefs are intrinsically a private matter.

Merlin

Ezzedean said:
First of all thank you Basem for letting us know about the conversions. Inshu'Allah they will walk a straight path, and not fall astray. As for your other posts, Jensa is right, your not making too much sense.

Secondly, I find this comment rather amusing.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean
If everybody sent in a response every time somebody converted to their religion, there would be no room for discussion. Tens of thousands of people are turning to God in various parts of the world. Some are doing so into Judaism, some into the myriad of Christian traditions, some to Islam, some to Hindu, etc.

To celebrate the conversion of four people does give the impression that it is quite a rare event.

For myself, I am very happy to worship in a mosque, In a Temple, in a church, or (if I was ever invited) in a synagogue. My relationship to God is personal and direct and transcends human trivia of these divisions.

Religious services are quite often a hazard to my thought processes and prayers, but I do find religious buildings put me in the right frame of mind to seek down into myself to try to make my personal communion with God. So I find quiet times of the day on my own in a large cathedral very helpful.

Merlin

basem said:
Of course its important when people change from religion to a religion, you think about about i havn't heard of a muslim became a jew or christ. but i have heard of lots of non muslims became muslims....ask your self why?????

Thanks
Actually, quite a lot of Moslems convert to Christianity. Often it is because they want to marry somebody out of their faith, I will accept. But there are others.

The truth is that as a percentage, very few people change from the religion into which they were born.

Did you change from the religion into which you were born?
Or do you think you are fortunate enough to be born into the perfect religion?
Have you studied any others?
Have you ever shared a service with a Roman Catholic or a Jew?

mr.guy

crapsack
Merlin,

It seems that basem is less concerned with conversion to Islam, next to an "admission" of relative jewish fallability.

Which of these two aspects concerns you more, basem?

Scott1

jewscout said:
Scott, as far as i know one's halachic status as a jew is passed through the mother, if the mother's a jew, your a jew.
Cool.... thanks, from one Jew to another.:)

Merlin

Scott1 said:
Cool.... thanks, from one Jew to another.:)
Actually all Christians and Muslims are Jews. If we did not believe in their Scriptures, we would doubt three quarters of our own Bible

Scott1

Merlin said:
Actually all Christians and Muslims are Jews. If we did not believe in their Scriptures, we would doubt three quarters of our own Bible
You're a hoot.:banghead3

Scott1

Merlin said:
Thanks, Scott. I am mostly correct though.
.... and humble.:rolleyes:

The statement "Actually all Christians and Muslims are Jews" is incorrect for several reasons.... and I am sure a few Jews will correct you... to say that we all trace our faith back to Abraham is true.... but.... ahhhh, why bother?:bonk:

Merlin

Scott1 said:
.... and humble.:rolleyes:

The statement "Actually all Christians and Muslims are Jews" is incorrect for several reasons.... and I am sure a few Jews will correct you... to say that we all trace our faith back to Abraham is true.... but.... ahhhh, why bother?:bonk:
I am sure you know, Scott, that in the first generation of Christians (although they were not called Christians at that time) it was required to first convert to Judaism including male circumcision.

This went on for around 40 years after the crucifixion, and only after a big row between St Paul and said Peter did Paul eventually win the argument, but I believe the Jerusalem Christians carried on proselytising to the Jewish faith for a long time.

So, it follows that my statement that we are all first Jews, and then Christians has got to be true. Our old Testament is accepted as true, and it is the Jewish scripture.

If I told you (and I don't) that I accept absolutely every word of the Qu'ran. It would be a natural assumption that you would think I was Moslem. If therefore you accept the whole of the old Testament, it follows that you must believe everything the Jews believe. The only difference between you, is that you have moved on by accepting the Gospels, and they have not. So we are actually a hybrid religion.

We both worship the same God, we just think we need to get to him via a different route.

ayani

i'm kind of wondering why anyone bothered responding critically to a thread which boasted of the conversion of three "jew women" to islam in the first place. the point this fellow is trying to push is obvious. i think mr. guy summed it up pretty well.

Merlin

gracie said:
i'm kind of wondering why anyone bothered responding critically to a thread which boasted of the conversion of three "jew women" to islam in the first place. the point this fellow is trying to push is obvious. i think mr. guy summed it up pretty well.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I assumed his rather unfortunate expression was because he was perhaps not speaking in his mother tongue, but maybe has English as he has learned language

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Merlin said:

Old Covenant vs. New Covenant. Christians are not bound to the Jewish Covenant with God, nor are Jews bound to the New Covenant with God. Makes em two different groups.

jonny

basem said:
Of course its important when people change from religion to a religion, you think about about i havn't heard of a muslim became a jew or christ. but i have heard of lots of non muslims became muslims....ask your self why?????

Thanks
When I was a missionary in Germany we were not allowed to teach Muslims from certain countries because they had problems with them returning home and being murdered. Perhaps this is the reason why there are so few conversions. It is my understanding that conversion from Islam to another faith is grounds for killing somone in the Koran. Correct me if I'm wrong because if this understanding is wrong I would like to know.

jonny

Merlin said:
Actually I'm from the Tribe of Ephraim. :) If you want to know how I know this go start a thread in the LDS section - otherwise this will get further off track very quickly.