• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times have changed

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think you are just a bias person with some kind of idea of bigotry about all Muslims and you are trying your best to twist this into what it is not.

Maybe you are trying your best to make others just like you in order to feel good that you are not alone in this world and others are also as bad as you.

Dont do cheap things. If you cannot engage decently, just stay away.

Just for your information, I was not referring to a Muslim society. Check yourself and your unbelievable racism and bigotry.
On the contrary I am disappointed because I had hoped not to find evidence of thinking of women as property. I notice that in your reply you say nothing to address that criticism.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't know. I got married fairly young. One thing you didn't do was talked about someone else's wife in case it got back to your own.

Religious prototyping, I suspect you have to thank the media for that. The news is easier for to digest by labeling folks. A cheap way to explain cause and effect. People tend to want to know why something happened. So you label the perpetrator a religious terrorist and no longer need to be concerned about the details.

First thing is, I was not referring to a muslim society. So that assumption comes because of bigotry.

Also, when someone speaks about someone else's wife you are making it sound a bit perverse. To me, it goes both ways. Maybe you have a completely different background. You can explain your experience without trying your best to find some weird flaw in the proponent.

If someone wants to know why something happened, he can ask "why did this happen". Terrorists dont have anything to do with this. Maybe that is one of your favourite topics to bring into some topic just to make a red herring or a personal attack based on what you perceive they are. You are creating some kind of red herring speaking of "religious terrorist" etc etc is a bit strange.

Maybe you too have some weird thoughts about Muslims and when a muslim speaks of anything you have that cognitive bias and it comes out, but this was nothing to do with muslims. Absolutely nothing.

But I am learning a lot about how people think. Bigotry, racism, lack of education, ignorance, genetic fallacies are rampant I can see clearly. Speculation is in the forefront.

Thanks for the education.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
First thing is, I was not referring to a muslim society. So that assumption comes because of bigotry.

Also, when someone speaks about someone else's wife you are making it sound a bit perverse. To me, it goes both ways. Maybe you have a completely different background. You can explain your experience without trying your best to find some weird flaw in the proponent.

If someone wants to know why something happened, he can ask "why did this happen". Terrorists dont have anything to do with this. Maybe that is one of your favourite topics to bring into some topic just to make a red herring or a personal attack based on what you perceive they are. You are creating some kind of red herring speaking of "religious terrorist" etc etc is a bit strange.

Maybe you too have some weird thoughts about Muslims and when a muslim speaks of anything you have that cognitive bias and it comes out, but this was nothing to do with muslims. Absolutely nothing.

But I am learning a lot about how people think. Bigotry, racism, lack of education, ignorance, genetic fallacies are rampant I can see clearly. Speculation is in the forefront.

Thanks for the education.

I wasn't thinking about Muslims since this was not part of my experience. Christians get labeled as terrorists too.

I said religious terrorist because you get a neat cause and effect in the news story that most see no need to look past.
I agree it sounds perverse because that's the culture I grew up it. A weirdness that is not logical but still defines what one is comfortable with.
American prudishness is not particularly rational and I know that but still defines what I am comfortable with.

Though I may intellectually understand your culture, my subconscious likes and dislikes was programmed into my subconscious long ago.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I wasn't thinking about Muslims since this was not part of my experience. Christians get labeled as terrorists too.

Yeah. But still, maybe terrorists are one of your pet peeves. Just not relevant to this thread. Not a super analogy either.

I said religious terrorist because you get a neat cause and effect in the news story that most see no need to look past.
I agree it sounds perverse because that's the culture I grew up it. A weirdness that is not logical but still defines what one is comfortable with.
American prudishness is not particularly rational and I know that but still defines what I am comfortable with.

Though I may intellectually understand your culture, my subconscious likes and dislikes was programmed into my subconscious long ago.

Cannot engage with that Nakosis. Why not respond to the OP rather than to someone else's bigotry and a specific response with out assuming religions, terrorism, some other genetic fallacy or anything like that?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yeah. But still, maybe terrorists are one of your pet peeves. Just not relevant to this thread. Not a super analogy either.

Cannot engage with that Nakosis. Why not respond to the OP rather than to someone else's bigotry and a specific response with out assuming religions, terrorism, some other genetic fallacy or anything like that?

Ok, I thought the post was about religious prototyping and cultural change.
I guess not. :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Ok, I thought the post was about religious prototyping and cultural change.
I guess not. :)

If you read the OP instead of jumping onto someone else's truly bigoted comment with some perverse idea in the back of the mind, you would understand better. Thats actually how threads work.

Maybe you had the urge to the rescue of someone who belonged to your religion and assumed others were attacking your own religion or something. Pretty strange really.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you read the OP instead of jumping onto someone else's truly bigoted comment with some perverse idea in the back of the mind, you would understand better. Thats actually how threads work.

Maybe you had the urge to the rescue of someone who belonged to your religion and assumed others were attacking your own religion or something. Pretty strange really.

Sorry, no idea who you are talking about. I was writing from my own perspective. I'll just leave it at that.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Sorry, no idea who you are talking about. I was writing from my own perspective. I'll just leave it at that.

Apologies if I misrepresented you.

When I said "another mans wife", I meant like your boutique owner down the street, and you meet him and his family at the park and you tell the mother "mam you are truly beautiful". Or your best friend. Thats how we grew up. Not long ago. It was considered being a gentleman and you are trusted.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Apologies if I misrepresented you.

When I said "another mans wife", I meant like your boutique owner down the street, and you meet him and his family at the park and you tell the mother "mam you are truly beautiful". Or your best friend. Thats how we grew up. Not long ago. It was considered being a gentleman and you are trusted.

That's cool with me. My point was I didn't see my culture as being that open.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That's cool with me. My point was I didn't see my culture as being that open.

I dont know if you are older than me, but I assume you are older than me. I dont want to get into specific societies per se, but I want to try and understand this change. So you probably know better.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Imagine how it is when you praise another mans wife for her beauty
I did that several times without any issue.

however, my husband has no problems to tell me that a common female friend is really beautiful. Same with me when I see a very attractive man, Same among his friends, when someone tells him that I am extremely beautiful. Why should that be a problem?

Or are you telling us that men are generally more insecure? Or is that asymmetry depending on culture?

ciao

- viole