• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Christians: When is Christ Returning?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Only Baha'u'llah has a chance at someday having his teaching bring peace. But, right now, he hasn't even brought peace, just more wars and rumors of wars.
I have covered this terrain with Jewish posters.

Nowhere in their scriptures does it say that the Messiah will bring peace during His lifetime. The prophecies about peace refer to the Messianic Age. There is no specific time frame specified in the OT or the Torah.

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

World peace will be established during this new religious dispensation. Baha’u’llah set up a system of government and it has already been established among the Baha’is. The institutions of that government are fully operational, but still in their infancy. They will be more developed in the future as the prophecy says (increase in government).

These prophecies cannot refer to Jesus because Jesus disclaimed being the Mighty God when He called Himself “the Son of God” (John 5:18-47) and in those verses Jesus repudiates the charge that He claimed equality with God. Jesus disclaimed being the everlasting Father when He said, “my Father is greater than I” (John 14:28) and Jesus disclaimed being the Prince of Peace when He said, “I came not to send peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34). Jesus disclaimed bearing the government upon His shoulder when He said to “rend onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's” (Mark 12:17, Matthew 22:21). Jesus disclaimed that He would establish a kingdom where he would rule with judgment and justice forever when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36)

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
In the 19th century the Adventists watched for His coming and even sold their possessions and waited on Mount Carmel in Ascension robes.

It all ended in what many know as the Great Disappointment. Christ, they concluded had not returned.

Christians often quote the Bible referring to rumours of wars and such calamities as heralding the Second Coming yet whenever these things have occurred like the Great Lisbon earthquake, the dark day and shooting stars 1833 and even Halleys Comet they still insisted He hadn’t returned.

Since then we’ve had the First World War Still He didn’t come in their eyes. The Second World War Hes coming soon they say. The World trade centre and Tsunami and - yes He’s nearly here!

So it’s going on and on these delaying tactics and I believe it’s going to be the same with this virus. Christians are telling me now He’s almost here and when the virus has ended and Christ hasn’t floated down on a cloud in a magnificent light show then again we will be told He’s coming soon. This has become a regular denial no matter what sign occurs.

So why do Christian leaders keep delaying the coming of Christ? What are they so afraid of? Yes no one knows the day or the hour until He has come. Then it will be a known fact.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that He might bring a new Kingdom but appoint different leaders? The Jews were afraid of the Messiah as He was called King of the Jews so they feared for their temporal power. Is it also possible that priests and popes have feared for their temporal power even to the extent to be willing to deny Christ’s Return?

I really think that it’s become so ridiculous that many no longer take the second coming seriously anymore because it keeps being predicted then put off and delayed. A picture of complete confusion.

As to current circumstances Let’s reflect a bit. Did the flood come before or after Noah’s call to turn to God was ignored by the masses?

To me personally, every indication is there is a type of ‘flood’ happening now which to me suggests that another Noah has already appeared and as usual has been laughed at, mocked and scorned.

So it’s impossible another Noah or the Second Coming has already taken place? And the flood - is it once again upon us?

First of all, the Second Coming already happened. Read the stories of the Resurrection. When Jesus raised from the dead, he came back. The expectation of Second Coming as some grand end-times event is the same mentality that the Jews had about the Resurrection. But read what Jesus says about that.

17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, 19 and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home.

21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”

23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Jesus already has come again. And he is coming again. That is btw would be an eternal is, similar to saying, "The sun is going to rise."

The disciples were disappointed because they understood it as this

instead of this

There may indeed be a second coming, but long before that happens, see if you can meet Jesus in the first place. And Jesus may not look like this.
jesus_christ_by_monstermarika-d1z826x.jpg

Jesus may look like this.

hqdefault.jpg

Samantha Rinne

I have covered this terrain with Jewish posters.

Nowhere in their scriptures does it say that the Messiah will bring peace during His lifetime. The prophecies about peace refer to the Messianic Age. There is no specific time frame specified in the OT or the Torah.

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

World peace will be established during this new religious dispensation. Baha’u’llah set up a system of government and it has already been established among the Baha’is. The institutions of that government are fully operational, but still in their infancy. They will be more developed in the future as the prophecy says (increase in government).

These prophecies cannot refer to Jesus because Jesus disclaimed being the Mighty God when He called Himself “the Son of God” (John 5:18-47) and in those verses Jesus repudiates the charge that He claimed equality with God. Jesus disclaimed being the everlasting Father when He said, “my Father is greater than I” (John 14:28) and Jesus disclaimed being the Prince of Peace when He said, “I came not to send peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34). Jesus disclaimed bearing the government upon His shoulder when He said to “rend onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's” (Mark 12:17, Matthew 22:21). Jesus disclaimed that He would establish a kingdom where he would rule with judgment and justice forever when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36)

I will reply to this quote with a quote of my own.

13“For from the least of them to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain.
From prophet to priest,
all practice deceit. 14They have dressed the wound of My people
with very little care,
saying, ‘Peace, peace,’
when there is no peace at all. 15Were they ashamed of the abomination they committed?
No, they were not at all ashamed;
they did not even know how to blush.
So they will fall among the fallen;
when I punish them, they will collapse,”

I look around, and I see these Bahai praising world governments.

Has it occurred to you that there is a problem with governments being too close? Has it occurred to you that since people can travel freely, disease can travel freely? That nations and their cultures can disintegrate? That people suffer because of this glorious ideal of a world system? That nations are actually intended to be like individuals, each more unique than the other?

Would we all want to be like China? Sure, I like Chinese Dramas, especially this one.

Actually, I love this drama.

But I also know that in China right now, a guy named Li Zehua was "quarantined" when he was perfectly healthy, on account of dropping a bit too much truth on the Chinese people. In the US, I would like to think things are free, but I lost friends for saying unpopular things. And some minister in Florida actually got arrested because he felt that it was more important for people to have hope during this time and refused to close down his church.

‘They’re chasing me’: the journalist who wouldn’t stay quiet on Covid-19

Police arrest Florida pastor for holding church services despite stay-at-home order - Local News 8

There is no peace. Scary things are happening, and they need to be talked about, or people in power will believe they can get away with worse.

There is no peace. And neither did Jesus tell people there was gonna be peace...

34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’i
Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; 38and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Times are gonna be hard. You will have politics that relatives disagree with. You will have siblings that won't even welcome you into the house right now, on account of this virus thingy. You may see your home town close up all stores, like mine, leaving behind a lonely shell. You may lose friends because you speak up and they do not understand or do not agree. You will have to figure out what is right for you, and God may not declare what is right for you right for another person.

There is no peace. What is to come may be peaceful, eventually, but uhhhh...

74x12

In the 19th century the Adventists watched for His coming and even sold their possessions and waited on Mount Carmel in Ascension robes.

It all ended in what many know as the Great Disappointment. Christ, they concluded had not returned.

Christians often quote the Bible referring to rumours of wars and such calamities as heralding the Second Coming yet whenever these things have occurred like the Great Lisbon earthquake, the dark day and shooting stars 1833 and even Halleys Comet they still insisted He hadn’t returned.

Since then we’ve had the First World War Still He didn’t come in their eyes. The Second World War Hes coming soon they say. The World trade centre and Tsunami and - yes He’s nearly here!

So it’s going on and on these delaying tactics and I believe it’s going to be the same with this virus. Christians are telling me now He’s almost here and when the virus has ended and Christ hasn’t floated down on a cloud in a magnificent light show then again we will be told He’s coming soon. This has become a regular denial no matter what sign occurs.

So why do Christian leaders keep delaying the coming of Christ? What are they so afraid of? Yes no one knows the day or the hour until He has come. Then it will be a known fact.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that He might bring a new Kingdom but appoint different leaders? The Jews were afraid of the Messiah as He was called King of the Jews so they feared for their temporal power. Is it also possible that priests and popes have feared for their temporal power even to the extent to be willing to deny Christ’s Return?

I really think that it’s become so ridiculous that many no longer take the second coming seriously anymore because it keeps being predicted then put off and delayed. A picture of complete confusion.

As to current circumstances Let’s reflect a bit. Did the flood come before or after Noah’s call to turn to God was ignored by the masses?

To me personally, every indication is there is a type of ‘flood’ happening now which to me suggests that another Noah has already appeared and as usual has been laughed at, mocked and scorned.

So it’s impossible another Noah or the Second Coming has already taken place? And the flood - is it once again upon us?
He won't come back until certain events occur first. The "man of sin" has to be worshiped as "god" in the restored temple of Solomon/Herod at Jerusalem. (That's why I don't support restoration of temple; because even though I believe it's a house of prayer forever; it will soon be corrupted with the presence of satan: the abomination that makes desolate.) This man will deceive the world and be worshiped as god. Everything is already set up and ready to go. They just have to keep going as they are and they can build the temple (with support from well meaning Jewish and Christian zionists) and once they have the temple built the New World Order is ready to go.

Then Jesus will return and destroy the man of sin with the breath of His mouth and brightness of His coming.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A fact of human history.

Our owned origins, is human. We are spiritual and naturally Healer conscious aware first.

Then science was chosen, and self life cell/blood and body sacrificed in a changed irradiated science caused history....to choose conversion science of the nuclear fusion of the body claimed to be God O mass and the stone.

The history, phi lo sophy phi los ophy….the ology of which is the knowledge.

In human life the Holy Mother is the human female Mother. And all life came from her cell o the ovary. In documents the study human Genetics was the ovary or OVAH term.

Why I lost my holy life body/cell health by applying nuclear science or Satanic science.

Therefore a particular spiritual male and a group said I learnt about the evils of science. I am being attacked. My visions and history said my Father invented science, I was a healed/returned DNA life baby and now I am going to die...before I am meant to.

What medical information said. And it also said, and the advice and notification that I speak this truth will be seen in the clouds. My recorded speaking voice will be heard and my vision will be seen as an image. Because knowingly we were giving our Holy water to a science reaction...and we were losing life on the ground...and returning water to the upper heavens.

Our life spirit....and so he did return in that Image and has been seen ever since.

The one of event in natural human history, a taught and told story.

Humans were taught, the heavenly spirit sacrifice was gases burning. How the spirit of the past was being sacrificed to give us light and life by it existing.

Water and oxygen therefore was ground removed to allow the burning sacrifice to remain holy.

Science made those gases in the cloud formation burn, and they fell out, so light came to the ground...where it did not belong. How life was sacrificed, so the teachings was a warning, do not support nuclear science.

Therefore the event was a one of history. I happened. Life was attacked, life was saved from SIN...for SIN is the original spirit of the body of God, O stone was once a mass of burning gases before it became stone. Human scientists tried to emulate the history of God...burning gases. So burnt the spirit of the Heavenly mass which attacked our life. When it was known, we are without SIN....our water and oxygen was used to support our bio life.

Yet water and oxygen was being used to stop the burning gases from igniting.

We therefore lived without SIN, yet because of SIN we lived.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I look around, and I see these Bahai praising world governments.

Has it occurred to you that there is a problem with governments being too close? Has it occurred to you that since people can travel freely, disease can travel freely? That nations and their cultures can disintegrate? That people suffer because of this glorious ideal of a world system? That nations are actually intended to be like individuals, each more unique than the other?

Would we all want to be like China? Sure, I like Chinese Dramas, especially this one.
A world government does not preclude nationhood. The Baha’i Faith does not advocate that there should not be nations. Nations will continue, each with their own governments, customs and character.

“Some form of a world super-state must needs be evolved, in whose favor all the nations of the world will have willingly ceded every claim to make war, certain rights to impose taxation and all rights to maintain armaments, except for purposes of maintaining internal order within their respective dominions. Such a state will have to include within its orbit an international executive adequate to enforce supreme and unchallengeable authority on every recalcitrant member of the commonwealth; a world parliament whose members shall be elected by the people in their respective countries and whose election shall be confirmed by their respective governments; and a supreme tribunal whose judgment will have a binding effect even in such cases where the parties concerned did not voluntarily agree to submit their case to its consideration.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 40-41

“A word of warning should, however, be uttered in this connection. The love of one’s country, instilled and stressed by the teaching of Islám, as “an element of the Faith of God,” has not, through this declaration, this clarion-call of Bahá’u’lláh, been either condemned or disparaged. It should not, indeed it cannot, be construed as a repudiation, or regarded in the light of a censure, pronounced against a sane and intelligent patriotism, nor does it seek to undermine the allegiance and loyalty of any individual to his country, nor does it conflict with the legitimate aspirations, rights, and duties of any individual state or nation. All it does imply and proclaim is the insufficiency of patriotism, in view of the fundamental changes effected in the economic life of society and the interdependence of the nations, and as the consequence of the contraction of the world, through the revolution in the means of transportation and communication—conditions that did not and could not exist either in the days of Jesus Christ or of Muḥammad. It calls for a wider loyalty, which should not, and indeed does not, conflict with lesser loyalties.” The Promised Day Is Come, p. 122
There is no peace. Scary things are happening, and they need to be talked about, or people in power will believe they can get away with worse.

There is no peace. And neither did Jesus tell people there was gonna be peace...

34Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

No, there was not going to be peace during the Dispensation of Jesus because Jesus did not come to bring peace, but rather a sword.

That is one way we know that these verses in Isaiah cannot refer to Jesus. I believe that Jesus was ‘a Messiah’ but he was no ‘the Messiah’ of the end times that the Jews have long awaited.

Times are gonna be hard. You will have politics that relatives disagree with. You will have siblings that won't even welcome you into the house right now, on account of this virus thingy. You may see your home town close up all stores, like mine, leaving behind a lonely shell. You may lose friends because you speak up and they do not understand or do not agree. You will have to figure out what is right for you, and God may not declare what is right for you right for another person.

There is no peace. What is to come may be peaceful, eventually, but uhhhh...
Times are already hard. They have been hard for a long time and they will get harder before they get easier. I do not envy those who have to grow up in this generation. Life on earth is not going to “return to normal” after this pandemic as some people believe.

No, there is no peace now but there will be peace eventually as promised by Isaiah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then Jesus will return and destroy the man of sin with the breath of His mouth and brightness of His coming.
There is just one small detail you are overlooking... Jesus never promised to return to earth.
Jesus said His work was finished here, and He was no more in the world, and He was going to the Father.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

There is not one single verse in the NT wherein Jesus promised to return.
Jesus saying we will see the Son of man in the clouds does not count because that is not Jesus saying He will return. It is Jesus saying what we will see.

InChrist

Free4ever
The Pharisees and Sadducees claimed to know their scriptures yet not only missed recognising Christ but had Him crucified. I personally believe that Christians have made the same mistake and are flouting themselves as experts that couldn’t be wrong about the Second Coming yet they too have missed it completely and are in denial that they could ever be wrong like the Jewish priests.

The message coming form over 40;000 competing Christians sects is that they are exclusively saved and others are not. It was this kind of closed mindedness that led the Jews to deny Jesus when He first came and it seems it has been repeated again today and led to Christians rejecting the Second Coming which I believe took place a long time ago.
If the second coming of Christ happened a long time ago where is the Millennial Kingdom of peace He promised where the lion lays down with the lamb and weapons are turned into plows?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the second coming of Christ happened a long time ago where is the Millennial Kingdom of peace He promised where the lion lays down with the lamb and weapons are turned into plows?
Are there any verses in the Bible that put a time frame on those events?
I have never seen any time frame in the Bible.
These events were to occur during the Messianic Age, not during the lifetime of the Messiah.

That Kingdom is coming, but since it will be built by humans it will take a long time.

“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it......”

The Promised Day is Come, p. 116

God’s Purpose

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
For one thing... I have yet to hear one Christian refute William Miller's calculations that put the date as 1844. So that's on them.

Now just a couple of problems for Baha'is... do you even believe the Flood literally happened?

Then we have the problems of how many "Christ's" are going to return. Were there wars and rumors of wars and famines and earthquakes and plagues before Muhammad came? Yes. Which proves what? Nothing... only that it's the dumbest prophesy ever. Those things have never stopped happening. So toss that out.

What else was the "true" Messiah supposed to do? Did Jesus, Muhammad, The Bab, or Baha'u'llah fulfill those prophecies? Did they all fulfill all of them or did each just fulfill some of them? Was it prophesied there would be four "Messiahs"? And, for the most part, all of them would be rejected by the Jews? And why would they be rejected? I think the reason is that not one of them fulfill the prophecy about establishing peace. Only Baha'u'llah has a chance at someday having his teaching bring peace. But, right now, he hasn't even brought peace, just more wars and rumors of wars.

Anyway, great thread.

I hope you’re keeping well CG. The less I watch the news the better I feel!

I personally don’t think the real problem is any lack of signs as much as the leaders don’t want their Messiah to come for fear of losing their power.

For each Prophet there are specific prophecies. So for Muhammad and Ali and the Caliphs and Islam there are specific prophecies especially in Revelation even an entire chapter and also in Deuteronomy where four revelations are predicted.

The wars and rumours of wars one is specific to Christ’s return but there is the 1844 one as well as the new name and in Arabic bibles in the 1800 in some prophecies the name Baha’u’llah was actually mentioned but this was changed after He proclaimed His mission.

I still firmly believe that the overriding factor is not any confusion but not even a willingness to look into the claims openly and fairly because of fear that they are true and it would mean a leadership change or dissolution of the churches etc including Islam which would have to then follow a different administration.

I think that in this competitive age that mullahs and priests consider their followers their own personal possessions and do everything in their power to keep them even at the expense of sacrificing the truth as I don’t believe truth matters to them at all just maintaining their membership which gives them power and much wealth.

The flood is symbolic I believe of any worldwide or universal calamity or catastrophe. It need not be water only. We have a virus flooding the world at the moment so it could be a flood of anything. The thing is by man turning away from goodness and being kind and virtuous he brings upon himself by his own selfishness things like world wars and depressions and such but this virus we don’t know how it actually began and likely will never know but it is bankrupting countries all over the world so it’s definitely a big, big, flood of sorts and if we remain true to what the essence of the Bible teaches then I believe that this is happening after another Noah has appeared so it’s food for thought.

Does this virus represent another ‘flood’?

Last edited:

Samantha Rinne

Blue comments

A world government does not preclude nationhood. The Baha’i Faith does not advocate that there should not be nations. Nations will continue, each with their own governments, customs and character.

Fair enough. Right now, my biggest concern is big one-world governments and non-government organizations trying divide the world into "regions" rather than "nations."

“Some form of a world super-state must needs be evolved, in whose favor all the nations of the world will have willingly ceded every claim to make war, certain rights to impose taxation and all rights to maintain armaments, except for purposes of maintaining internal order within their respective dominions. Such a state will have to include within its orbit an international executive adequate to enforce supreme and unchallengeable authority on every recalcitrant member of the commonwealth; a world parliament whose members shall be elected by the people in their respective countries and whose election shall be confirmed by their respective governments; and a supreme tribunal whose judgment will have a binding effect even in such cases where the parties concerned did not voluntarily agree to submit their case to its consideration.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 40-41

“A word of warning should, however, be uttered in this connection. The love of one’s country, instilled and stressed by the teaching of Islám, as “an element of the Faith of God,” has not, through this declaration, this clarion-call of Bahá’u’lláh, been either condemned or disparaged. It should not, indeed it cannot, be construed as a repudiation, or regarded in the light of a censure, pronounced against a sane and intelligent patriotism, nor does it seek to undermine the allegiance and loyalty of any individual to his country, nor does it conflict with the legitimate aspirations, rights, and duties of any individual state or nation. All it does imply and proclaim is the insufficiency of patriotism, in view of the fundamental changes effected in the economic life of society and the interdependence of the nations, and as the consequence of the contraction of the world, through the revolution in the means of transportation and communication—conditions that did not and could not exist either in the days of Jesus Christ or of Muḥammad. It calls for a wider loyalty, which should not, and indeed does not, conflict with lesser loyalties.” The Promised Day Is Come, p. 122

This part seems too Bahai specific, so I'm gonna go without comment of that section.

No, there was not going to be peace during the Dispensation of Jesus because Jesus did not come to bring peace, but rather a sword.

Yes, he said as much.

That is one way we know that these verses in Isaiah cannot refer to Jesus. I believe that Jesus was ‘a Messiah’ but he was no ‘the Messiah’ of the end times that the Jews have long awaited.

I believe Jesus was the Savior, but when the second coming happens there will be a Messiah. I think to the Gentiles, Jesus was Messiah, but the Jews rejected him. The reason was that they expected justice to mean something similar to the Maccabean Revolt, which is a big part of why they chose Barabbas. On some level, modern Christians would want those persecuting them to be punished also, but there are no guarantees he will do this. The only guarantee is that Christ will be with us, that he will be a friend in our need.

Times are already hard. They have been hard for a long time and they will get harder before they get easier. I do not envy those who have to grow up in this generation. Life on earth is not going to “return to normal” after this pandemic as some people believe.

No, there is no peace now but there will be peace eventually as promised by Isaiah.

I certainly hope so. Right now, I can't even get a book published. They told me it would be delayed 5-10 days, and some places might not deliver at all.

loverofhumanity said:
The flood is symbolic I believe of any worldwide or universal calamity or catastrophe. It need not be water only. We have a virus flooding the world at the moment so it could be a flood of anything. The thing is by man turning away from goodness and being kind and virtuous he brings upon himself by his own selfishness things like world wars and depressions and such but this virus we don’t know how it actually began and likely will never know but it is bankrupting countries all over the world so it’s definitely a big, big, flood of sorts and if we remain true to what the essence of the Bible teaches then I believe that this is happening after another Noah has appeared so it’s good for thought.

Does this virus represent another ‘flood’?

The National Review compared it to a blizzard, actually.

Its purpose is to restrain people indoors rather than wash them away.

PruePhillip

If Jesus didn't know, how on earth are you going to get an answer from the internet?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If Jesus didn't know, how on earth are you going to get an answer from the internet?
Jesus did know, He knew He was not coming back to the world.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I would say not before this has hapenned:

This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Matt. 24:14

But the end may be slow process that takes more than few seconds. So, be patient and don’t worry, it will come eventually. :)

Its already been preached all over the world a hundred times over. This is the problem. The denial by Christians worldwide that they could possibly have miss the second coming. Christ would never have said to watch unless there was a great chance of missing His return..

With regards to Christ’s return I do not accept that Christians are especially protected. I believe He’s come already and that only those Christians who are pure hearted and sincere will even look into it. The rest I believe, like the Jews will just scoff and mock at the possibility that they could have missed His return. So sad but the sheep have to be separated from the goats as Christ told.I believe He has come with His new name.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I hope you do not mind if I respond to this even though I am not a Christian.

In the New Testament, Jesus said we would see the Son of man coming in the clouds (Mark 13:26, Mark 14:62, Matthew 24:30, Matthew 26:64).

The title Son of man ultimately comes from the Book of Daniel, where it refers to the Messiah, and is frequently used in the Gospels as a title of Jesus. Presumably the title is symbolic of the perfect humanity that Jesus represented.

It was assumed by Christians that the Son of man referred to the same man Jesus who was resurrected and ascended into the clouds but there is no reason to believe that the title Son of man applies exclusively to Jesus.

Jesus said that we would see the Son of man coming in the clouds with power and great glory.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Jesus did not say "you will see me coming in the clouds."

Jesus never promised to return, not once in the NT, so there is no reason to believe that Jesus would ever return. In fact, Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world and He was going to the Father.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The common argument I get from Christians is that Jesus was resurrected, so that was a game changer because now Jesus is still alive and can return from heaven to earth.

However, that is not a game changer because we still have no verses wherein Jesus ever promised to return to earth. Rather, we have verses where Jesus says His work is finished here and He is no more in the world.

Yes you are correct in as much as Christ, the personality and body was never to return ever again, By Chrust saying He would go away and com back again refers to the Promised One to come after Him with the Kingdom of God.

Abdul-Baha explains what is actually meant by the Second Coming of Christ.

Know that the return of Christ for a second time doth not mean what the people believe, but, rather, signifieth the One promised to come after Him. He shall come with the Kingdom of God and His power which hath surrounded the world. This power (or reign) is in the world of hearts and spirits and not in that of matter (or bodies). For the material world is not comparable to a single wing of a fly, or rather less in the sight of thy Lord, wert thou of those who know! Verily Christ came with His Kingdom from the beginning which hath no beginning and will come with His Kingdom to the eternity of eternities, inasmuch as in this sense Christ is an expression of the divine reality, the simple essence and heavenly entity which hath no beginning or ending. It hath appearance, arising and manifestation and setting in each of the cycles.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
First of all, the Second Coming already happened. Read the stories of the Resurrection. When Jesus raised from the dead, he came back. The expectation of Second Coming as some grand end-times event is the same mentality that the Jews had about the Resurrection. But read what Jesus says about that.

Jesus already has come again. And he is coming again. That is btw would be an eternal is, similar to saying, "The sun is going to rise."

The disciples were disappointed because they understood it as this

instead of this

There may indeed be a second coming, but long before that happens, see if you can meet Jesus in the first place. And Jesus may not look like this.
jesus_christ_by_monstermarika-d1z826x.jpg

Jesus may look like this.

hqdefault.jpg

Hi. Nice post. I believe too that just as the sun sets and rises each day that in each day and age new Suns of Truth rise and set shedding their spiritual illumination on all the world.

In this age I believe it to be Baha’u’llah and in future ages other Suns of Truth will rise and set.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
He won't come back until certain events occur first. The "man of sin" has to be worshiped as "god" in the restored temple of Solomon/Herod at Jerusalem. (That's why I don't support restoration of temple; because even though I believe it's a house of prayer forever; it will soon be corrupted with the presence of satan: the abomination that makes desolate.) This man will deceive the world and be worshiped as god. Everything is already set up and ready to go. They just have to keep going as they are and they can build the temple (with support from well meaning Jewish and Christian zionists) and once they have the temple built the New World Order is ready to go.

The Jews still maintain that He didn’t come the first time so if you think they are wrong then Christians today also might have read the signs wrong too and He could hsve already appeared which I believe He has but people weren’t watching.