• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Christians: When is Christ Returning?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
the vision Jehovah as the heavenly Designer presented it as already put up, ready for inspection and measurement. It pictures the “true tent,” which Jehovah put up, and not man.” So this visionary temple had the “typical representations of the things in the heavens.”
That is very interesting, but you have a logical problem to deal with because all Christians are reading the same scriptures but hardly any of them agree on what they mean..... so which Christians are "right?" They all say they are right but how can one know?

By contrast, Baha'is read what Baha'u'llah wrote and we pretty much agree as to what He means, it is as clear as the noonday sun.... not so with much of the Bible, it is as murky as an unmapped swamp and that is why Daniel said the following:

Daniel Chapter 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

cataway

That is very interesting, but you have a logical problem to deal with because all Christians are reading the same scriptures but hardly any of them agree on what they mean..... so which Christians are "right?" They all say they are right but how can one know?

By contrast, Baha'is read what Baha'u'llah wrote and we pretty much agree as to what He means, it is as clear as the noonday sun.... not so with much of the Bible, it is as murky as an unmapped swamp and that is why Daniel said the following:

Daniel Chapter 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
all that claim to be christian. are not really christian .

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
This is all meaningless to a "Born-Again" type of Christian. Baha'is do not acknowledge the "Sonship and Divinity" the same way those Christians see it. He is God. He alone had the power to forgive sins. "Divine" inspiration of the Gospels? What does that mean to a Baha'i? To those Christians the gospels and whole Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God. Baha'is don't. Yes, it is a mystery that the Roman Church came up with "immaculacy" of Mary.

In Roman Catholic Christian theology, the Immaculate Conception is the conception of the Virgin Mary free from original sin by virtue of the merits of her son Jesus. The Catholic Church teaches that God acted upon Mary in the first moment of her conception, keeping her "immaculate".
Then Peter? Christians probably talk more about Paul then Peter. So this doesn't even fly with me, let alone Fundy Christians.

CG you continue to quote what all others believe.

In the end you have to determine what you believe, make up your own mind about what scriptures say.

Regards Tony
And you continue to avoid answering the tough questions. I said what I believe "This doesn't even fly with me." How do you explain "the reality of the mystery of the Immaculacy of the Virgin Mary is confessed"? I'd like to believe in the Baha'i Faith but some of your beliefs and interpretations of the Scriptures of other religions don't make sense to me. That is what I believe.

Progressive revelation is too much of a simplistic answer to the question as to why there are so many different religions. They are all different. Many have different Gods, Goddesses, or a God. Many have evil demons and a Satan. I believe most of these beliefs have come from people making up their own religion that fits their culture. Some even made the ruler "a god". What is true Christianity? Baha'is say it is the things taught by Jesus. But we don't know what that is except for what his followers told us he said. But the greater thing is what those followers said he did.

Baha'is deny the greatest thing he allegedly did, the resurrection. You don't believe in Christianity. Not one form of Christianity. You believe they are all wrong. Instead, Baha'is make up things about believing in the "Sonship and Divinity" of Jesus? Yes, but that is meaningless, because you also believe he is dead and buried. So therefore, you don't believe what the followers of Jesus said and believed is true.

I believe that the Baha'i Faith evolved out of Islam. It is a liberal form of Islam. Similar to how Christianity could be seen as a liberal form of Judaism. I believe the biggest failures of the Baha'i Faith is how they deal with Hindus and Sikhs. I don't think they fit into the Baha'i scheme of things very well. I might not be right. I don't have to be right. And I might change my mind. But... your answers don't help convince me of anything about the Baha'i Faith.

cataway

All Christians say that, so as an outsider, who am I to believe? o_O
Jesus said
34 I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”john13:35

find the love that Jesus said there would be . i have found it . its earth wide

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus said
34 I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”john13:35

find the love that Jesus said there would be . i have found it . its earth wide
I have found it too, but it is not only Christians who love. People of all religions and no religion, including atheists, love.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And you continue to avoid answering the tough questions. I said what I believe "This doesn't even fly with me." How do you explain "the reality of the mystery of the Immaculacy of the Virgin Mary is confessed"? I'd like to believe in the Baha'i Faith but some of your beliefs and interpretations of the Scriptures of other religions don't make sense to me. That is what I believe.

Progressive revelation is too much of a simplistic answer to the question as to why there are so many different religions. They are all different. Many have different Gods, Goddesses, or a God. Many have evil demons and a Satan. I believe most of these beliefs have come from people making up their own religion that fits their culture. Some even made the ruler "a god". What is true Christianity? Baha'is say it is the things taught by Jesus. But we don't know what that is except for what his followers told us he said. But the greater thing is what those followers said he did.

Baha'is deny the greatest thing he allegedly did, the resurrection. You don't believe in Christianity. Not one form of Christianity. You believe they are all wrong. Instead, Baha'is make up things about believing in the "Sonship and Divinity" of Jesus? Yes, but that is meaningless, because you also believe he is dead and buried. So therefore, you don't believe what the followers of Jesus said and believed is true.

I believe that the Baha'i Faith evolved out of Islam. It is a liberal form of Islam. Similar to how Christianity could be seen as a liberal form of Judaism. I believe the biggest failures of the Baha'i Faith is how they deal with Hindus and Sikhs. I don't think they fit into the Baha'i scheme of things very well. I might not be right. I don't have to be right. And I might change my mind. But... your answers don't help convince me of anything about the Baha'i Faith.

Did you read the Kitab-i-Iqan? It answers all those questions.

I read and agree with what God has offered through the Bab and Baha'u'llah on all those topics CG. The Kitáb-i-Iqan answers the quandaries between Faiths.

It is that simple and it is not for me to convince you that it is Truth. That is for you to decide.

Covid-19 will allow time out to read. If you choose to.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is all meaningless to a "Born-Again" type of Christian. Baha'is do not acknowledge the "Sonship and Divinity" the same way those Christians see it. He is God. He alone had the power to forgive sins. "Divine" inspiration of the Gospels? What does that mean to a Baha'i? To those Christians the gospels and whole Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God. Baha'is don't. Yes, it is a mystery that the Roman Church came up with "immaculacy" of Mary.
Baha'is do believe in a lot of those the same way Christians do. For example, Baha'u'llah wrote that Jesus had the power to forgive sins, we believe that the Gospels are divinely inspired, then of course there is the Virgin Birth we also believe in.

All Christians do not believe that whole Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God and all Christians do not believe Jesus is God incarnate.

cataway

Baha'is do believe in a lot of those the same way Christians do. For example, Baha'u'llah wrote that Jesus had the power to forgive sins, we believe that the Gospels are divinely inspired, then of course there is the Virgin Birth we also believe in.

All Christians do not believe that whole Bible is the inerrant, infallible Word of God and all Christians do not believe Jesus is God incarnate.
which is why i said ''all that claim to be christian. are not really christian'' blame it on the churches for just trying to get people through the church doors .

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Did you read the Kitab-i-Iqan? It answers all those questions.

I read and agree with what God has offered through the Bab and Baha'u'llah on all those topics CG. The Kitáb-i-Iqan answers the quandaries between Faiths.

It is that simple and it is not for me to convince you that it is Truth. That is for you to decide.

Covid-19 will allow time out to read. If you choose to.

Regards Tony
Oh okay, how about you? You got time? Could you read the Vedas and some of the other Scriptures of Hinduism? Anyway, I took a look at this book, the Kitab--Iqan. I remember this book. Someone had already quoted this on an old thread...
Among the Prophets was Noah. For nine hundred and fifty years He prayerfully exhorted His people and summoned them to the haven of security and peace. None, however, heeded His call. Each day they inflicted on His blessed person such pain and suffering that no one believed He could survive. How frequently they denied Him, how malevolently they hinted their suspicion against Him! Thus it hath been revealed: “And as often as a company of His people passed by Him, they derided Him. To them He said: ‘Though ye scoff at us now, we will scoff at you hereafter even as ye scoff at us. In the end ye shall know.’”3 Long afterward, He several times promised victory to His companions and fixed the hour thereof. But when the hour struck, the divine promise was not fulfilled. This caused a few among the small number of His followers to turn away from Him, and to this testify the records of the best-known books. These you must certainly have perused; if not, undoubtedly you will. Finally, as stated in books and traditions, there remained with Him only forty or seventy-two of His followers. At last from the depth of His being He cried aloud: “Lord! Leave not upon the land a single dweller from among the unbelievers.”4
I also remember that Baha'is couldn't explain the 950 years. Baha'is don't believe Noah lived that long. So some tried to say that was the length of his dispensation. But no one knew for sure. Do you know now what was meant by the 950 years, because it sure sounds like it is saying Noah lived for 950 years.

Then where does this story about Noah come from? It isn't anything like what the Jewish Scriptures say... and they are the ones that made him up. Then what about the Flood. Did it rain for 40 days and nights and flood the whole Earth. Did Noah really build a big boat? Did he have people other than just his family with him on the boat? This is not answering questions. It is adding more. And it sounds like it greatly contradicts the version told in the Jewish Scriptures. So why is it true. And if it is true, how does it not make the Jewish version false? No doubt, your "symbolic" explanations and interpretations. But the Baha'i story is literally what happened?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

But what is meant about the "Immaculacy" of Mary? It can't be what the Roman Church believes.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh okay, how about you? You got time? Could you read the Vedas and some of the other Scriptures of Hinduism? Anyway, I took a look at this book, the Kitab--Iqan. I remember this book. Someone had already quoted this on an old thread...
Among the Prophets was Noah. For nine hundred and fifty years He prayerfully exhorted His people and summoned them to the haven of security and peace. None, however, heeded His call. Each day they inflicted on His blessed person such pain and suffering that no one believed He could survive. How frequently they denied Him, how malevolently they hinted their suspicion against Him! Thus it hath been revealed: “And as often as a company of His people passed by Him, they derided Him. To them He said: ‘Though ye scoff at us now, we will scoff at you hereafter even as ye scoff at us. In the end ye shall know.’”3 Long afterward, He several times promised victory to His companions and fixed the hour thereof. But when the hour struck, the divine promise was not fulfilled. This caused a few among the small number of His followers to turn away from Him, and to this testify the records of the best-known books. These you must certainly have perused; if not, undoubtedly you will. Finally, as stated in books and traditions, there remained with Him only forty or seventy-two of His followers. At last from the depth of His being He cried aloud: “Lord! Leave not upon the land a single dweller from among the unbelievers.”4
I also remember that Baha'is couldn't explain the 950 years. Baha'is don't believe Noah lived that long. So some tried to say that was the length of his dispensation. But no one knew for sure. Do you know now what was meant by the 950 years, because it sure sounds like it is saying Noah lived for 950 years.

Then where does this story about Noah come from? It isn't anything like what the Jewish Scriptures say... and they are the ones that made him up. Then what about the Flood. Did it rain for 40 days and nights and flood the whole Earth. Did Noah really build a big boat? Did he have people other than just his family with him on the boat? This is not answering questions. It is adding more. And it sounds like it greatly contradicts the version told in the Jewish Scriptures. So why is it true. And if it is true, how does it not make the Jewish version false? No doubt, your "symbolic" explanations and interpretations. But the Baha'i story is literally what happened?

I guess the difference here CG, is that I do not read that book, or any scriptures as if they are a material story.

To me they are based on events of the time, that would have been witnessed by those that heard the Message, but the story is more world embracing, both in scope and ramifications.

To me at the same time Noah gave a message, God would have inspired others all around the world with new visions, new thoughts, bringing about and ever advancing and evolving civilisation.

I personally see the extent of time as a dispensation, but Shoghi Effendi says there is nothing to support that in the writings, there has not been an explanation given. What has been said is that when numbers are mentioned they have many deep spiritual meanings and implications.

Baha'u'llah said what is offered is a great ocean full of pearls of great price. It is up to us if we want to dive in and gather those pearls.

Another thing to consider is every action we take, every though we have while we say to others I am a follower of a particular Faith, reverts back to the Messengers that brought that Faith into this reality. So can you see people will still be inflicting pain and suffering well after a Messenger leaves this world;

".... My captivity,' Baha'u'llah wrote, 'cannot harm Me. That which can harm Me is the conduct of those who love Me, who claim to be related to Me, and yet perpetrate what causeth my heart and My pen to groan.' And again: 'My captivity can bring on Me no shame. Nay, by My life, it conferreth on Me glory. That which can make Me ashamed is the conduct of such of My followers as profess to love Me, yet in fact follow the Evil One." Us that say we Love, but fail to produce that love in our lives, cause the greatest harm.

There is so much in that book CG, that it would take infinite lives of 1000 years, just to find a needle in the haystack of meaning that book offers. But naught is found if it is viewed like the past scriptures, that the story is a just a historical material story, telling of historical material facts. The books are universes of light and ocean of words containing those many pearls of great price.

Personally I can say, that if in the 80's I had seen in those books what I now come to see, then I do know life would be very different now. All the mistakes made, could have been seen and considered in a different light. But that is life, it is about making a better future by tying each day to do better than the day just gone.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But what is meant about the "Immaculacy" of Mary? It can't be what the Roman Church believes.
I don't really know, but below are the "official" Baha'i positions.

1637. Christ, Virgin Birth of

"First regarding the birth of Jesus Christ. In light of what Bahá’u’lláh and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá have stated concerning this subject it is evident that Jesus came into this world through the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit, and that consequently His birth was quite miraculous. This is an established fact, and the friends need not feel at all surprised, as the belief in the possibility of miracles has never been rejected in the Teachings. Their importance, however, has been minimized."

(From a letter dated December 31, 1937 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

1639. Bahá’í Teachings in Agreement with Doctrines of Catholic Church Concerning the Virgin Birth

"With regard to your question concerning the Virgin Birth of Jesus: On this point, as on several others, the Bahá’í Teachings are in full agreement with the doctrines of the Catholic Church. In the 'Kitáb-i-Íqán' (Book of Certitude) p. 56, and in a few other Tablets still unpublished, Bahá’u’lláh confirms, however indirectly, the Catholic conception of the Virgin Birth. Also ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in the 'Some Answered Questions', Chap. XII, p. 73, explicitly states that 'Christ found existence through the Spirit of God' which statement necessarily implies, when viewed in the light of the text, that Jesus was not the son of Joseph."

(From a letter dated October 14, 1945 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

Lights of Guidance/Christ - Bahaiworks, a library of works about the Bahá’í Faith

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These you must certainly have perused; if not, undoubtedly you will. Finally, as stated in books and traditions, there remained with Him only forty or seventy-two of His followers.

What has been said is that when numbers are mentioned they have many deep spiritual meanings and implications.

This is a thought about the numbers. In the Bible there are specific numbers given to each prophet and it is given as the length of their life, I will not dwell on that at this time, but I see they are a key to greater truths yet to be found.

The numbers that are interesting, quoted by Baha'u'llah is the remaining followers of Noah, we must ask why did He offer that there was 40 or 72?

This is not saying that is a material fact, those numbers mean far greater things.

It is those types of thought we are to pursue, if we want to understand what is being said behind the outer words.

Look up 40 in the Bible, it is mentioned many times and you will see it even plays a part in prophecy and Baha'u'llah gave His Message for 40 years.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I don't really know, but below are the "official" Baha'i positions.

1637. Christ, Virgin Birth of

"First regarding the birth of Jesus Christ. In light of what Bahá’u’lláh and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá have stated concerning this subject it is evident that Jesus came into this world through the direct intervention of the Holy Spirit, and that consequently His birth was quite miraculous. This is an established fact, and the friends need not feel at all surprised, as the belief in the possibility of miracles has never been rejected in the Teachings. Their importance, however, has been minimized."

(From a letter dated December 31, 1937 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

1639. Bahá’í Teachings in Agreement with Doctrines of Catholic Church Concerning the Virgin Birth

"With regard to your question concerning the Virgin Birth of Jesus: On this point, as on several others, the Bahá’í Teachings are in full agreement with the doctrines of the Catholic Church. In the 'Kitáb-i-Íqán' (Book of Certitude) p. 56, and in a few other Tablets still unpublished, Bahá’u’lláh confirms, however indirectly, the Catholic conception of the Virgin Birth. Also ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in the 'Some Answered Questions', Chap. XII, p. 73, explicitly states that 'Christ found existence through the Spirit of God' which statement necessarily implies, when viewed in the light of the text, that Jesus was not the son of Joseph."

(From a letter dated October 14, 1945 written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer)

Lights of Guidance/Christ - Bahaiworks, a library of works about the Bahá’í Faith
Yeah, I have a hard time with believing the Virgin birth of Jesus too. I'm fine that and the resurrection being embellished myths added in to the story. But the "Immaculate" conception of Mary was something the Roman Church invented, so I doubt that is what the Baha'i Faith believes. Since they believe in "original" sin, they had to find a way to make Mary born without sin.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah, I have a hard time with believing the Virgin birth of Jesus too. I'm fine that and the resurrection being embellished myths added in to the story. But the "Immaculate" conception of Mary was something the Roman Church invented, so I doubt that is what the Baha'i Faith believes. Since they believe in "original" sin, they had to find a way to make Mary born without sin.
Im·mac·u·late Con·cep·tion
noun
noun: Immaculate Conception
  1. the doctrine that God preserved the Virgin Mary from the taint of original sin from the moment she was conceived; it was defined as a dogma of the Roman Catholic Church in 1854.
    • the feast commemorating the Immaculate Conception on December 8.
    immaculate conception means - Google Search

Since Baha'is do not believe in original sin, we cannot believe in the immaculate conception either.

Messianic Israelite

In the 19th century the Adventists watched for His coming and even sold their possessions and waited on Mount Carmel in Ascension robes.

It all ended in what many know as the Great Disappointment. Christ, they concluded had not returned.

Christians often quote the Bible referring to rumours of wars and such calamities as heralding the Second Coming yet whenever these things have occurred like the Great Lisbon earthquake, the dark day and shooting stars 1833 and even Halleys Comet they still insisted He hadn’t returned.

Since then we’ve had the First World War Still He didn’t come in their eyes. The Second World War Hes coming soon they say. The World trade centre and Tsunami and - yes He’s nearly here!

So it’s going on and on these delaying tactics and I believe it’s going to be the same with this virus. Christians are telling me now He’s almost here and when the virus has ended and Christ hasn’t floated down on a cloud in a magnificent light show then again we will be told He’s coming soon. This has become a regular denial no matter what sign occurs.

So why do Christian leaders keep delaying the coming of Christ? What are they so afraid of? Yes no one knows the day or the hour until He has come. Then it will be a known fact.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that He might bring a new Kingdom but appoint different leaders? The Jews were afraid of the Messiah as He was called King of the Jews so they feared for their temporal power. Is it also possible that priests and popes have feared for their temporal power even to the extent to be willing to deny Christ’s Return?

I really think that it’s become so ridiculous that many no longer take the second coming seriously anymore because it keeps being predicted then put off and delayed. A picture of complete confusion.

As to current circumstances Let’s reflect a bit. Did the flood come before or after Noah’s call to turn to God was ignored by the masses?

To me personally, every indication is there is a type of ‘flood’ happening now which to me suggests that another Noah has already appeared and as usual has been laughed at, mocked and scorned.

So it’s impossible another Noah or the Second Coming has already taken place? And the flood - is it once again upon us?

Matthew 24:32 says:
"Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh; 33 even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors."

They are prophesies that need to take place before the coming of the Messiah. You can read about many of them in Revelation. Furthermore, Chr-stianity has failed to proclaim the good news to the nations in the sense that they have been corrupted and preach a different 'gospel' to what the Bible teaches. Chr-stianity today does not teach the Biblical Law, yet Romans 7:12 calls the law holy and good; Chr-stians say it is done away with in the Messiah. This is why we have so much infractions against the law in society. This is why there is so much crime. This is why there is so much confusion, because people have absorbed this corrupted message from Chr-stianity.

Chr-stians don't even know who they worship, they don't use the name of the Almighty as we are commanded to in myriad scriptures, even in the Model Prayer. Haven't you read Luke 13:35?

cataway

Who do you think are the real Christians?
ISAIAH 43:10&11

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none.
11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

Last edited: